What's new

China Economy Forum

There are broadly two types of Chinese products, one type is the products that are made in China by some reputed brand of other countries, these are generally better products as they follow strict quality control of reputed foreign brands. Though I am uneasy with made in China products of reputed brands also, especially after seeing what happened to brands like Nestle.

The major problem is with the non-branded or Chinese branded products, these products are dangerous, one can buy home decor items, but toys & baby products, food, cosmetics, electrical equipments etc. should be strictly avoided. In any case, China hardly has any reputed brand to offer.

I like your reply. Reaks of weakness. First you try to hide behind India and secondly, if we take an example from the picture of the article:

0,,15936732_303,00.jpg

Teddy bear toys are not top of the shelf and yet their eyes fall out creating danger of swallowing for little children that play with them.
All in all, i like your poorly constructed excuses, but they don't hold water, even more so, if we take into account these are not new complaints, as we can see here in an article from 2008:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/business/worldbusiness/17iht-safety.4.12109926.html?_r=0

We have to pay more for toys so that our children don't suffocate? How about you learn to sow properly?

And at the end of the day, Chinese market percentage share in EU is three times bigger than it was ten years ago.

And at the end of the day, Chinese market percentage share in EU is three times bigger than it was ten years ago.

I have no problem with that. Who doesn't like to buy cheap stuff made by slave wage workers in sweat shops. The stuff that is faulty gets returned anyway.

I have no problem with that. Who doesn't like to buy cheap stuff made by slave wage workers in sweat shops. The stuff that is faulty gets returned anyway.

could you please also do me a favor by educating me on how EU's satellite navigation system works? I mean surely you guys can build your own and operate it. oh, yes, cheap stuff made by slave wage workers in sweat shops are not capable of building one.

what is the best EU smart phone I can buy? Nokia junk is clearly not somehting I want to burn my money for. Tell me please. Oh, yes, loser nations no longer build smart phones!

could you please also do me a favor by educating me on how EU's satellite navigation system works? I mean surely you guys can build your own and operate it. oh, yes, cheap stuff made by slave wage workers in sweat shops are not capable of building one.

what is the best EU smart phone I can buy? Nokia junk is clearly not somehting I want to burn my money for. Tell me please. Oh, yes, loser nations no longer build smart phones!

:lol:

Verbal diarhea. Thanks for the cheap Nike's i bought last month.

Nike-Sweatshops-05.jpg

It gets better, abusing and selling mentally ill people:

A man in southwest Sichuan Province has been arrested for allegedly selling a dozen laborers, most of whom are mentally ill, to a sweatshop in the northwest Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, a local official said Monday.
According to the report, the workers have allegedly been confined to the factory, toiling for at least three years without being paid or given any protective uniforms or equipment. And authori-ties said the workers were forced to live in shabby conditions, not given showers for years and fed the same food as the boss' dogs.

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-12/14/content_21537165.htm

There's more son. Continue if you wish.

It is you that is mistaken.

Even on high end machinery and products, we are still competitive because we manufacture on such a large scale. We have been exporting machine tools to Germany for over 2 years now, despite Germany makes some of the best machine tools in the world. China has the industrial capacity to produce anything from low end to high end. Like I said, specifications are outlined by the contracting firm, not the Chinese manufacturers. For example, if Nike the cheapest material to maximize profit, is China to blame or is Nike to blame.

Get your logic straight.

Wow your insisting on your illogical point of view and you want others to be logical now i heard everything.

:lol: Verbal diarhea. Thanks for the cheap Nike's i bought last month.

Great Recession in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The euro-zone crisis | The Economist

European Debt Crisis News

Eurozone unemployment remains stubbornly high - FT.com

European Debt Crisis Fast Facts - CNN.com

European is over, you have no choice. Just accept it

20 Signs That The Next Great Economic Depression Has Already Started In Europe

The next Great Depression is already happening - it just hasn't reached the United States yet. Things in Europe just continue to get worse and worse, and yet most people in the United States still don't get it. All the time I have people ask me when the "economic collapse" is going to happen. Well, for ages I have been warning that the next major wave of the ongoing economic collapse would begin in Europe, and that is exactly what is happening. In fact, both Greece and Spain already have levels of unemployment that are greater than anything the U.S. experienced during the Great Depression of the 1930s. Pay close attention to what is happening over there, because it is coming here too. You see, the truth is that Europe is a lot like the United States. We are both drowning in unprecedented levels of debt, and we both have overleveraged banking systems that resemble a house of cards. The reason why the U.S. does not look like Europe yet is because we have thrown all caution to the wind. The Federal Reserve is printing money as if there is no tomorrow and the U.S. government is savagely destroying the future that our children and our grandchildren were supposed to have by stealing more than 100 million dollars from them every single hour of every single day. We have gone "all in" on kicking the can down the road even though it means destroying the future of America. But the alternative scares the living daylights out of our politicians. When nations such as Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy tried to slow down the rate at which their debts were rising, the results were absolutely devastating. A full-blown economic depression is raging across southern Europe and it is rapidly spreading into northern Europe. Eventually it will spread to the rest of the globe as well.

The following are 20 signs that the next Great Depression has already started in Europe...

#1 The unemployment rate in France has surged to 10.6 percent, and the number of jobless claims in that country recently set a new all-time record.

#2 Unemployment in the eurozone as a whole is sitting at an all-time record of 12 percent.

#3 Two years ago, Portugal's unemployment rate was about 12 percent. Today, it is about 17 percent.

#4 The unemployment rate in Spain has set a new all-time record of 27 percent. Even during the Great Depression of the 1930s the United States never had unemployment that high.

#5 The unemployment rate among those under the age of 25 in Spain is an astounding 57.2 percent.

#6 The unemployment rate in Greece has set a new all-time record of 27.2 percent. Even during the Great Depression of the 1930s the United States never had unemployment that high.

#7 The unemployment rate among those under the age of 25 in Greece is a whopping 59.3 percent.

#8 French car sales in March were 16 percent lower than they were one year earlier.

#9 German car sales in March were 17 percent lower than they were one year earlier.

#10 In the Netherlands, consumer debt is now up to about 250 percent of available income.

#11 Industrial production in Italy has fallen by an astounding 25 percent over the past five years.

#12 The number of Spanish firms filing for bankruptcy is 45 percent higher than it was a year ago.

#13 Since 2007, the value of non-performing loans in Europe has increased by 150 percent.

#14 Bank withdrawals in Cyprus during the month of March were double what they were in February even though the banks were closed for half the month.

#15 Due to an absolutely crippling housing crash, there are approximately 3 million vacant homes in Spain today.

#16 Things have gotten so bad in Spain that entire apartment buildings are being overwhelmed by squatters...

#17 As I wrote about the other day, child hunger has become so rampant in Greece that teachers are reporting that hungry children are begging their classmates for food.

#18 The debt to GDP ratio in Italy is now up to 136 percent.

#19 25 percent of all banking assets in the UK are in banks that are leveraged at least 40 to 1.

@Audio

Europe is facing financial Armageddon. Will it survive?

The continent of Europe is in its worst crisis since World War II—one which threatens to destroy it. Think of headlines describing riots—violence—debt—entitlement cutbacks—banks—and bailouts! Long-established financial institutions are in trouble. Millions are unemployed, with little hope of a job. And millions of jobs are at risk. More and more lives are simply shattering. Extreme social unrest is brewing. Angry, frustrated people are taking to the streets in violent protests against their governments—some of which have already fallen. Others are faltering. Entire nations face bankruptcy. The existence of the European Union hangs in the balance.

Leaders are frantically searching for solutions, but to no avail. Europe is facing financial Armageddon. Will it survive? And how will the crisis ultimately affect the world? Europe will come together! The stage is rapidly being set, with economics the catalyst for what is coming. The Bible has much to say about where this is leading.

Unprecedented Financial Crisis

Everything that occurs on planet Earth is subject to a great unseen law—that of cause and effect. For every cause, there is one or more effects. Most people can see these effects—good or bad—but cannot trace them back to their origin—the cause that produced them. Europe is suffering from a host of effects—mostly BAD! There are causes behind these effects.

This Personal examines the causes—the why—of Europe’s financial problems. Once you understand this, you can know where Europe is going—you can know how conditions, trends and events will end. Europe is on a collision course with PROPHECY! But some background is necessary.

The situation in Europe is nearly apocalyptic, and the stakes have never been higher. Many European nations simply cannot repay their debts, while at the same time their economies are slowing, and tax revenue is decreasing. Worse, it is harder and harder to borrow more money. With giant debt loads hanging over these countries, Europe is running out of options. Analysts now warn of impending bank failures. According to one executive at a major global bank, “If anyone thinks things are getting better then they simply don’t understand how severe the problems are” (Telegraph).

First is the growing distrust between banks, which are withdrawing deposits from one another and placing them with the European Central Bank (ECB). In December 2011, deposits there were at an all-time high of 905 billion euros! And many banks are becoming dependent on funding from their own central banks—so-called taxpayer-funded “zombie banks.”

As of December 2011, there is also a mammoth 115 billion euro capital shortfall in the eurozone’s banking system. Banks have run out of proper forms of collateral needed to finance short-term loans, and are instead digging into their gold reserves—a last ditch emergency option. A collateral crunch lies ahead!

Europe’s financial system is so unstable that few experts any longer believe that the European Union has the funds to address the banks’ problems. Even if the bailout funds were raised to a trillion euros, some warn this would only help Italy and Spain—just two of 27 EU members. What happens when other countries need bailouts?

Europe’s banks are facing a crisis of immense proportions. A collapse of at least one major European bank is more than a possibility, it is imminent. When this happens, Europe’s financial sector will plunge into chaos, because its economies are already teetering on the edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Europe it is good to be lazy and stupid. Government social safety net is great.

Dumb people all over the world, especially wealthy Chinese buy Euro designer bags, purses not knowing they are really paying for worker's 40 hr wages and benefits while really working 30 hrs / week.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Heh, that's what England stated about United States in the late 1800's, and what United State said about Japan in 1960's. The whole "cheap, poor quality copy-cat made with slave labour" thing is the last mental refuge of idiots when their economy is getting overtaken.

Something smells bitter in here.

Heh, that's what England stated about United States in the late 1800's, and what United State said about Japan in 1960's. The whole "cheap, poor quality copy-cat made with slave labour" thing is the last mental refuge of idiots when their economy is getting overtaken.

Something smells bitter in here.

Yea, the untreated air in sweat shops.

@Edison Chen

Yup, that's why Chinese are transferring money to Europe. Because it's dead. :lol:

while the party touts the economic success of the "Chinese model," many of its poster children are heading for the exits.

A survey published in November found that 60% of about 960,000 Chinese people with assets over 10 million yuan ($1.6 million) were either thinking about emigrating or taking steps to do so. The U.S. was the top destination, followed by Canada, Singapore and Europe, according to the survey by the state-run Bank of China and Hurun Report, which analyzes trends among China's wealthy.

As soon as they learn etiquette (you know, no spitting, pooping, picking noses), which your government has sought out to do, they are welcome to settle over here, in dying Europe.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203806504577181461401318988.html

:omghaha:

All that will be left in China will be the poor, the old, the people that run them and you, the chi bots helping the government keep up the illusion that poisoned soil, water and air are no big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL like i'm stupid to be showing my real name and address on a public forum that has, well, some extremists for starters. Seriously, who would do that? There was an Indian, took his full name as handle and put a picture of himself as avatar and people (even Pakistanis) advised him to remove it.

Actually some members in this forum did show their IDs here.

Back
Top Bottom