What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

So why china is allowing such NGO.....

Spineless leaders running China now.

Mao would never allow such things inside China.

CPC will one day regret ever allowing Western NGOs inside China. They are planting the seeds of their own demise.

I said these NGO's will cause trouble in China one day, and I was 100% correct.
If China don't kick these NGOs out, then the CPC itself will fall eventually.

I'm smarter than the CPC and their advisors. Why can I see the role of NGO's but the CPC and MSS can't?
Why spend all those billions on internal security when they can't even stop an NGO from doing this?
Wastage of money.

West is so dominant because the non-West is utterly brainless. No common sense.
Bunch of fools allowing anti-China Western NGO's, Western missionaries, Western media, Western companies (Google) to run rampant inside China.

Colonial mindset. They think they still own the world. They need a good spank to their butt

I would get rid of Leung and put a hawkish military general from the PLA as chief executive of Hong Kong.

Leung is weak and spineless letting anti-China Western activity inside China.

Well exercising influence on a once colonial city these days does not have a strong impact on a country such as China. Disrupting normal daily life in HK does not harm Mainland's stability/politically/economically as we have seen. In fact a large majority of the locals condemned the student protest lol. Some people think they can recreate 1989 Beijing protest :wave:
Cameron was even about to lose control of Scotland staying inside the UK :lol:

CPC will one day regret ever allowing Western NGOs inside China. They are planting the seeds of their own demise.

I'm smarter than the CPC and their advisors. Why can I see the role of NGO's but the CPC and MSS can't?
Why spend all those billions on internal security when they can't even stop an NGO from doing this?
Wastage of money.

Bunch of fools allowing anti-China Western NGO's, Western missionaries, Western media, Western companies (Google) to run rampant inside China.

Most of spy ring in Pakistan is run by NGO. One part of the NGO is to control media. That is why we see the media working against the interest of Pakistan. I think china must have learn't it by now. No one is paying for free or giving money for free. Every NGO has it own agenda when the enter the country.

Kick every NGO out of the country. China and HK has it own resources.

well it doesnt really matter now, seeing how you are influenced by your former child
( after stripped all your colonies and commonwealth, and technologies. )
You do nonetheless because UK is struggling to matter in world politics, most of your former children play a larger role now in geopolitics anyways, we honestly don't care about your influence in Hong Kong that much just as India and Pakistan don't care that much.

we have way more influence than almost every country in the world bar the U.S :agree:. In fact we punch way above our weight in the world. We are involve in almost every hot spots in the world. We have more influence than even a country like Japan even though it has a way more larger economy than we do.:D:big_boss:. Moreover we have a language that is still spoken all over the world as a dafacto world language.:D, we also have the best universities/educational institutions in the world(many Chinese, Indians, Russians etc wealthy/corrupt offcials still send their kids here for studies/live a better life.:enjoy:), plus we have one of the best/if not best banking/financial industry in the world.:P We still are a leading country technologically speaking, In fact we can help China and India develop a better engine(which they are still strugling to do, India case is even worse.:cray:) if they ask nicely:D, note that our Rolls Royce engines are used all over the world even by the U.S since they themselves know how reliable they are. So dont underestimate our influence/reach. :cheers:

Wastage of money.

Hey, buddy, easy and calm down.
We have the list. Be confident, we can deal with it.

Do you guys eat pasta every day? Just wondering.

We don't interfere the US internal political affairs, so the US also shouldn't interfere ours.

And don't forget Russia, since they are now one of the biggest supporters for China's political model.

This is Putin's Russia, love it or leave it.

No, i don´t eat pasta evry day. But quite often. Its one of most popular foods in the world :)

The no of protesters who are still acting stupid on the streets are whittled down to a few dozens / a hundred in each location in the past few days

The local majority are getting sick of this abhorrent madness

why this China hater @Fukuoka is not posting any pics of the deserted "occupy central" sites here?

I like it.

To the misguided college kids: time to go home to your mama. To the rest of the riots instigators and cheer leaders, hope what happened helps you realize that you can burn your own house down, or kill yourself, but not a sh!t is given by the 1.3 billion people in mainland China;)

BEIJING — Saying "constructive dialogue" is impossible, Hong Kong's government canceled plans for much-anticipated talks with protesters in an unprecedented civil disobedience movement that has paralyzed parts of the city for the past two weeks.

The announcement by Chief Secretary Carrie Lam on Thursday came hours after student protesters and organizers vowed to not retreat from their "occupation," calling for the public to gather Friday outside government headquarters to pressure Hong Kong to jump-start talks on constitutional changes.

"I truly regret that we will not be able to have a meeting tomorrow which will produce any constructive outcome," Lam said.

Reacting to the announcement, student leaders Thursday called the government "insincere" and reiterated calls for new protests Friday.

Authorities' attempts to persuade protesters, who have occupied Hong Kong's streets since Sept. 28, have largely failed, although demonstrators' numbers have dwindled to a few hundred from a peak of tens of thousands.

Protesters in this semi-autonomous city under China's control are demanding Beijing withdraw its plans requiring candidates for the territory's leader — next elected in 2017 by universal suffrage for the first time — to be nominated by a pro-Beijing committee.

Beijing has condemned the "illegal" protests, offering little hope for compromise, and appears prepared to back the Hong Kong government's strategy of waiting out the protesters.

Pro-democracy lawmakers, who so far haven't played much of a role in the civil disobedience campaign, said they would join in by blocking all government funding requests in the legislature except for the most urgent.

The pro-democracy camp is "stepping up their game," while students follow strategies "from the playbook of non-violent struggle," said Michael Davis, a constitutional law expert at the University of Hong Kong.

"Beijing is virtually clueless as to how its actions affect Hong Kong people," said Davis, who blamed Hong Kong officials and pro-Beijing public figures for never challenging China's line and misleading Beijing over sentiments in the city.

"The mainland will feel pressure for political reform, but that's not Hong Kong-driven," he said. "Hong Kong people are no revolutionaries, they are a pretty moderate group of people."

Still, Chinese authorities appear deeply worried about the potential impact. Dozens of mainland activists have been detained or intimidated for expressing support, according to China Human Rights Defenders, a Hong Kong-based advocacy group.

"The central government is extremely concerned about the Hong Kong protests, and ensures any solidarity with the protests is nipped in the bud to stop any spread of sympathy that challenges the central government rhetoric," said Maya Wang, a researcher in Hong Kong for Human Rights Watch. "There has been a thorough cleansing of social media."

On Twitter, which is largely blocked in China, some forwarded a call for an Occupy Tiananmen Square movement Saturday, telling protesters to bring umbrellas, Hong Kong's protest symbol.

Rain is likely, said Wang, who also forecasts a heavy-handed response from "paranoid" Chinese authorities.
"They see the shadows of revolution everywhere," she said.

Meanwhile, many mainland Chinese either remain ignorant of the protests or accept the highly negative portrayal in state-run media.

Beijing fashion designer Zhao Muting, 32, who has visited Hong Kong, doubts students there will achieve much through the protest, but envies their right to try.

"I wish China could have more democratic freedoms in the future, but I am wondering how we get them," she said. "I hope it's not through bloody means."

Contributing: The Associated Press

Hong Kong government cancels talks with protesters

Back
Top Bottom