What's new

China Economy Forum

Which teams are your favorite team?

Well outside of my Eagles, I usually don't root for any specific team, more for individual players. Like Peyton Manning for example, I'd like to see him win today. Mainly just hope for good quality games.

Well outside of my Eagles, I usually don't root for any specific team, more for individual players. Like Peyton Manning for example, I'd like to see him win today. Mainly just hope for good quality games.

I see. I'm a big fan of football as well. Though there is one team I really don't like now, that is the 49ers. But besides that, there are no teams I really don't like.

We should start making our own LV, Hermes, Zegna, Patek Philippe....It's a long way to go, but it's possible: Vera Wang, Shanghai Tang , Jimmy Choo...

Yeah but those Vera Wang (Chinese-USA), Shanghai Tang (HK Chinese-brit), Jimmy Choo (Chinese Malay)

We are building our brands in apparels and accessories:

Here are some of of designers / productions

Fashion designers list

中国优秀服装设计师名录_百度文库

Bo Yao 薄涛

photo_2784363.jpg

photo_2784359.jpg

photo_2784358.jpg

Ji Wenbo 计文波

201306250958141957.jpg

Credit:info.cloth.hc360.com

lij_kaimushi03.jpg

credit: efu.com.cn

MAIN201306251504000017716487139.jpg

Credit: people.com.cn

Liu Yong 刘勇

zhyd_13.jpg

201011021115471071.jpg

201011021115068852.jpg

201011021115086907.jpg

Above credit: info.cloth.hc360.com or stated

Furniture
http://dod.furniture-china.cn/Home/tabid/5487/language/zh-CN/Default.aspx

Last edited:
Yeah but those Vera Wang (Chinese-USA), Shanghai Tang (HK Chinese-brit), Jimmy Choo (Chinese Malay)

We are building our brands in apparels and accessories:

Here are some of of designers / productions

Fashion designers list

中国优秀服装设计师名录_百度文库

Bo Yao 薄涛

photo_2784363.jpg

photo_2784359.jpg

photo_2784358.jpg

Ji Wenbo 计文波

201306250958141957.jpg

Credit:info.cloth.hc360.com

lij_kaimushi03.jpg

credit: efu.com.cn

MAIN201306251504000017716487139.jpg

Credit: people.com.cn

Furniture
http://dod.furniture-china.cn/Home/tabid/5487/language/zh-CN/Default.aspx

Yes, these overseas-chinese had made it in the high fashion designer goods industry, every reason to believe mainland designers can too. Can't stem the frivolous spending on luxury goods, at least get a share of the pie.

Yes, these overseas-chinese had made it in the high fashion designer goods industry, every reason to believe mainland designers can too. Can't stem the frivolous spending on luxury goods, at least get a share of the pie.

yeah totally agree Bro!
It takes time and we can build the brands in high fashion etc
As a matter of fact, many brands are made in China, esp those associated with pop culture!

yeah totally agree Bro!
It takes time and we can build the brands in high fashion etc
As a matter of fact, many brands are made in China, esp those associated with pop culture!

Yes, even Lining has done quite well.

Homegrown liquor is unique, there's huge potential. Moutai, Wu Liang Ye and ShuiJingFang should go international.

Those are white liquor and they're very strong
The building up of the liquor brands will take a fair bit of time I think
Right now the alcoholic drink which has an international prominence is TsingTao Beer

484226619_456.jpg

credit: alibaba

Changyu Red wine is gaining reputation too

Credit: chasingthewine.com
And we have won this prestigious honour:
Chinese wine wins top honour at Decanter World Wine Awards | decanter.com

Winery He Lan Qing Xue’s Jia Bei Lan 2009 Cabernet blend has won the Red Bordeaux Varietal Over £10 International Trophy.

But baijiu is unique. It's our equivalent of French Cognac and Scotch whisky. It can be marketed as a premium liquor brand internationally.

But baijiu is unique. It's our equivalent of French Cognac and Scotch whisky. It's can be marketed as a premium liquor brand internationally.

Yes they are indeed all Chinese-brewed and -made, every drop of them!
They are very very expensive too costing thousands of dolloars a bottle for the aged products.
But what I see is drinking is something very indigenous. It takes time to switch to a foreign taste

Yes they are indeed all Chinese-brewed and -made, every drop of them!
They are very very expensive too costing thousands of dolloars a bottle for the aged products.
But what I see is drinking is something very indigenous. It takes time to switch to a foreign taste

If something as tasteless and cheaply made as Vodka can sell, why not baijiu. I believe a lot to do with marketing and perception. Entry level ones for a start. Just a thought.

If something as tasteless and cheaply made as Vodka can sell, why not baijiu. I believe a lot to do with marketing and perception. Entry level ones for a start. Just a thought.

I guess the muslim mod (s) are not too happy with us discussing liquor
My post was deleted
So allow me to sign off from this discussion on alcoholic drinks here Bro!

I don't know why ma last post about high fashion got deleted.

Many people mistake expensive prêt-à-porter (ready to wear) fashion with high fashion (haute couture) but the difference is huge. Right now there are only about 20 fashion houses who are allowed to label themselves as grand couturier or haut couturier. Each piece of garment is hand crafted, custom-fitted and unique. A robe may cost from 10k to 20k Euro.

In France, the name Haute Couture is protected by law and must be granted by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture.

I don't know why ma last post about high fashion got deleted.

Many people mistake expensive prêt-à-porter (ready to wear) fashion with high fashion (haute couture) but the difference is huge. Right now there are only about 20 fashion houses who are allowed to label themselves as grand couturier or haut couturier. Each piece of garment is hand crafted, custom-fitted and unique. A robe may cost from 10k to 20k Euro.

In France, the name Haute Couture is protected by law and must be granted by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture.

Count me as one, I didn't know there's a difference between the two. I thought most high fashion would have a read-to-ready line and hand crafted ones, such as Zegna suits.

Last edited:
Count me in, I didn't know there's a difference between the two. I thought most high fashion would have a read-to-ready line and hand crafted ones, such as Zegna suits.

Haute couture is only for ladies wear. Men don't have high fashion. :(

Of course, most, if not all haute couture houses have a ready to wear line since that's where they make the most money with beside accessories and perfume (very lucrative).

As of this year, there are about 21 haute couture houses left because the criteria to be accepted as a haute couture is insanely expensive.

These are the French criteria:
  • Design made-to-order for private clients, with one or more fittings.
  • Have a workshop (atelier) in Paris that employs at least fifteen staff members full-time.
  • Must have twenty, full-time technical people in at least one workshop (atelier).
  • Every season, present a collection of at least fifty original designs to the public, both day and evening garments, in January and July of each year.
Oh, the garments are not allowed to be sewn with the sewing machine, sergers/ interlockers but stitched together by hand from start to finish. :)

Haute couture is only for ladies wear. Men don't have high fashion. :(

Of course, most, if not all haute couture houses have a ready to wear line since that's where they make the most money with beside accessories and perfume (very lucrative).

As of this year, there are about 21 haute couture houses left because the criteria to be accepted as a haute couture is insanely expensive.

These are the French criteria:
  • Design made-to-order for private clients, with one or more fittings.
  • Have a workshop (atelier) in Paris that employs at least fifteen staff members full-time.
  • Must have twenty, full-time technical people in at least one workshop (atelier).
  • Every season, present a collection of at least fifty original designs to the public, both day and evening garments, in January and July of each year.
Oh, the garments are not allowed to be sewn with the sewing machine, sergers/ interlockers but stitched together by hand from start to finish. :)

Some Zegna or Armani clothes are custom made only, whatever the fancy categorization.

The French are trying too hard for the sake of exclusivity

Some Zegna or Armani clothes are custom made only, whatever the fancy categorization.

The French are trying too hard for the sake of exclusivity
It's not just for exclusivity, everyone is different, just because a suit "fits" doesn't mean it's perfect.

Arm length, and stomach as well as a lot of other body part all play a role. A Bespoke suit is just that, fitted. If you change positions, it still fits, because it's like you skin sort of.

A professional definitely need it.

Ready to wear works better on sporty or leisure clothing.

I'm not a tailor so can't explain the details.

Back
Top Bottom