What's new

China Economy Forum

I heard that 90% or so of Tibet is filled with ethnic Tibetans.

I'm surprised that China has not decided to make it easy for Han to immigrate there.

Except for Tibetan, nobody really wants to live in Tibet, especially back in the past when there is no basic livelihood facilities such as hospital, school and transportation (and the harsh environment of course).

Back in the Qing Dynasty and the ROC, there were officers from the mainland were sent to Tibet for official duties. Many of them made a lot of excuses to stay in Qinghai (a province near Tibet) rather than get themselves into Tibet.

In order to root the power into Tibet deeply, The CCP has sent uncountable people to Tibet by the power of the "Spirit Bomb" - you know, the fanaticism of loyalty to the Party and communism. No matter how harsh the place was, they were still willing to work in there such as building facilities and teaching.

Except for Tibetan, nobody really wants to live in Tibet, especially back in the past when there is no basic livelihood facilities such as hospital, school and transportation (and the harsh environment of course).

Back in the Qing Dynasty and the ROC, there were officers from the mainland were sent to Tibet for official duties. Many of them made a lot of excuses to stay in Qinghai (a province near Tibet) rather than get themselves into Tibet.

In order to root the power into Tibet deeply, The CCP has sent uncountable people to Tibet by the power of the "Spirit Bomb" - you know, the fanaticism of loyalty to the Party and communism. No matter how harsh the place was, they were still willing to work in there such as building facilities and teaching.

Interesting, I would have thought out of a population of 1.4 billion you could find a couple million who would radically change the demographics in such a sparsely populated province.

The bigger and stronger we get, the more hatred we get :D

There was a time when I used to get angry about the hatred towards us but I realised the fact that others hate us shows we are succeeding. The more hate, the more successful we have become.

Now I love the hatred, I love taunting the haters knowing they are utterly powerless to stop the rise of China.

Let the hate flow, ooze it out boys :rofl:
I love it :D

I'll tell ya what, it feels damn good to be big and powerful. Wouldn't have it any other way!

That's right, we simply love to get hated by the haters. :woot:

Can't wait till the trollfest commences.
I'm ready to rumble :D
LOL ...since you ask for (normally I don´t comment on China economy thread). Well, nearly half of China´s GDP is made up by capital and other investments, I wonder how sustainable is your growth?

You are increasing further production capacities of everything, from coal to steal, more than China can consume, even more than the world can swallow. Correct me if I am wrong.

LOL ...since you ask for (normally I don´t comment on China economy thread). Well, nearly half of China´s GDP is made up by capital and other investments, I wonder how sustainable is your growth?

You are increasing further production capacities of everything, from coal to steal, more than China can consume, even more than the world can swallow. Correct me if I am wrong.

That troll already got debunked for saying 60% of China's GDP was made by USA, now you wanna try this again?

Capital is the raw material of an economy. Investment is how you build up your economy through building infrastructure and factories to produce goods. In order to build factories you need capital. Once you have built up your industrial base and established your manufacturing base, then you can start consuming the goods you produce so you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

It's like making a cake. You first need the ingredients and the equipment, then you mix it up and produce the cake, then you can start consuming the cake.

Learn some economics mate, if you don't understand the basic economics, don't reply with stupid comments.

China and Chinese companies also has to consider the stringent provision for any mishap. Studying how much money US milked from Shell for gulf of Mexico accident would be helpful.

China and Chinese companies also has to consider the stringent provision for any mishap. Studying how much money US milked from Shell for gulf of Mexico accident would be helpful.

I'm sure Chinese companies can afford any consequences of mishaps in nuclear energy in the UK.

Interesting, I would have thought out of a population of 1.4 billion you could find a couple million who would radically change the demographics in such a sparsely populated province.

Well, Tibet, before PRC comes in, is essentially a middle age theocracy, with medieval living condition and medieval structure. On top of that, it also have a sea elevation of 4000+ meters. Vast majority of human beings would have trouble breathing at that elevation. Heck, in many places you can't even boil eggs properly without a pressure cooker. Basically, it is really not a top choice for place to live when you have access to rest part of China. Understandably vast majority of the people prefer east side of China where the living conditions are much better. In fact, about half of the entire Tibetan population lives on east side of China rather than staying Tibet.

They have a program called "aiding Tibet". Basically, it involves sending experienced civil servants to Tibet to improve the living condition there. CCP members are expected to volunteer themselves before non-CCP members because they are expected to make personal sacrifices for the country.

Destro...agreed to the first part. But I am afraid you haven´t answered my question as You only talked of the suply side.

I questioned the demand side. Sure, you can build up production capacity by increasing investments, pushing the country growth rate, but will you find enough customers for your products? For instance, you have overcapacity in solar cells forcing you to downsize and factory closure.

Other example, let take Vietnam:

we plan to invest $45bn in oil refineries over the course of 7 years, producing an output of 1,420,000 barrels a day. Since our domestic consumption is about 400,000 barrels a day, we will need to export the rest. So the question is: will we find enough overseas customers for our refined oil products? will China buy 1,000,000 barrels a day from Vietnam?

you see there is a challenge to find market for your products.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304520704579128772982811730

I wonder what is the real reason behind the China-Tibet conflict. And here, I read this article

China - Tibet: What is the real reason for the conflict

Conflict between a major ethnicity and representative of a major religion, is it?
It is generally accepted that the Tibet conflict may superficially appear to have been resulted from issues relating to ethnicity and religion, especially when these two elements in this case are quite eminent. First, as can be observed throughout its history, China has an intrinsic tendency to treat minor ethnicities and even surrounding countries with a dominating manner, if not to conquer them. As in the conflict at hand, while the native inhabitants of the Tibetan Plateau are Tibetans, a minor ethnicity that has just been recognized internationally recently due to the escalated conflict, the primary ethnicity of China is Han Chinese, which also constitute mostly the Chinese government, who certainly wants to maintain the mentioned inherent tendency that has history of thousands of years. Second, Tibetan Buddhism has been experiencing massive religious movements, drawing enormous number of followers all around the world and making it one of the major global religions. Such massive religious movements can be the precursor to massive political movements, which would be an adverse threat to China and its dominating power in the region.

However, although appearing to be sound, these 2 aspects have not been elements in arguments between two sides over the conflict. Rather, the conflict is rooted in the following aspects: History and geography, Chinese concerns over it security and sovereignty; and Chinese Governance in Tibet.

Read whole at
http://www.fnotw.org/Article/Full/5921

Back
Top Bottom