What's new

China Denies It Is Blocking India's Bid To Be Nuclear Suppliers Group Member

Explain why please.

Economics 101.

I am not going to make a long post about the current economic scenario, the current Chinese market scenario, trade deficit and Alternative markets.

Simply put, currently all countries are trying to protect "their" manufacturers. It's a buyers market all the way, that is true for even Oil as of today ;)

It's also based upon historical examples. This isn't the first time China has essentially denied what India has sought.

You say that as if China can't retaliate, or India would be unaffected. What India would essentially be doing is declaring a trade war, one that India would not be able to win.

Are you even reading the article ?
You should frame your argument based on OP and not on fiction.
Article says china denies of blocking indias entry into NSG.

As i said, most of the goods are non essential items, infact indian industry is already producing them but can't compete with China on prices. Indian consumers have to pay slightly more but that would be made up by difference in FX. Govt can further subsidise the Indian producers as China is doing.

Plus side- More indian production is more jobs, more consumption and more revenue. So overall it will be net positive,

Not really as otherwise no country would import anything from other countries that could be produced by local producers.

Not only would Indian consumers end up paying more but this would make Indian industry even more
uncompetitive as they would have a captive home market.

Not really as otherwise no country would import anything from other countries that could be produced by local producers.

Not only would Indian consumers end up paying more but this would make Indian industry even more

Countries import stuff because they lack resources or production cost or wages are too high like Oil or Steel or Services.

India is a low cost country - wages are lower than China and goods as I said are not essential. Only reason Chinese goods are cheaper is because of Chinese Govt Subsidy. In effect China has already declared a trade war by subsidising its goods and then dumping it in Indian markets.

Please learn some economics as I dont want to repeat the same thing. There is reason why Europe and US are talking about banning Chinese goods.

Countries import stuff because they lack resources or production cost or wages are too high like Oil or Steel or Services.

India is a low cost country - wages are lower than China and goods as I said are not essential. Only reason Chinese goods are cheaper because of Chinese Govt Subsidy. In effect China has already declared a trade war by subsidising its goods and then dumping it in Indian markets.

Please learn some economics as I dont want to repeat the same thing

LOL.

1. GOI won't ban Chinese goods directly. It will be indirect actions
Like - increased duties of Made in PRC
- decreasing duties on alternative suppliers for Chinese goods to check the price rise
- vast local media stirr to make common opinion agaist Chinese good
- there is a reason why from past few years it's " made in PRC " & not " China"
2. Political options
There are plenty of issues with which Chinese 8-) not comfortable eg SCS, Vietnam evr ect
3. Special option - it already in effect as we talk. Increasing multilayer cooperation with Japan.

These points aren't just my opinion they are from somewhere where it matters effectively and dated 2009.

Even England is seriously considering steel problem's solution :p:

A great opportunity for China to keep India on neutral terms with US China equation.
In the case of China vetoing, it will push India further more towards US. Where India will be a special case once again who will get all the goodies without signing up to anything.

For Reference visit : Indo US civil nuclear deal.

China is an important market for India, India - China co operation in trade and economy will benefit both countries.

China is an important market for India, India - China co operation in trade and economy will benefit both countries.

Unfortunately it looks like only Indians feel that way and Chinese don't give a crap about what India thinks..

All Chinese non-essential goods either be banned showing reasons like low quality, poor safety standard, environmental cause, toxic hazards, etc. Those goods that cannot be banned should be made difficult to import with higher import duties, anti-dumping duties, high security deposits, deliberate red-tapism, extra offloading charges for specific goods at ports....and all such steps that makes chinese products unviable. We should also make it mandatory to write the name of the manufacturing country on the product in large bold letters, and it must be written as China for chini products, not PRC. I want these cheapo chini stuff out of my country.

China does dumping to keep their factories running that are already suffering from overcapacity, block their products and wheels in those factories stop.

Regarding banning chinese goods, all should be on valid ground. Putting blanket ban won't help both countries. Although anti dumping duties should be strictly emplaced.

I think we as Indians and the govt should start educating Indians to buy MADE IN INDIA products. It should be proper campaign. Indian goods can definitely compete on price and added quality. Domestic consumption will increase for domestic products which will have trickle down effects.

China doesn't care what India thinks of them, nor do they care what their image is within India.

India won't get in, as long as Chinese concerns aren't met.

What damage control? They're being diplomatic about the situation, but the message is clear that they don't care what India has to say.

Is this your view or its Chinese views. And most important when you have become the Chinese ?

First of all China never said they'd block India's entry into NSG. It was a Pakistani diplomat who claimed it.

Back
Top Bottom