What's new

China 'firmly opposes' PM Modi's Arunachal visit; India hits back

I think the "Professional" dude has me on his ignore list.:(

What are your thoughts on ignoring people on pdf?

I don't ignore anyone (the function the forum has)...it just gets in the way of conversations (creates breaks because ppl responding to someone i have on ignore etc)....and people are capable of changing over time to something I don't need to ignore anymore (that I would not gather if I had em on ignore).

I do something like what you do with bluesky, I just don't bother to read the post of some ppl knowing whats in it etc....and also defer from responding since there is no point with some (either some topics or all topics, it varies). But things can change....and I let them have benefit of the doubt on it.

I don't ignore anyone (the function the forum has)...it just gets in the way of conversations (creates breaks because ppl responding to someone i have on ignore etc)....and people are capable of changing over time to something I don't need to ignore anymore (that I would not gather if I had em on ignore).

I do something like what you do with bluesky, I just don't bother to read the post of some ppl knowing whats in it etc....and also defer from responding since there is no point with some (either some topics or all topics, it varies). But things can change....and I let them have benefit of the doubt on it.

As long as you keep this viewpoint consistent then all good.

As long as you keep this viewpoint consistent then all good.

Well it comes from trial and error....I used ignore function in the past....and it just turned out to be getting in the way lot more than it "helped"....and some people (i've had on ignore or would have had) have indeed changed and even had decent conversations with me since (and vice versa, others I used to have good convo with have lapsed into quiet mode from one end or both for whatever reason.)

Thus that is what I would recommend to everyone....but of course it all depends on the individual in the end.

Back
Top Bottom