What's new

China counters India's $2 billion with whopping $24 billion for Bangladesh

@ Bangal me ek purani kahawat hai, " Kotai Agartola ar Kotai Khater tola ", samajli jiye bhai.

jo boye ga wohi katey ga?
dont know Bangla but thats by best guess

And why are u hyped up? We two Asian superpower will sort our power struggle. U first defend yourself from Afghanistan.

First Pakistan humiliated you and now China, if this is called super power then you can keep all of it

Some of Pakistani posters are surprised to see the turn of events. There is nothing surprising here what so ever.

BD is 100% stratigically aligned to China and has been since the 80's and this wont change. It does not matter which political party is in power. BD largest single country trading partner (although tilted towards China) is China. China is the biggest infrastructure partner of BD. BD is the second largest military customer of China after Pakistan.

In every possible way it counts BD China friendship is deep and multifaceted.

China has not countered India....the later is not in the same league and China does not need to counter India.

BAL and Haseena uses India to stay in power so temporarily India has some clout. China is principaled and does not interfere in the internal politics of Bangladesh and is rewarded with the trust of all parties including BAL.

It costs BAL nothing to say it will support India against Pakistan in a fight but we will see one of modis ancient Indian spaceships in flight before such a thing can happen.

I am glad of the ever deepening relationship between BD and China.

Also, Bangladesh businessmen have inked $13.6 billion worth business deals with as many as 15 Chinese companies.

A black day for the jokers whom were running the show in PDF for few days with an agenda to block Chinese investment in BD, that included some Pakistanis, Chinese and Jamaatis. They wont be found so frequently again :(

China just grabbed Bangladesh out of India's grasp. How will India react to this act of betrayal from Sheikh Hasina?

A black day for the jokers whom were running the show in PDF for few days with an agenda to block Chinese investment in BD, that included some Pakistanis, Chinese and Jamaatis. They wont be found so frequently again :(

I don't know about others, but i stand by my statement earlier. China is working very hard to counter, but their efforts will go in vain. At the end, Bangladesh has to be obedient wife of India. It is period. Haseena may prolong with the hope of Bangladesh, but real card will be played by India at the end.

China just grabbed Bangladesh out of India's grasp. How will India react to this act of betrayal from Sheikh Hasina?

I will put it bit different way - China just gave enough rope for Bangladesh as nation to come out of india's grasp.
Before Chinese President visit, awami foreign minister tried to clam indian concern and Hasina is taking knee pad with her to Delhi. Will Bangladesh ruled by indian proxy regime able to use Chinese rope? That is another question.

China just gave enough rope for Bangladesh as nation to come out of india's grasp.
Bangladesh is always out of of Indian grip since its forces were taken out of this land after Sk. Mujib came back. The next was when President Ziaur Rahman made diplomatic inroads toward China. Now, it is Chinese President's visit that makes it more difficult for India. Tell me exactly what are the Indian successes in BD. I think, it is nothing except that BD-India border is almost tension-free.

I don't know about others, but i stand by my statement earlier. China is working very hard to counter, but their efforts will go in vain. At the end, Bangladesh has to be obedient wife of India. It is period. Haseena may prolong with the hope of Bangladesh, but real card will be played by India at the end.

No. India can influence on minor matters. BD strategic outlook is consistent in that it is China centric. BAL and Hasina nor any politician in BD ever consider India a trustworthy ally. Hasina has successfully manipulated Indian fears into supporting her regime, the payback for India is transshipment and access to BD market something that would have become a reality under natural course of events due to geography and globalisation.

BD internally may bicker on the basis of our political persuasion but l am yet to come across a BD who suggests BD is should abandon our decades old policy of alignment with China In favor of India.

China is not countering India in BD, India is not even in the game. BD is not suddenly going to abandon its biggest development, economic and military partner for India or anyone else.

I will put it bit different way - China just gave enough rope for Bangladesh as nation to come out of india's grasp.
Before Chinese President visit, awami foreign minister tried to clam indian concern and Hasina is taking knee pad with her to Delhi. Will Bangladesh ruled by indian proxy regime able to use Chinese rope? That is another question.

All this will merely strengthen hasinas hand who will be able to exploit India into supporting her more....unfortunate turn of event for democracy in BD.

I do not like BAL or Hasina but calling it a proxy regime is inaccurate. The first place Hasina went following her election is Beijing not Delhi. She is as china centric as BNP, JP or Jamat. The crazy thing about BD politics is there is virtually no policy difference between the parties. Our polity like everywhere else is driven by larger than life personalities with a toxic dose of narrative regarding the birth of nation.

Chinese investment will not unshackle BD from Indian grasp as no such things exists. Indian so called investment never materialise as they don't actually have the money.

Chinese investment are merely continuation of existing trend. What is fantastic are the private sector deal.

China is seeking to relocate lot of sectors as it moves up the value chain and BD is perfectly poised to accept these industries.

India biggest mistake is to put all its eggs in supporting BAL unconditionally. BAL will be unseated and with it will go Indias fleeting cosmetic influence. China our all weather friend is trusted accross the political spectrum and will continue as BDs most valued partner whoever is in charge.

No. India can influence on minor matters. BD strategic outlook is consistent in that it is China centric. BAL and Hasina nor any politician in BD ever consider India a trustworthy ally. Hasina has successfully manipulated Indian fears into supporting her regime, the payback for India is transshipment and access to BD market something that would have become a reality under natural course of events due to geography and globalisation.

BD internally may bicker on the basis of our political persuasion but l am yet to come across a BD who suggests BD is should abandon our decades old policy of alignment with China In favor of India.

China is not countering India in BD, India is not even in the game. BD is not suddenly going to abandon its biggest development, economic and military partner for India or anyone else.

I am not convinced yet. But i am keen observant on how the whole game is going to pan out. CPEC is reality because the first stage of CPEC is already started which is confirming it is no longer myth now. Whereas for economical projects in Bangladesh, right now it is all talk.

After chinese arms deals, marine dispute resolution, enclaves issue resolution and fallen violence on border, more proof that India does not control BD.

Atleast now will the stupid Jamati jokers stop blaming everything on Hindus? I guess we know the answer. For Islamists facts are not important, claiming victim hood to justify their hatred and terrorism is...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom