What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

The article is a sort of late comer. Hence, irrelevant now. As for interfering in another state's internal affairs, that's an offence under international law. Besides, Japan has its own soft spots, thus, a consensus not to interfere in each other's political-social issues is possibly the best route to take for both.

Soft spots are easy to scratch and the region is full with soft spots. No body is spared.

Just as New Yorkers could not care less about Texan's complaints, right? But sovereignty and national territorial integrity is another issue, if it is what you try to imply.

I guess those articles should just test and challenge China's sovereignty over Hong Kong to see China's resolve and the Chinese people's reaction.

This attempt to paint HK as somehow separate from the rest of China is no less lame than Texan or Californian independence movements.

Other than this, certainly, HK's economic woes is a concern for their on residents, local government and Beijing. It is not by accident that Beijing subsidizes HK for eternity. Because Beijing has sole autonomy and thus responsibility.

This was a big blunder on part of the string holders. Some heads should roll over the State Department and a bunch of CIA extensions here and there.

I see one big problem with the US handling its foreign diplomacy. This has been the case with rightist-sentimentalist Bush and centrist-sentimentalist Obama: The US has recently been too in a rush, hasty to reveal its true color all at once -- all the cards it has, so to speak. There is no strategic silence, or a monetary step-back to see the bigger picture, to calculate costs and benefits, to let the early hot-headedness pass... Led by Biden, they simply jump into every occasion and speak their mind, which allows the opponent to develop counter-strategies early on.

I guess US has a serious leadership problem and I guess your Constitution allows you to overthrow a government by force when it turns tyrannical. I consider this plundering of foreign legitimacy and influence an extension of tyranny. Deal with it, US people. Let's see you will be greeted with open arms or riot police.

Didn't you live and work in the US at some point? I thought you knew better. The reason why I am so amused at the conspiracy theories about American manipulation is because there is no such thing as long-term thinking in US foreign policy, and there is no such thing as strategic thinking in US foreign policy. US foreign policy is values-based and reactionary, so all of the Russian and Chinese talk of deep manipulation is simple projection. I guess you don't understand us as well as I thought.

By the way, it is not the Constitution that calls for revolution in the face of tyranny, but the superior Declaration of Independence that provides legitimacy for such actions. The way we're going, I no longer see such an outcome outside the realm of possibility.

Documents show US openly approves HK chaos

According to a recent article by MintPress News based in the United States, behind the so-called "Occupy Central" protests, which masquerade as a "pro-democracy" movement seeking "universal suffrage" and "full democracy," is a deep and insidious network of foreign financial, political, and media support. Prominent among them is the US State Department and its National Endowment for Democracy (NED) as well as NED's subsidiary, the National Democratic Institute (NDI).

To push this agenda – which essentially is to prevent Beijing from vetting candidates running for office in Hong Kong, thus opening the door to politicians openly backed, funded, and directed by the US State Department – NDI lists an array of ongoing meddling it is carrying out on the island.

Since 1997, NDI has conducted a series of missions to Hong Kong to consider the development of Hong Kong's "post-reversion" election framework, the status of autonomy, rule of law and civil liberties under Chinese sovereignty.

It also claims: In 2005, NDI initiated a six-month young political leaders program focused on training a group of rising party and political group members in political communications skills.

NDI also admits it has created, funded, and backed other organizations operating in Hong Kong toward achieving the US State Department's goals of subverting Beijing's control over the island.

It should be no surprise to readers then, to find out each and every "Occupy Central" leader is either directly linked to the US State Department, NED, and NDI, or involved in one of NDI's many schemes.

"Occupy Central's" self-proclaimed leader, Benny Tai, is a law professor at the aforementioned University of Hong Kong and a regular collaborator with the NDI-funded CCPL. In 2006-2007 he was named as a board member – a position he has held until at least as recently as last year. In CCPL's 2011-2013 annual report , NDI is listed as having provided funding to the organization to.

There is also Martin Lee, founding chairman of Hong Kong's Democrat Party and another prominent figure who has come out in support of "Occupy Central." Just this year, Lee was in Washington meeting directly with US Vice President Joseph Biden, US Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, and even took part in an NED talk hosted specifically for him and his agenda of "democracy" in Hong Kong.
Lee even has a NED page dedicated to him after he was awarded in 1997 NED's "Democracy Award." With him in Washington was Anson Chan, another prominent figure currently supporting the ongoing unrest in Hong Kong's streets.

If democracy is characterized by self-rule, than an "Occupy Central" movement in which every prominent figure is the benefactor of and beholden to foreign cash, support, and a foreign-driven agenda, has nothing at all to do with democracy. It does have, however, everything to do with abusing democracy to undermine Beijing's control over Hong Kong, and open the door to candidates that clearly serve foreign interests, not those of China, or even the people of Hong Kong.

Exposing the insidious, disingenuous, foreign-driven nature of "Occupy Central" is important. It is also important to objectively examine each and every protest that springs up around the world. Superficiality cannot "link" one movement to another, one group to hidden special interests. Rather, one must adhere to due diligence in identifying and profiling the leaders, following the money, identifying their true motivations, and documenting their links to special interests within or beyond the borders of the nation the protests are taking place in.

This shows some kind of indirect link, if there is even any. Tho i can understand why some Chinese would think that there is an American hand behind these protests.

:lol:
If they're going to have a protest, at least make it last for 2 freaking weeks.
This bunch of losers couldn't even last that long :lol:

This 'protest movement' has to go down as the worst 'protest movement' EVER!

CPC is laughing.
It turned ordinary HK people against this insignificant groups of hooligans big time.

CPC will still vet every future leader of Hong Kong.

Their 15 seconds of fame is up. Considering it didn't even last 2 weeks, I think its about 5 seconds of fame.
Plus there is a project that need to be handed in, due next week.
Some students did not want to go protest but went due to peer pressure. At least they had ten minutes of fame. Now they should make these students clean up the mess.

may be that was why japan targeted them first.
whatever, you said it right, these hk protesters don't have the guts to pick up arms like ukranians
It's not that. The HK students are smarter in the sense that picking up arms (if they can get it) means death. Most of these students were ranting frustrations because HK is no longer a number one financial powerhouse of China.

Now they come to their senses that dying for a lost cause is just plain stupid. HK Chinese after this shenanigan will be more united with mainland.

Last edited:
Japan don't want to openly support the HK Occupy movement because of Okinawa.

Japan don't want to openly condemn the HK Occupy movement because of the fear of offending the US.

Japan don't want to stay completely silent because of its ego.

Solution: make a halfassed statement late into the game when they know the show is about to be over.

Hmmm from this, I get the impression that Japan has too strong of an economic connection to Hong Kong. Beijing should strengthen its economic grip on Hong Kong somehow so it won't feel more and more separated from mainland China by 2047.

This shows some kind of indirect link, if there is even any. Tho i can understand why some Chinese would think that there is an American hand behind these protests.

There is an American hand behind every trouble in the world。

As a matter of fact,the US has become THE trouble maker in the world。:lol:

Its always easy for nations to point some kind of blame on the pre-eminent power. Please know that there is no single nation that is devoid of 'foreign' entanglements.

Hmmm from this, I get the impression that Japan has too strong of an economic connection to Hong Kong.

It is not just Japan, my friend, in fact its every single world power that has vested interests in the Asia-Pacific. Afterall, Hong Kong serves as the conduit to the greater China Market. Their transparent market laws favors FDI operations there, and until China's Corporate Law becomes readily transparent, Hong Kong will remain significant. Hong Kong will remain the financial center of the Orient.

I hope they could have some gut like those maidan neo-nazis from Ukraine to start some bloodshed, but too bad these people were descended from the pussy KMT and the slaves colonized under the UK.

Not all South Chinese are born weakling, since Mao and his early CPC guerilla fighters were all South Chinese from Hunan.

The Cantonese army was also known as the brave fighters in the Chinese history, but people from HK has generally a weak mind though, same for people from Shanghai.

Wow, congrat, you just call your fellow country men as weakling. To hear that from somebody who call themselves as a patriot. This is the funniest comment I ever hear. Don't you ever realize that you just denouncing your own people in the front of an international community? Plus, southerner won't like your post. So that comment is basically can become a seed of friction. Well, congrat for that. Hopefully you can be more clever when commenting people. It is your country that people are seeing. lol

Come on,surely not so soon?

I want to see a prolonged movement which ends up relegating HK into a third-rate Chinese city。:D

Come on,surely not so soon?

I want to see a prolonged movement which ends up relegating HK into a third-rate Chinese city。:D
And then they will come begging to Beijing for a bailout.

:rofl:

As a matter of fact,the US has become THE trouble maker in the world。:lol:
Yup, whenever there's trouble G.I Joe is there--G.I Joe!

Shanghai rising to more prominence should this protest prolong, either way it's a win win situation :lol:

US foreign policy is values-based and reactionary, so all of the Russian and Chinese talk of deep manipulation is simple projection.

It has become reactionary and rigid, thus value-based. But these values are not necessarily universal or exceptional. They are just values, or ideologies, that the leadership happens to believe strongly. Due to that self-centric and exceptionalist ideology, the US attempts to spread these so-called "universal" values by force, by intimidation, or by undercover activity.

One or the other may work in certain places such as Libya. But, in China, none of them would work. And with this "strategic hollowness" and "big mouthness" of the US leadership, the remaining advantages (whatever they are) are lost.

The way we're going, I no longer see such an outcome outside the realm of possibility.

Go for it. And then we will talk about regime survival reflection and riot police/national guards and whatever.

Back
Top Bottom