What's new

China Economy Forum

@Nihonjin1051

One of the best food from my region

Sate Padang, this one is spicy

2322833663_28c9613877.jpg

Former President ( Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono) with his wife, eating sate Padang

images

I haven't tried Indonesian food yet but it looks good. Is the food generally spicy ?

Vietnamese, Chinese youths wrap up annual exchange

By Phan Hau - Thanh Nien News -Wednesday, April 15, 2015 15:49

13febe_jfif.jpg

The Vietnamese delegation visited a museum dedicated to President Ho Chi Minh in Guangxi.

12nhgd_rahn.jpg

Chinese youths waved Vietnamese flags to welcome the Vietnamese delegation in Guangxi.

8gfef_gfhj.jpg

A group of Chinese students at the Guangxi University sang a Vietnamese song.

1vrog_hjlq.jpg

2ddyb_nqdr.jpg

Vietnamese and Chinese youths joined the tug-of-war game at a youth center in Shaanxi Province.

14tliv_NXJY.jpg

Vietnamese and Chinese youths sang a song in the closing ceremony of the program.

10mych_mobk.jpg

Chinese student hugs the Vietnamese delegation before leaving

11kwlj_xxio.jpg

Tran Xuan Phong (R), a Vietnamese youth, enjoyed his homestay in a Chinese family in Guangxi Province.

The 10-day program started on April 5 and took place in Beijing and some cities of Shaanxi and Guangxi provinces.

A Vietnamese 98-strong delegation got back to the country Tuesday after attending the 15th annual Vietnam-China Youth Meeting in China.

The program started on April 5 and took place in Beijing and some cities of Shaanxi and Guangxi provinces.

During the 10-day event, Vietnamese youths met with Chinese students in universities and research centers, took part in classroom trainings on China’s traditional culture and had dinner with local people.

They also visited a museum dedicated to President Ho Chi Minh in Longzhou township of Guangxi Province.
Vietnamese, Chinese youths wrap up annual exchange | Education/Youth | Thanh Nien Daily http://static.thanhniennews.com/uploaded/thuyhang/2015_04_15/tq/12nhgd_rahn.jpg?width=300

Last edited:
Some of the dishes you showed in the Manado cuisines look very similar to some cuisines in Mindanao. ;)

No wonder there.. North Sulawesi province (which Manado is the capital) has a direct border with Mindanao. Even Manado accent is a little bit sounds like Tagalog. ;)

In the past, people of northern Indonesia and southern Philippine are one family before western colonialists divided them.

Nowadays not many artist from Manado in Indonesia, I dont know why.......?

But some still there like this one

Angel Karamoy

View attachment 215211View attachment 215212

If you count only those that hailed from Manado then it's just a few of them but if you include all those that have Manado blood (Jakarta/Java born) having career in our entertainment industry today then there are still many of them.

And Yes... Manado is known for beauties. 8-)

Last edited:
No wonder there.. North Sulawesi province (which Manado is the capital) has a direct border with Mindanao. Even Manado accent is a little bit sounds like Tagalog. ;)

In the past, people of northern Indonesia and southern Philippine are one family before western colonialists divided them.

If you count only those that hailed from Manado then it's just a few of them but if you include all those that have Manado blood (Jakarta/Java born) having career in our entertainment industry today then there are still many of them.

Anyone here speaks Minahasan Manado dialect? I've an interest now to study this dialect and to know if it's similar to Maranao dialect of Southern Mindanao. Another dialect that may be similar to manado is Visaya, which is spoken by people in central and southern Philippines.

Anyone here speaks Manado dialect? I've an interest now to study this dialect and to know if it's similar to Maranao dialect of Southern Mindanao. Another dialect that may be similar to manado is Visaya, which is spoken by people in central and southern Philippines.

Manado today use a dialect of Malay which evolved from Ternate Malay. North Sulawesi was under the sphere of Sultanate of Ternate.

I agree with you and @Indos , the people from Sulawesi are beautiful! Perhaps the reason for this is the crossroads of cultures. I would not be surprised if the native people from Makassar, traders from Java, Bugis people, Japanese merchants , Chinese merchants, Arab and Indian traders and Maranao people from Mindanao interacted and left their imprint here. To be honest, it is hard for me to differentiate Filipinos and Indonesians, they are , in my opinion, the same race and greater ethnic group. The richness of the dialects, customs, is one of the most diverse yet alluring in all of Southeast and East Asia.

Anyways, here is a native Minahasan dance.

Gorgeous!!

image.jpg

Manado today use a dialect of Malay which evolved from Ternate Malay. North Sulawesi was under the sphere of Sultanate of Ternate.

Very interesting! The Malays traversed that far eh? From Johor to Sulawesi?

I agree with you and @Indos , the people from Sulawesi are beautiful! Perhaps the reason for this is the crossroads of cultures. I would not be surprised if the native people from Makassar, traders from Java, Bugis people, Japanese merchants , Chinese merchants, Arab and Indian traders and Maranao people from Mindanao interacted and left their imprint here. To be honest, it is hard for me to differentiate Filipinos and Indonesians, they are , in my opinion, the same race and greater ethnic group. The richness of the dialects, customs, is one of the most diverse yet alluring in all of Southeast and East Asia.

You're not the only one to think so.. My friends who traveled abroad were often mistakenly being called as Filipinos. :)

Anyways, here is a native Minahasan dance.

Gorgeous!!

View attachment 215228

Actually.. By their dress, they're from South Sulawesi. Minahasa is in north Sulawesi. :)

Very interesting! The Malays traversed that far eh? From Johor to Sulawesi?

Malays don't come from Johor btw. Their home land is in Sumatera. Malay language first spread through the expansion of Srivijaya. People in the eastern part of the archipelago has speak in Malay before Johor is founded. The second oldest surviving Malay document in the world is from Ternate Sultanate in Maluku, The oldest is from Jambi, Sumatera.

Malay has been the lingua franca in our archipelago for many centuries which is why our founding fathers chose Malay to form Bahasa Indonesia as our unitary language.

Last edited:
You're not the only one to think so.. My friends who traveled abroad were often mistakenly being called as Filipinos. :)

Actually.. By their dress, they're from South Sulawesi. Minahasa is in north Sulawesi. :)

Malays don't come from Johor btw. Their home land is in Sumatera. Malay language spread through the expansion of Srivijaya. People in Maluku has speak in Malay before Johor is founded. The second oldest surviving Malay document in the world is from Ternate Sultanate in Maluku, The oldest is from Jambi, Sumatera.

Malay has been the lingua franca in our archipelago for many centuries which is why our founding fathers chose Malay to form Bahasa Indonesia as our unitary language.

Very very interesting ! I did not know that Malays originally came from Sumatra, so Malay language is very similar to Minangkabau dialect as well? And very interesting about the formation of Bahasa Indonesia; that was one thing i noticed how similar Bahasa Indonesia is with Bahasa Malay. In regards to the movement of Malays from Sumatra to the Malay peninsula; it shows us how close and interrelated the people of the Malay Archipelago really are.

@katarabhumi ,

This is a picture of Maranao women of Southern Mindanao, specifically from Lanao Del Sur and Lanao Del Norte Provinces. Notice how very similar it is to the Sulawesi regalia.

maranao-4-728.jpg

flip3.jpg

dsc0286.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, more interactions, dialogs, no wars!

On a side note, the 3rd picture on the provided link is amazing. The kid has serious jumping ability:woot:

3bzbx_zssw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom