What's new

China Feb oil imports from Iran rises by 81% on year

Chinese-Dragon

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
China
A recent report shows that China's February crude oil imports from the Islamic Republic of Iran have increased by more than eighty percent compared to the corresponding period last year.

China, Iran's top crude oil customer, bought nearly 2.0 million tons of Iranian crude in February, equivalent to about 521,330 barrels per day (bpd). The figure rose 81 percent from 288,576 bpd a year earlier, Reuters reported.

Earlier this month, China's biggest refiner announced that it will process more Iranian crude oil at its second-largest plant in 2013 than in 2012.

"We have followed the government's requirement to maximize our import volume from Iran (this year)," Yu Xizhi, president of Sinopec Maoming Petrochemical Corp, said.

"After all, China and Iran enjoy good relations," he noted.

China Feb oil imports from Iran rises by 81% on year

Bear in mind that the USA already gave us full exemptions to buy Iranian oil, and we buy most of Iran's oil exports anyway. So it is not as impressive as it sounds, but it still seems interesting enough to warrant a discussion. :tup:

Additional links:

Xinhua - China's Iranian oil imports "legitimate": FM spokesman

Financial Times - US exempts China from Iran oil sanctions

Iran should be able to survive as long as it can sell around 1 million barrels of oil a day.

It might even be good for Iran in the long-run as it will force the Iranian government to more aggressively develop the non-oil based sectors of the economy.

Do you have numbers for China's oil imports for March ?

Indian crude imports have declined in March, I was so surprised when I saw the nos.

I've been saying this for years, Iran's fate lies with China. Their only chance of survival is somehow joining Chinese block. But they lack the vision... mullah regime needs some brains.

I've been saying this for years, Iran's fate lies with China. Their only chance of survival is somehow joining Chinese block. But they lack the vision... mullah regime needs some brains.

Traditionally we don't like blocks ,our tastes is more in line with spheres

but seriously why restrict yourself with joining blocks , problem with west are not permanent it's always good to have other options as well

but seriously why restrict yourself with joining blocks , problem with west are not permanent it's always good to have other options as well
I support the idea of a %100 independent state too.. but this is not it. Every nation has their good times and bad times, if you lack friends to depend on, good times eventually pass and you find yourself in a difficult place. This is the ultimate reason why Ottoman Empire collapsed, because they were alone in Europe. This is the message Iran sends to the world every day with hopeless measures such as Qarrar and Qaher, it says "I am alone"...

Turkey was a potential ally, you screwed it up with your imperial ambitions that will never come true. Now there's Pakistan and China, don't screw up!

I support the idea of a %100 independent state too.. but this is not it. Every nation has their good times and bad times, if you lack friends to depend on, good times eventually pass and you find yourself in a difficult place. This is the ultimate reason why Ottoman Empire collapsed, because they were alone in Europe. This is the message Iran sends to the world every day with hopeless measures such as Qarrar and Qaher, it says "I am alone"...

Turkey was a potential ally, you screwed it up with your imperial ambitions that will never come true. Now there's Pakistan and China, don't screw up!

Dude, seriously, you do not know what the f.k you are talking about. Iran isnt ''screwing up'' anything, it has a smart diplomatic apparatus that tries to engage all countries in the world except the zionist entity. What is so hard to understand ? Last time i checked Irans relations were pretty good with its neighbours : Pakistan,Iraq,Afghanistan,Armenia,UAE,Oman,Kuwait,Syria etc

Your inclusion of Iranian defensive projects (and you cant even type their names correctly) into the diplomatic aspect shows that you are filled with hatred. You are a sad little man that can not handle the truth, the hatred is embedded in your soul, it is embedded in your writing style and you expose yourself very quickly. Do us a favour and shut that toilet that you call mouth, no one wants your opinion on important political matters

What a heap of nonsense. Iran is not alone. The security council is totally divided on Iran's nuclear issue with Russia and China backing it. Moreover, diplomatically, Iran is not either isolated. It is warming relations in South America and has the chair of the NAM (non-alligned movement) which comprises of 2/3 countries. All of them who have no issues with Iran.

And we dont need Turkey as an ally. You make it sound as if Turkey is this superpower and somehow a friend which can "protect" Iran of all evils. Get over yourself. Turkey is a NATO member state, and we couldnt care less about you.
Btw it is Turkey which is more and more making matters worse for themselves with hosting foreign terrorists in their own coutnry, in order to topple a sovereign government of a neghbour. Talk about irrational. As they say, Turkey is going from zero problems to zero friends in the region. So dont talk about Iran.

HUH !!! hopeless measures !? :rolleyes:

enjoy your F@Ked Up down graded fat @$$ F-35 :lol:

Lol, I like that play on words.

I hope Iran doesn't start picking up fights with Turkey...

Lol, I like that play on words.

I hope Iran doesn't start picking up fights with Turkey...

Who the **** is Turkey for us to pick fights with it?

Iranians don't even think about Turkey. In all honesty, we think about arab countries more than Turkey.

Where did your comment even come from? Why the fuu would we pick a fight with someone? Turkey specifically?

I respect that a lot. :tup: We also avoided joining blocs and preferred to go our own way.

Who the **** is Turkey for us to pick fights with it?

Iranians don't even think about Turkey. In all honesty, we think about arab countries more than Turkey.

Where did your comment even come from? Why the fuu would we pick a fight with someone? Turkey specifically?

Exactly ! Why Turkey ???

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom