What's new

China conducts test on ground-based midcourse missile interception

Obama:We are going to sell Patriot-3 to Taiwan.
Hu:Cao
Obama: I beg your pardon?
Hu:C-NMD.

Here is the question: Do you know what CNMD means in Chinese?

If I were not a Chinese, I will guess CNMD=Chinese National Missile Defense.

There are too many unknowns about this test. Mid course interception is very difficult. Are we sure that the target missle doesn't have a homing device for the interceptor missile to home in? Also, is the target missile maneuverable? Finally, is the target missile in the position to deploy counter measurements?

If not, this interceptor would not be able to defeat the latest US or Russian missile. But its enough for others.

Of course 'CNMD' is not to defense US and Russia. DF-31A is a more efficient way to counter their wild ambitions.

I thought China and Russia are friends? From this forum, it seems like Chinese, Americans and Russians do not like each other. If China and Russia are not friends, than US still has a good chance of becoming closer to China and Russia as compare to China and Russia to each other. The US need another Nixon.

Kudos to my beloved country "China" for this successful test of

midcourse missile interception.

Keep up the no BS, just action atittude !!:china::cheers::china:

I guess this is to tell the Obama administration: you don't wanna break off the military communication as a big new anti-means added into the PLA unclearness list.

Does any one know if Russia already tested a mid course missile interceptor? I only know the US has performed mid course interceptors but the system is not quite ready yet. Also, is there other countries that had announced the mid course interceptor program? I'm certain that India had announced that it is "ready" to test one but lets leave them out of the discussion right now.

Kudos to my beloved country "China" for this successful test of

midcourse missile interception.

Keep up the no BS, just action atittude !!:china::cheers::china:

Its important to know the parameters of the test as much as a test succeeded itself. The first US "successful" test contains a homing device in the target missile telling the intercept to come and get me.

I thought China and Russia are friends? From this forum, it seems like Chinese, Americans and Russians do not like each other. If China and Russia are not friends, than US still has a good chance of becoming closer to China and Russia as compare to China and Russia to each other. The US need another Nixon.
We do hope that China can get along well with Russia and US as well. But friendship depends not on China's attitude right? I also don't believe this test is to protest US's decision to sell pac-3 to Taiwan.

Since last time China attacked a satellite in 2007(also on 1.11) they've made great improve. GMD and the kkv(kinetic kill vehicle) capability is far beyond that scale.

The aim of the test is purely defensive and to enhance China's ability in defending herself against the threat of 'rogue states'. Besides US and Russia's 10000 warheads, there are other troubling countries possess nuclear bombs and missiles which can 'target the city of Harbin' at least we have to protect ourselves in the first 96 hours in any hypothetical wars.

Does any one know if Russia already tested a mid course missile interceptor? I only know the US has performed mid course interceptors but the system is not quite ready yet. Also, is there other countries that had announced the mid course interceptor program? I'm certain that India had announced that it is "ready" to test one but lets leave them out of the discussion right now.

Only US have conducted the kkv test and succeed. That is about 7 or 8 years ago.Rus did have mid-course interceptor, but they got a nuclear head on that interceptor and never tested. China comes as the second in this field.
But this is only the first successful test and still a long way to go to make it an effective defense system.

We do hope that China can get along well with Russia and US as well. But friendship depends not on China's attitude right? I also don't believe this test is to protest US's decision to sell pac-3 to Taiwan.

Since last time China attacked a satellite in 2007(also on 1.11) they've made great improve. GMD and the kkv(kinetic kill vehicle) capability is far beyond that scale.

The aim of the test is purely defensive and to enhance China's ability in defending herself against the threat of 'rogue states'. Besides US and Russia's 10000 warheads, there are other troubling countries possess nuclear bombs and missiles which can 'target the city of Harbin' at least we have to protect ourselves in the first 96 hours in any hypothetical wars.

:rofl: I think besides US,Russia England, France and North Korea are the only countries that can target the city of Harbin now.

Its interesting that a week or two ago, I was speaking with Indian guys about the difficulties of creating a mid course missile defence. The Indian guys were boasting about how they have a plan to do it. I guess a plan is not good enought.:blah:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom