What's new

China Denies It Is Blocking India's Bid To Be Nuclear Suppliers Group Member

We have more to gain. Chinese investments of 20 billion in Bullet train of Delhi Chennai line will change the relationship between the 2 countries.

As i said, most of the goods are non essential items, infact indian industry is already producing them but can't compete with China on prices. Indian consumers have to pay slightly more but that would be made up by difference in FX. Govt can further subsidise the Indian producers as China is doing.

Plus side- More indian production is more jobs, more consumption and more revenue. So overall it will be net positive,
but $50billion USD trade deficit you have with China say that you are wrong.

1. GOI won't ban Chinese goods directly. It will be indirect actions
Like - increased duties of Made in PRC
- decreasing duties on alternative suppliers for Chinese goods to check the price rise
- vast local media stirr to make common opinion agaist Chinese good
- there is a reason why from past few years it's " made in PRC " & not " China"
2. Political options
There are plenty of issues with which Chinese 8-) not comfortable eg SCS, Vietnam evr ect
3. Special option - it already in effect as we talk. Increasing multilayer cooperation with Japan.

These points aren't just my opinion they are from somewhere where it matters effectively and dated 2009.

Even England is seriously considering steel problem's solution :p:

What your government think they can do to China, China already knows it can do to them.

Don't bring UK in, as they are in different league than India.

What your government think they can do to China, China already knows it can do to them.
what ??? Do tell. I hope you know what trade deficit is.
Don't bring UK in, as they are in different league than India.
Yes they are a smaller consumer economy than India. But I don't think you understand the concept

India's trade deficit with China is close to 50 Billion USD and rising. All the goods are basically non essential items. India can hurt China badly if it comes to that. So there is that

The trade deficit of around 44 billion is actually in favour of china .. It's india that will be "badly hurt" not China lol.

The trade deficit of around 44 billion is actually in favour of china .. It's india that will be "badly hurt" not China lol.
How. Do explain. Or just 1 liner is enough

Macro Economics seems to be the alien subject here !!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O

Poor economics exposed.
You contradicted in your 1 line.
You should had read and learnt the basic economics on google before making any post in this thread.

You really don't have a clue do you? Trade deficit is in favor of China so if India stops trade then that deficit goes and it hurts China as it was gaining 44 Billion USD from trade with India.

How. Do explain. Or just 1 liner is enough

Macro Economics seems to be the alien subject here !!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O
How is that a oneliner? If the trade deficit is in favour of China who will be hurt by what your indian friend was bragging about? Certainly not China .. It will be India on the receiving end..

You really don't have a clue do you? Trade deficit is in favor of China so if India stops trade then that deficit goes and it hurts China as it was gaining 44 Billion USD from trade with India.

And surely that won't hurt the Indians who have invested in the businesses right?

Poor economics exposed.
You contradicted in your 1 line.
You should had read and learnt the basic economics on google before making any post in this thread.

I'm a law man not a economics expert .. But here what logic dictates .. Surely blocking trade/business would hurt both countries .. The Chinese would lose a market .. And the Indian investors/businessmen who have invested would be? It's not the Chinese who are importing Indian goods .. Rather the Indians wo are importing Chinese goods... For the worlds second largest economy 44 billion is chump change .. But not for countries like India or Pakistan.

Truth be told, India needs China, it is not the other way around. India hosts Dalai Lama, who for China is not less than a terrorist.

How is that a oneliner? If the trade deficit is in favour of China who will be hurt by what your indian friend was bragging about? Certainly not China .. It will be India on the receiving end..

And surely that won't hurt the Indians who have invested in the businesses right?

Geez! India has invested minimally in China - only traders will have to buy stuff from elsewhere or locally - traders don't invest - they trade. Since China has blocked it's markets to Indian IT and Pharma goods - India stands to loose close to nothing. In this case China has no leverage on India.

I don't need to brag anything, all you require is a functioning brain.

Did you read the article even. Common you are being irritating.

India imports stuff from China - If Yuan becomes cheaper vis a vis USD as compared to Rupee vis a vis USD since the payments are in USD then Chinese goods also become Cheaper which makes the deficit larger.

How is that relevant to my posts that state if India stops trade China will take a hit.

Last edited:
China can always exercise the option of a blitzkrieg to Delhi if India becomes a big irritant. We will always support our brothers and open a second front. Getting rid of this black spot on Earth is Pak and Chinas first priorty!

I'm a law man not a economics expert .. But here what logic dictates .. Surely blocking trade/business would hurt both countries .. The Chinese would lose a market .. And the Indian investors/businessmen who have invested would be? It's not the Chinese who are importing Indian goods .. Rather the Indians wo are importing Chinese goods... For the worlds second largest economy 44 billion is chump change .. But not for countries like India or Pakistan.
Oh god. I am sorry , i feel insulted to spoon feed you such a basic stuff of economics.

But anyways i will explain you in 2 simple line what it means for both countries.

China : Since it is the party which is earning money(44 billion) in trade, will not earn that money if that trade stops. Simple, its china that loses.

India : The stuff that it was importing from china will now have 2 options, either source it from other country or produce it locally. So china's share will be eaten by some other third country or injected back into india. In short run indians might buy those stuff bit more expensive, in longer run we boost our manufacturing and come to competitive manufacturing later.

China can always exercise the option of a blitzkrieg to Delhi if India becomes a big irritant. We will always support our brothers and open a second front. Getting rid of this black spot on Earth is Pak and Chinas first priorty!
Scared to do it alone? Why the need to hide behind China and act brave?

Back
Top Bottom