What's new

China executes Pakistani man on drugs charges

RockyX

Reaction score
China executes Pakistani man on drugs charges

21 September 2011 Last updated at 13:06 GMT

_55480662_110919181043_zahid226x283-1.jpg

Mr Shah's supporters say he was framed for a crime he did not commit.

China has executed a Pakistani man, Zahid Husain Shah, despite last-ditch appeals for clemency, his family says.

Mr Shah, 35, was arrested in 2008 and was convicted last year of drug smuggling.

He was put to death by lethal injection in Shanghai on Wednesday morning.

Human rights groups had called on Beijing to stop the execution and urged Islamabad to take up appeals on his behalf. There was no comment from either government.

Relatives were allowed one last meeting with Mr Husain at Shanghai Detention Centre on Wednesday morning.

His cousin, Tasneem Fatima, told the BBC the family expects to travel back to Pakistan later this week, once his body has been returned to them.

The last thing he told her was that he was innocent, she said.

Four other Pakistanis arrested with Mr Shah were sentenced to life imprisonment.

According to Mr Husain's relatives, he was framed for a crime he did not commit.

"Executing someone for drug-related offences violates internationally accepted standards for imposing the death penalty," said Sam Zarifi, Amnesty International's Asia-Pacific director.

The human rights group argues that no-one sentenced to death receives a fair trial in China, where thousands of executions for drug trafficking take place every year, more than the rest of the world combined.

BBC News - China executes Pakistani man on drugs charges

Was this the mentally ill person? i read somewhere he was not fit to face trial let alone being executed

Was this the mentally ill person? i read somewhere he was not fit to face trial let alone being executed

Yes is was that same person.

and congratulations, that's 10% growth China for you. ;)

Yes is was that same person.

and congratulations, that's 10% growth China for you. ;)

china is dead serious on drugs and thats a good thing. Smuggle drugs get executed, very simple

if ur mentally ill do not go to china, if ur family and/or friends are mentally ill do not let them go into china

ps. not arguing whether or not this man was frame but on the topic of smuggling drugs = execution

Its necessary to adopt strict measures like capital punishment for drug related offences . However if there were mitigating circumstances i.e the mental illness , the man should have been shown clemency eg. life imprisonment.
Perhaps the authorities thought it would set a bad precedent.

The guy was given a fair trial, he was found guilty and received the same sentence a Chinese person would - if he was found guilty of that offence, may God have mercy on his soul, and may it act as a deterrent for anyone else attempting this. The Chinese don't mess around, like our Judicial system.

chinese law is enforced on china not inetnational law.drugs are the corruptor of a society and the punishment is not severe.chinese law is respected and he was a british national of pakistani origion that dosent make him pakistani

china is dead serious on drugs and thats a good thing. Smuggle drugs get executed, very simple

if ur mentally ill do not go to china, if ur family and/or friends are mentally ill do not let them go into china

ps. not arguing whether or not this man was frame but on the topic of smuggling drugs = execution

I have already posted thread of this pakistani youth's mother.:cry::cry:

She have said that he was innocent as chinese police have not recoved even a single gram of drugs from him.
:cry:

So why china have executed a innocent pakistani, just to give a message.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

chinese law is enforced on china not inetnational law.drugs are the corruptor of a society and the punishment is not severe.chinese law is respected and he was a british national of pakistani origion that dosent make him pakistani

Even WebMaster and Asim Aqil are living in America and UAE aren't they Pakistani??????????

He holds the British passport so he is an English.Besides China has an extremly restricted law

anti the drug.The person who took over 50g drug will be excuted without doubt.He's not the

first nor the last foreigners that been excuted for the drug dealling in China.In 2009 China

excuted 3 Japanese,in 2010 around 6 Philipinoes were excuted for the drug.The only thing I

want to commet here is:For the pepole who wants to do their drug buisness,China is the worst

place on the planet.Don't risk your life for such an adventure in China.Here is the report that excuting three Japanese drug smugglers.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90882/6945572.html

He holds the British passport so he is an English.Besides China has an extremly restricted law anti the drug.The person who took over 50g drug will be excuted without doubt.He's not the first nor the last foreigners that been excuted for the drug dealling in China.In 2009 China excuted 3 Japanese,in 2010 around 6 Philipinoes were excuted for the drug.The only thing I want to commet here is:For the pepole who wants to do their drug buisness,China is the worst place on the planet.Don't risk your life for such an adventure in China.

Like I said, don't smuggle drugs to China - and then don't get executed, the Chinese don't mess about. Thanks for the clarification CM bro.

I think its irrelavant what passport he held. He commited a serious crime, was trialed fairly and got the verdict that was set for that crime. Moral is dont smuggle drugs or suffer the consequences

Back
Top Bottom