What's new

China executes Pakistani man on drugs charges

‘Falsely implicated’ in China, mother seeks help from Pak govt

By Obaid Abbasi

ISLAMABAD:

Family of Pakistani national, who has been issued a death sentence in China and is currently behind the bars over there, has sought assistance from the local government for his release.

Syed Zahid Hussain from Haripur district is facing imprisonment in China for the last three years for his alleged involvement in a drug-case and Shanghai Supreme Court has announced to award him death sentence on September 21.

The Chinese authorities informed the family members to meet him for the last time on September 14 before his death sentence and they have no option but to seek help from Pakistani government.

Talking to The Express Tribune Raffia Bibi, mother of Hussain, said that her son had a business of import and export of jewellery. For the last 14 years he used to visit places like China, Korea and Thailand for his business.

She informed that on December 28, 2008 his son went to China for business purpose where his business partners were already there, including Peter, a Nigerian national. She claimed that his son wanted to separate them from his business and when their business partners came to know they decided to implicate him in a drug case.

“I was shocked to know in 2008 that the Chinese police had arrested my son in connection with a drug case,” said her mother, with tears rolling down from her eyes.

She said that his business partners, especially Peter, made a plan in connivance with other fellows and wrongly implicated Shah in the case.

“Not a single pack of hashish was recovered from his custody when police raided his room in the Shahghai hotel, even then they had charged him which is unjust.”

She said the Chinese authorities have told her that if the President of Pakistan asked them, Shah’s punishment could be reversed.

“I have sent several applications to the Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and President Asif Ali Zardari but no action has been taken to address this matter from their side.

Express Tribune is a Pakistani newspaper

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...licated-china-mother-seeks-help-pak-govt.html

dont do drugs in China, simple as that, Pakistani or whatever, if he got a fair trial and fair sentence, he deserved it.

dont do drugs in China, simple as that, Pakistani or whatever, if he got a fair trial and fair sentence, he deserved it.

The family is saying that he was innocent and no drugs were found from his apartment. Does that translate into a fair trial for you ?

The family is saying that he was innocent and no drugs were found from his apartment. Does that translate into a fair trial for you ?

If he was my family member - I would say anything to save him.

‘Falsely implicated’ in China, mother seeks help from Pak govt

By Obaid Abbasi

ISLAMABAD:

Family of Pakistani national, who has been issued a death sentence in China and is currently behind the bars over there, has sought assistance from the local government for his release.

Syed Zahid Hussain from Haripur district is facing imprisonment in China for the last three years for his alleged involvement in a drug-case and Shanghai Supreme Court has announced to award him death sentence on September 21.

The Chinese authorities informed the family members to meet him for the last time on September 14 before his death sentence and they have no option but to seek help from Pakistani government.

Talking to The Express Tribune Raffia Bibi, mother of Hussain, said that her son had a business of import and export of jewellery. For the last 14 years he used to visit places like China, Korea and Thailand for his business.

She informed that on December 28, 2008 his son went to China for business purpose where his business partners were already there, including Peter, a Nigerian national. She claimed that his son wanted to separate them from his business and when their business partners came to know they decided to implicate him in a drug case.

“I was shocked to know in 2008 that the Chinese police had arrested my son in connection with a drug case,” said her mother, with tears rolling down from her eyes.

She said that his business partners, especially Peter, made a plan in connivance with other fellows and wrongly implicated Shah in the case.

“Not a single pack of hashish was recovered from his custody when police raided his room in the Shahghai hotel, even then they had charged him which is unjust.”

She said the Chinese authorities have told her that if the President of Pakistan asked them, Shah’s punishment could be reversed.

“I have sent several applications to the Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and President Asif Ali Zardari but no action has been taken to address this matter from their side.

Express Tribune is a Pakistani newspaper

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...licated-china-mother-seeks-help-pak-govt.html

This is why our leaders suck. Even though he was found guilty he might have been innocent, and there is no greater crime against humanity than to put an innocent man to death. If Pakistan's government reached out to their Chinese counterparts, perhaps he could have gotten a reduced punishment.

If he was my family member - I would say anything to save him.

Saying lies does not serve them any purpose after he has already been executed. However, I feel that imprisonment upto 15 years would have been a fairer judgement if he was indeed guilty for possession of a soft drug like Hashish.

ab indians ko pakistan ki takleef shuru ho gai tuba hai bhi munafqat ki . you guys have so much mercy because of he executed in china? or a failed attempt to make china pakistan bashing here? why the hell you forget pakistani's indians beheading in gulf ? why you guys never rise your so sweet concern when pakistan him self execute its citizens? just keep with you crocodile tears .:lol:

if he was innocent , then it is sad, but if he was guilty, then justice is served. I would do lies for my family member as well you know. But who knows the true story?

ab indians ko pakistan ki takleef shuru ho gai tuba hai bhi munafqat ki . you guys have so much mercy because of he executed in china? or a failed attempt to make china pakistan bashing here? why the hell you forget pakistani's indians beheading in gulf ? why you guys never rise your so sweet concern when pakistan him self execute its citizens? just keep with you crocodile tears .:lol:

I dont think you would think the same way if you had a broader perspective.

Dont get me started about the gulf.

I just came to know thru family friends who happens to live in the same street & grew up with this guy... as per them he got involved in this drugs business at a young age ... may his soul rest in peace...

since when does the words of a criminals mother trump the law of the land? we do not know enough about this case to say that he is indeed innocent or not.

Why are our pakistani brothers not protesting against that execution imagine their reaction if he would have been executed in india

Why are our pakistani brothers not protesting against that execution imagine their reaction if he would have been executed in india

The answer is pretty obvious.

China and Pakistan are allies. Whereas India can be better described as an enemy.

Do you treat your friends and your enemies the same?

Back
Top Bottom