What's new

China Faces Human Rights Scrutiny As UN Review Approaches

RT, Snowden - it seems to me Russian "soft power" is doing all right!

Are you that lacking in reading comprehension? The poll was started by Gallup back in 2007 and until now, it is estimated that 150 million people WOULD permanently move to the US. Do you understand the meaning of 'would'? I will help you...

- (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation.

I will clarify further. The word 'would' mean that if given the chance, no matter how that chance came to them, an estimated 150 million people from various countries around the world WILL uproot themselves and move to the US. But since they have no chance, they will just get by with wherever they are at. And of that 150 millions, an estimated 22 millions are from China. You do know that Chinese are usually from China, right? :lol:
I must admit I did not read the poll you provided. I just take it at face value.

Now that I have it read it, it seem that it is even more insignificant that I first thought.

So there are 22 million POTENTIAL immigrant from China that said they would immigrant to US in a 2007 survey.

And I search the web and come up with this,

Migration Information Source - Chinese Immigrants in the United States

It said and I quote:
"There were about 1.6 million foreign born from China residing in the United States in 2006.
The 1,551,316 Chinese immigrants in 2006 (including Hong Kong but not Taiwan) was 5.2 times higher than the 286,120 Chinese foreign born counted in the 1980 decennial census. "

BIG DEAL.

I must admit I did not read the poll you provided. I just take it at face value.

Now that I have it read it, it seem that it is even more insignificant that I first thought.

So there are 22 million POTENTIAL immigrant from China that said they would immigrant to US in a 2007 survey.

And I search the web and come up with this,

Migration Information Source - Chinese Immigrants in the United States

It said and I quote:
"There were about 1.6 million foreign born from China residing in the United States in 2006.
The 1,551,316 Chinese immigrants in 2006 (including Hong Kong but not Taiwan) was 5.2 times higher than the 286,120 Chinese foreign born counted in the 1980 decennial census. "

BIG DEAL.
You can toss that off as insignificant if you want. Kinda hard to say the same for China or Malaysia, ya think? :lol:

You have no choice but to downplay that figure. You have no choice but to ignore the moral implication of it. When people were asked that if given the chance, would they go to the US or to China. Try asking that of a few Malays, especially the Christians.

You can toss that off as insignificant if you want. Kinda hard to say the same for China or Malaysia, ya think? :lol:

You have no choice but to downplay that figure. You have no choice but to ignore the moral implication of it. When people were asked that if given the chance, would they go to the US or to China. Try asking that of a few Malays, especially the Christians.
The no. of Chinese that actually immigrate to US from 1980 to 2006(26 years) is 1.6 million. That is insignificant.
Your supporting evidence is BALONEY.

Anyway, I can see you are stubborn and I am not that interesting in meaningless argument, so I would just quit on this issue.

For China, the priority would be on tackling "Unbalanced, uncoordinated and unsustainable development" problem, the west can continue to focus on individual and whine as much as they like, we have more important thing to do.

Says UN led by the USA who support the beheaders in Syria

If i remind well China have no links with Al Qaeda

Back
Top Bottom