What's new

China economy boost the Navy, 6th 052C DDG finished next 055

I believe the DBR on Zumwalt will be the SPY-3. What is china's equivalent that will be on the 055?

The Zumwalt could still quadpack ESSMs for anti-ship defense. I think china has a similar system with the quadpack but i forget the designation.

The Type 346A AESA radar for the Type 052D, and it is going to be an upgraded dual band version of that radar for the Type 055.

The CCL VLS is also the same for the Type 052D and the Type 055, but it is going to be 64 for the Type 052D, 112 for the Type 055, or maybe 128 for the Type 055A.

Our versatile CCL VLS is even larger than the coming MK-57, so of course it can have the equivalent of the ESSM.

Is there any possible to build 052Ds in Wuhan? An old news here.
武汉航道将可通行八千吨级船舶(图)_新闻中心_新浪网

I hope these four shipyards to build 052D/055 at the same time though they play different role in the industry! If this come to true that will be amazing.

I don't think they will let the inland cities to build those major surface vessels, so Wuhan will mostly focus on the AIP subs.

About 12,000ton 055 DDG ... i just read news few days ago,we might see 055 building at the beginning of 2015 year only one shipyard to build first. Before 2020, China plan to launch 2x 055 DDGs and more 055 DDGs after 2020.

1. Zumwalts is better than 055 including power system & weapons system, also more expensive. Right now China can't afford Zumwalts price.
2. 055 is the bigger version of 052D, carrying 100+ VLS. 052D 7000ton ==> 055 12,000+ ton

@cnleio, you often make us other Chinese look stupid & not the least informed because you are the only one who knows all the earliest and the most classified news about Chinese arms development. Let me remind you that we don't yet have the engines to power a 12,000 tons of a 055 class. It 'd be 9000 at the largest. bla...bla...cheers

@cnleio, you often make us other Chinese look stupid & not the least informed because you are the only one who knows all the earliest and the most classified news about Chinese arms development. Let me remind you that we don't yet have the engines to power a 12,000 tons of a 055 class. It 'd be 9000 at the largest. bla...bla...cheers

Even in the basic model of the QC-280, it is a piece of cake to power up a 12000 tons destroyer in the COGAG form.

The Type 052D has very advanced gas turbine, but only because this ship is in the CODOG form, that's why it is not very large, not because the gas turbine is not advanced.

The Type 346A AESA radar for the Type 052D, and it is going to be an upgraded dual band version of that radar for the Type 055.
With such a radar do you think the PLAN will seek a ballistic missile defense capability, or do you think it is not necessary for China? HQ-26 looks to be heading in that direction.

With such a radar do you think the PLAN will seek a ballistic missile defense capability, or do you think it is not necessary for China? HQ-26 looks to be heading in that direction.

Indeed, they have planned that for years.

The only disadvantage for the Type 052D is its hull design limitation.

That's why only a larger superior hull design of the Type 055 can fully unleash the potential of that advanced radar.

Even in the basic model of the QC-280, it is a piece of cake to power up a 12000 tons destroyer in the COGAG form.

The Type 052D has very advanced gas turbine, but only because this ship is in the CODOG form, that's why it is not very large, not because the gas turbine is not advanced.
It's not a piece of cake. It's a number of units...We won't see the rumored 055 in two years...cheers

It's not a piece of cake. It's a number of units...We won't see the rumored 055 in two years...cheers

But the Type 055 is still planned to be 12000+ tons, and there is no such thing as the 9000 tons destroyer in the project of PLAN.

And our newest QC-280IC is going to be over 40MW, so that will make the propulsion power of the Type 055A being comparable to that of the QE class aircraft carrier.

So no way that the future Type 055A is going to be under 15000 tons. And for the future destroyers the larger is better, otherwise you won't have enough room of the laser weapon and the railgun.

1. I never say my words r 100% correct here.
2. I only provide analysis & information what i knew from the internet, also pics to prove it.
3. Im not the only one said 055 DDG has 12,000ton, the data from internet.
4. R u the guy working inside CSIC ? If not, i guess ur 9,000ton 055 also rumor.

Cheers ~!

2. I only provide analysis & information what i knew from the internet, also pics to prove it.
4. R u the guy working inside CSIC ? If not, i guess ur 9,000ton 055 also rumor.

The 9000 tons class Type 055 was made up by the YY mental masturbation of the Arleigh Burke fanboys in China.

There is no such evidence about the Type 055 being 9000 tons, nor the propulsion of the QC-280 in the COGAG form is comparable with such tonnage.

AMDR About VLS launched 鱼-8/Yu-8 anti-sub rocket torpedo, i think it's the secret belong to PLAN and they don't like to show it on internet. So... just for reference, pics come from internet.

1. China owned anti-sub rocket torpedo, YES
142.jpg

2. launch test, YES
xxx.jpg

3. Official CCTV ever admit it, in 2013 PLAN's 054A FFG show in HongKong.
2013010711hongkongshow.jpg

Cheers ~!

I am not the one to varify anything to you or to the tiger. I hope that we behave like a Chinese not an Indian!

All the Best...

I am not the one to varify anything to you or to the tiger. I hope that we behave like a Chinese not an Indian!

All the Best...

We don't behave like the Indian fanboys, but there is also no need to have the OCD obsession over the 9000 tons destroyer.

We have all the evidence and analysis to suggest that the new generation DDG won't be 9000 tons, and the newest progression on the land mockup on Wuhan suggests this is a 180 meters long mega destroyer.

Why keep in denial? According to your logic, we should keep living in denial as the only way to show we are not the fanboys?

I know right now GuangZhou shipyard r busy in building many 20,000ton Ocean Supply ships ... wait years for building modern DDG.

View attachment 138159

Since 2011 only one JN shipyard buiding 052C/D DDGs, from 2011 ~ 2014 it finished 4x 052C (N.o150,151,152,153)and 2x 052D DDGs(N.o172, N.o173 sea trial) and another 4x 052D shipbodys still building inside. It looks JNS almost launched 2x 052C/D DDGs each year.

DaLian is another world-class shipyard in China, ever built CV16 A.C. Of course DLS has enough strength to build modern DDG like 052D. If fine, i guess 2x 052D each year like JNS.

Both JNS and DLS can launch 4x 052D DDGs each year for PLAN.

Until to 2020, it might reach >20x 052D DDGs. Yes, all DDG building plan still depend on China economy support.

as long as provincial corrupt officials doesn't allow korean investors to come in and **** things up, they be fine.

Back
Top Bottom