What's new

China canceled $30 billion in debts by 35 African countries

R0H1T, I did warn you that I would punish you with more discussion on India if you maintained your anti-China trolling and kept going off-topic from China-Africa affairs in this thread. Here comes more blowblack.
If that's your divine right to punish others with nonsensical stuff then you're clearly out of depth here cause mixing science with commerce & unable to find a middle road seems to be your pattern. Look I've got nothing against you but I ain't gonna be offended by something as lame as the depreciation of the rupee & unlike some western(mostly) peers I don't see the world revolving around the $$ so I suggest you carry on what you do best & I'll only respond to facts that are misleading to say the least !

R0H1T, I have a proposal. You stop trolling in my China-Africa thread and I'll stop posting about India. Do we have a deal?

India's real 2010 GDP is $1.49 trillion

Forget the IMF numbers. India's rupee has collapsed by 20% in the meantime and it's still falling. Let's update India's current nominal GDP.

For 2010, India's economy was 78.8 trillion rupees (see India's Economy at 80 trillion Rupees and should be at US$ 2 trillion in 2012).

The current exchange rate is 53 Indian rupees per 1 U.S. dollar. It used to be 44 Indian rupees per U.S. dollar, but that was four months ago in August (see Exchange Rates Graph (American Dollar, Indian Rupee) - 120 days - x-rates).

HdzlY.jpg

Indian rupee has fallen from 44 to 53 per U.S. dollar in only four months. Indian economic fundamentals are terrible and the consensus is that the rupee will keep falling, possibly to 60 rupees per U.S. dollar.

Using today's exchange rate, India's 2010 GDP is:

78.8 trillion rupees / 52.9375 rupees per U.S. dollar = $1.49 trillion dollars

rgV6n.jpg

There are times when you can't rely on IMF data, because the world has changed. India's 2010 GDP is only $1.5 trillion U.S. dollars, not the old $1.63 trillion from the IMF. Also, you should ignore all future GDP projections for India in the current chart. They are all grossly inaccurate. The error is in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Wait one or two years until the IMF corrects their inaccuracies for India's GDP projections.

Recent China and India comparison

Let's take a look at a few recent news stories from China and India.

In China, a reconnaissance/spy satellite was launched. A next-generation integrated marine science research vessel was also launched. And the 10th BeiDou-2 navigational/GPS satellite was sent into orbit.

In contrast, technologically-backwards India sent out a request to foreign manufacturers for a rifle. Can the two countries be more different?

----------

Chinese reconnaissance satellite reaches orbit

Asqzf.jpg

Carrying China's "Yaogan XIII" remote-sensing satellite, a Long March 2C carrier rocket blasts off from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Taiyuan, capital of north China's Shanxi Province, Nov. 30, 2011. China successfully sent to space its "Yaogan XIII" remote-sensing satellite at 2:50 a.m.on Wednesday. The satellite will be used to conduct scientific experiments, carry out surveys on land resources, estimate crop yield and help with natural disaster-reduction and prevention. (Xinhua/Yan Yan)

"Analysts also believe that the YG-13 YaoGan Weixing-13 is a new 2nd generation SAR satellite developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation Shanghai Academy, and equipped with a new SAR radar capable of 1.5 meter spatial resolution.
Yaogan 13 may carry a synthetic aperture radar sensor to peer through clouds for all-weather, night-and-day image collection."

China's next-generation integrated marine science research vessel launched
November 30, 2011

7fsEe.jpg

November 30. With a total investment of more than 500 million yuans, China's next-generation integrated marine science research vessel "Science" was successfully launched in Wuhan.

This is the most advanced integrated marine science research ship being built by China. It will help promote China's marine science study capabilities to the international advanced standard. The "Science" research ship comprehensive project was approved in 2007.

China breaks record with Long March 3A launch of 10th BeiDou-2 satellite

IOZWU.jpg

The Long March-3A carrier rocket carrying China's 10th Beidou satellite blasts off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center on Friday morning, December 2, 2011. [Photo: Xinhua]

----------

India goes shopping for a new assault rifle - Rediff.com News

"India goes shopping for a new assault rifle
Last updated on: November 30, 2011 08:16 IST

The Ministry of Defence has issued a tender for the import of 66,000 5.56 mm assault rifle for an estimated $250 million (Rs 13,000 crore) to replace the locally-designed Indian Small Arms System 5.56 mm AR, which the army has reluctantly employed since the mid-1990s.

The Request for Proposal dispatched to over 40 overseas vendors last month -- with bids to be submitted by mid-Feb 2012 -- requires the 3.66 kg AR's to convert to 7.62x39 mm and be fitted with Picatiny Rail-mounted reflex sights.

The ARs would also need to be equipped with under-barrel grenade launchers and be able to fire locally-produced ammunition.

The RfP also mandates a transfer of technology to the State-owned Ordnance Factory Board to locally make the ARs of which the eventual requirement is expected to be around 2 million for the army, the central paramilitary forces and state police in a massive programme estimated at $2-3 billion."

India's population hurtling toward the top - latimes.com

"India's population hurtling toward the top
By Mark Magnier, Los Angeles Times
December 2, 2011, 5:39 p.m.

Due to pass China in 2020, India has seen uneven progress in efforts to cut birthrates, and struggles to feed and house many of its people.
A report released recently found that the poor in India were better fed 30 years ago, and that India is worse off than its neighbors and many sub-Saharan African countries. The picture is similar in health, hygiene, education and women's status."

R0H1T, I have a proposal. You stop trolling in my China-Africa thread and I'll stop posting about India. Do we have a deal?
Sure but I have a question for you & no diplomatic answers here(if you may) - do you honestly believe that CN doesn't manipulate the Yuan & the govt facilitates IP theft ? Even you don't wish to answer I'll stop this particular argument with you on this thread only so whaddya say :pop:

Sure but I have a question for you & no diplomatic answers here(if you may) - do you honestly believe that CN doesn't manipulate the Yuan & the govt facilitates IP theft ? Even you don't wish to answer I'll stop this particular argument with you on this thread only so what say :pop:

Yes, it's true that China manipulates its currency upwards by 30%+ and India manipulates its currency downwards by 20%.

RMB Hits 17-Year High vs. USD on Tuesday

fpgr2.jpg

Proposed new 500 yuan note depicting Deng Xiaoping, the architect of China's modernization. If you love China's booming economy with 10% annual growth for the last 30 years, much of the credit belongs to Deng's reforms.

Business China | Finance, Economics, Business and Industry news from China

"RMB Hits 17-Year High vs. USD on Tuesday
27 Dec 2011

December 27, The Chinese currency renminbi strengthened 15 basis points to 6.3152 against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday, the highest since 1994, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trading System.

Based on a weighted average of prices, the People’s Bank of China, or central bank, sets the central parity rate of the renminbi against the U.S. dollar before the opening of the market each business day.

“The central parity price is the intention of the central bank. And a higher price shows the central bank’s determination to maintain the appreciation of the Chinese currency. The market has fully received the signal,” a trader told the National Business Daily.

“In view of market trade, profit taking and settlement has pushed up the renminbi. Banks are selling U.S. dollar positions and enterprises are increasing settlements due to accounting needs,” the trader said.

UBS Securities expects the renminbi to stabilize at around 6.35 against the green back at the end of this year and rise by 3% to 6.15 at of the end of 2012.

JP Morgan Chase reckoned China’s real GDP growth would rise 8.2% at an annualized rate in 2012 and the current account surplus would account for 2.8% of GDP next year. The Chinese currency would continue to appreciate by about 4% against the U.S. dollar in 2012.

edited by Tony ZHU"

----------

How low can the Indian Rupee go?

The Indian Rupee has been crashing through record lows in the past few days. A reasonable question is "how low can the Indian Rupee go?"

We've seen other countries mismanage their economies in the past. A memorable example is the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis. The problems were very similar: large chronic fiscal deficits, current account deficits, increasing debt burden, "hot money" outflows, etc.

MBs3d.jpg

The Indian Rupee was at 45 to the U.S. dollar. It is now 53.80 to the U.S. dollar on December 14, 2011 (see article below).

lBguJ.jpg

One-year currency depreciation during Asian Financial Crisis of 1997 (Source: 1997 Asian financial crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

To date, the Indian Rupee (INR) has only fallen 20% from 45 INR to 54 INR per U.S. dollar. Based on the experience of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and South Korea, I predict a 40% drop for the Indian Rupee in one year's time, which is December 2012. The Indian Rupee should fall to 63 INR per U.S. dollar by the end of next year.

You should note that I'm being generous. In the worst-case scenario, India may end up like Indonesia with an 80% drop in currency value against the U.S. dollar. In the worst-case situation, the Indian Rupee could end up with an exchange rate of 81 Rupees per U.S. dollar.

----------

The Hindu : Business / Markets : Rupee tanks to fresh all-time low of Rs. 53.80

"Rupee tanks to fresh all-time low of Rs. 53.80
Mumbai, December 14, 2011

The Indian rupee lost 57 paise to a fresh all-time low of Rs 53.80 per US dollar in early trade on Wednesday amid persistent dollar demand from banks and importers in view of sustained foreign capital outflows. (article continues)."

China is a top-ten recipient in U.S. patents. In contrast, India has trivial intellectual property.

Greater China beats Germany in U.S. patents again!

For 2010, Greater China (i.e. China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong) maintained its lead over Germany to retain the unofficial third-highest rank for countries that receive the most patents in the United States.

Patent Counts By Type And State/Country (01-Jan-2010 To 31-Dec-2010)

Patents granted by the United States for the year 2010.

1. U.S. 121,164 patents
2. Japan 46,978
(Greater China 13,654)
3. Germany 13,633
4. South Korea 12,508
5. Taiwan 9,635
6. Canada 5,511
7. France 5,100
8. U.K. 5,038
9. China 3,303
10. Italy 2,254
India 1,137
Hong Kong 716 (Patent office counts Hong Kong as a separate entity)
Singapore 633
Russian Federation 287
Malaysia 224
Brazil 219

These countries are sometimes mentioned by the media as the "next China":

South Africa 142
Mexico 115
Thailand 60
Argentina 59
Poland 56
Greece 54
Turkey 45
Philippines 40
Chile 27
Egypt 20
Ukraine 14
Indonesia 6
Vietnam 2

The world's four largest exporters for 2010 are (1) China, (2) United States, (3) Germany, and (4) Japan. Not surprisingly, the world's four largest exporters are also the world's four largest grantees of U.S. patents (e.g. United States, Japan, Greater China, and Germany).

Patents are critical in becoming a world manufacturing power and exporter, because it creates a technological barrier of entry. Patents prevent a corporation's product from becoming a commodity that competes on price alone. The higher revenues and profits, which result from a patented product, enable a company to spend more money on research and development.

This is a self-reinforcing cycle. The United States, Greater China, Japan, and Germany continue to grow richer from their patented export products. The attainment of world-leading patents is the aspiration of any nation that wants to develop, grow technologically powerful, and wealthy.

Looking at the meager annual patents produced by nations touted by the media as the next China, we can see that all of those nations will probably become stuck in the "middle income trap."

"History shows that while many countries have been able to make it from low income to middle income, relatively few have carried on to high income. To make the high-income transition, countries have to specialize more in selected areas where they can achieve economies of scale and technological leadership."

From 2009 to 2010, the number of U.S. patents received by China increased by 46%. Even without Taiwan's help, the trend indicates that China will eventually become a wealthy nation. After all, China's annual number of U.S. patents already exceeds those of wealthy Italy. The only thing that China needs is time.

At a superficial glance, the patent list shows that India may be a viable emerging patent power. However, sometimes numbers lie. In my judgment, India will also be unable to escape the "middle income trap."

India's strength is in services as the world's call center. Most of India's patents are most likely in software, but the market for call centers is limited. For 20 years, "India has been unable to increase manufacturing's share of the economy, a dynamic that drove industrial revolutions in the U.S. and in other Asian countries." (See Wall Street Journal Interactive Slide for Indian Sectors at In India, Doubts Gather Over Rising Giant's Course - WSJ.com)

In conclusion, twenty years from now, the world in 2031 will look very similar to the world today. The only difference is that China will have become exponentially more influential in the future. There is no "next China." There is only one China. That's the only reasonable conclusion that we can draw from the list of the world's most powerful patent powers.

----------
[Note: These are my comments from last year on "China Claims #9 Rank In United States Patents!"]

For 2009, Greater China's 10,638 combined total patents (i.e. China's 2,270 + Taiwan's 7,781 + Hong Kong's 587) are greater than Germany's 10,353 patents. Greater China would rank third on the U.S. patent list. The patent ranks are important because they help to explain why China is the world's largest exporter and Germany is the world's second-largest exporter. Patents play an important role.

----------
[Note: These are my comments from two years ago on "Greater China outnumbers German patents."]

There are 70,000 Taiwanese companies on the Chinese Mainland. It is my guess that many Chinese exports incorporate not only Chinese patents, but also Taiwanese patents. The Taiwanese were a perennial #4 in U.S. patents received until they were passed by South Korea in 2008.

While the current number of Chinese patents appears to be insufficient to support a large high-tech export base, the combination of Greater China (i.e. Chinese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong) patents should suffice.

Greater China's 10,370 patents (i.e. China's 1,874 + Taiwan's 7,779 + Hong Kong's 717) are greater than the number of German patents at 10,086.

U.S. Department of State - Taiwan (10/09)
"Significant migration to Taiwan from the Chinese mainland began as early as A.D. 500. ..... There are a number of small political parties, including the Taiwan .... in China, and more than 70000 Taiwan companies have operations there. .... In keeping with our one China policy, the U.S. does not support Taiwan ..."

Chinese lithium-ion battery technology powers Sino-Russian joint venture

4ggLX.jpg

Thunder Sky (Winston Battery), based in Shenzhen, China, is a leading supplier of patented Solid State Lithium ion Power Battery based on the Liquid Lithium Ion Battery and Solid Polymer Lithium Ion Battery. Solid Sate Lithium Ion Power Battery is mainly used for electric motorcycle, electric vehicle, bus and other electrical transportation instruments. US Patent No.: US006686096B1

Chinese, Rusnano Partner for Modern Battery Production | Business | The Moscow Times

"Chinese, Rusnano Partner for Modern Battery Production
11 December 2011
By Howard Amos

t7vTO.jpg

Workers at the plant were trained to use equipment labeled in Chinese. (Photo credit: Anton Unitsyn / For MT)

NOVOSIBIRSK — At first glance, Liotech's $413 million Siberian factory that plans to churn out a million batteries a year appears to be a showcase of Russian industry, innovation and expertise.

Except that all the machinery used by the plant was manufactured by Chinese companies, all the raw materials for the LT-LYP 200, LT-LYP 300 and LT-LYP 700 batteries come from China and all of the factory's finished products are destined for the Chinese market.

Located just outside Novosibirsk, the plant is run by Liotech, a daughter company of China's battery manufacturer Thunder Sky in partnership with state-owned Rusnano. Thunder Sky owns 50.0001 percent of the enterprise, Rusnano 49.9999 percent.

Liotech's batteries are primarily destined for the electric transport and energy supply industries and the company estimates that the world market for lithium-ion batteries will grow tenfold over the next nine years to be worth almost $30 billion.

About 60 Chinese engineers have been in Russia since June training local workers to use the equipment that is labeled in Chinese. But they were quietly hidden away last week during the official opening of the factory attended by guests including Novosibirsk region Governor Vasily Urchenko and Rusnano head Anatoly Chubais.

As there was a wish to "show to the leaders that Russians already know how to operate [the machinery]," Thunder Sky director Shaoping Lu told The Moscow Times on Thursday that "most of [the Chinese engineers] didn't come today."

In an address to the assembled journalists, factory workers and politicians, Chubais said that without foreign assistance, the venture could never have got off the ground.

"When we began this project, we understood that all of [Russia's] existing equipment and all of its existing production facilities associated with battery manufacture were of yesterday's standard," he said. "We were radically behind."

The new factory is a vehicle for technology transfer. It aims to use only Russian raw materials by 2015, Liotech's general director Alexander Yerokhin said in an interview. While he has a guaranteed market in Thunder Sky, Yerokhin is also free to find Russian consumers. "It's their [Thunder Sky's] obligation to buy, but not my obligation to sell," he said.

Shaoping Lu said for Thunder Sky the appeal of the project was the recognition and access it gives to its name and products in Russia. They had intended to build the plant in China, he added, but Rusnano insisted on Novosibirsk.

Liotech, registered as a company in February 2010, believes that in the face of a gradual global shift to electronic transport systems its batteries will be in greater and greater demand. Moscow will deploy a hundred electric buses next year and Novosibirsk began to use "half" electric buses — that run from overhead lines but can switch to their own power when the lines end — in June, Yerokhin said.

Liotech has currently just one contract — a 3 billion ruble ($95 million) agreement with new innovation company Mobel.

Yerokhin admitted that the growth of the market in urban electric transport systems was highly dependent on the state. "A lot depends on politics," he said.

Though Chubais said at the opening ceremony that the project had faced a lot of opposition, including in the choice of a Chinese partner, the involvement of Rusnano is likely to guarantee support for Liotech and its batteries.

The plant was constructed in record time. "In Russia, a normal time frame for the building work on this type of project is one and a half to two years … [for this] we had eight months for everything," said Oleg Mamayev, executive director of PIK Group that put up the factory during a Siberian winter in temperatures of minus 40 degrees Celsius.

Financing was provided by loans from Rusnano (5.50 billion rubles), credit from Sberbank (3.90 billion rubles), investment from Rusnano shareholders (2.08 billion rubles) and from Thunder Sky shareholders (1.45 billion rubles). The factory is expected to be profitable in five years."

[Note - Source for the first picture and caption: Lithium Batteries]

Yes, it's true that China manipulates its currency upwards by 30%+ and India manipulates its currency by 20% downwards.
I guess if it serves your ego carry on posting the trash that you have ! USPTO is a joke,
e.g. they give patents for generic stuff that Apple has no claims on whatsoever, search AT/DT or toms if you've got no clue about what I'm saying here.
Then with Russia CN doesn't need to steal anything cause they don't have any hitech companies themselves(talk about stupid posts) you'll have to goto JPN/US/DE/SK for hitech stuff & incase you don't know much beyond your avg Iphone/IQ I suggest doing some research before getting pawned here !

Great news, they are doing a very good favour to mankind by helping africa. Hopefully, promblems in africa will be gone soon

I have no idea why Indian R0H1T keeps ranting in my China-Africa thread. China's $751 billion high-tech exports are based on Greater China's 13,654 annual U.S. patents, third largest in the world (see post #36).

China's $751 Billion High-tech Exports for 2010

7M9fL.jpg

For 2010, China's top three high-tech exports for "Electrical machinery and equipment," "Power generation equipment," and "Optics and medical equipment" totaled $751 billion US dollars.

Greater China's patents provide the fundamental pillar for China's high-tech exports.

Source: US-China Trade Statistics and China's World Trade Statistics

[Note: Thank you to Hellraiser006 for reminding me to update China's export figures for 2010.]

I have no idea why Indian R0H1T keeps ranting in my China-Africa thread. China's $751 billion high-tech exports are based on Greater China's 13,654 annual U.S. patents, third largest in the world (see my post #36).
And I have no idea why a literate American, not well informed or highly educated(read smart) mind you, posts these useless USPTO stats ! If you've got no clue how the patent system works in the US (let alone worldover) then why don't you admit it instead of prolonging this endless debate ?

Economics focus: How to get a date | The Economist

"The year when the Chinese economy will truly eclipse America’s is in sight
Dec 31st 2011

lKWxG.gif

IN THE spring of 2011 the Pew Global Attitudes Survey asked thousands of people worldwide which country they thought was the leading economic power. Half of the Chinese polled reckoned that America remains number one, twice as many as said “China”. Americans are no longer sure: 43% of US respondents answered “China”; only 38% thought America was still the top dog. The answer depends on which measure you pick. An analysis of 21 different indicators chosen by The Economist (see the full set) finds that China has already overtaken America on over half of them and will be top on virtually all of them within a decade.

Economic power is best gauged by looking at absolute size rather than per-person measures. On a few indicators, such as steel consumption, ownership of mobile phones and beer-guzzling (a crucial test of economic superiority), the milestone was reached as long as a decade ago. Several more have been passed since. In 2011 China exported about 30% more than the United States and spent some 40% more on fixed capital investment. China is the world’s biggest manufacturer, and partly as a result it burns around 10% more energy and emits almost 40% more greenhouse gases than America (although its emissions per person are only one-third as big). The Chinese also buy more new cars each year than anybody else.

The country that invented the compass, gunpowder and printing is also challenging America in the innovation stakes. We estimate that in 2011 more patents were granted to residents in China than in America. The quality of some Chinese patents may be dubious but they will surely improve. The World Economic Forum’s “World Competitiveness Report” ranks China 31st out of 142 countries on the quality of its maths and science education, well ahead of America’s 51st place. China’s external financial clout also beats America’s hands down. It has total net foreign assets of $2 trillion; America has net debts of $2.5 trillion.

The chart shows our predictions for when China will overtake America on several other measures. Official figures show that China’s consumer spending is currently only one-fifth of that in America (although that may be understated because of China’s poor statistical coverage of services). Based on relative growth rates over the past five years it will remain smaller until 2023. Retail sales are catching up much faster, and could exceed America’s by 2014. In that same year China also looks set to become the world’s biggest importer—a huge turnaround from 2000, when America’s imports were six times those of China.

What about GDP, the most widely used measure of economic power? The IMF predicts that China’s GDP will surpass America’s in 2016 if measured on a purchasing-power parity (PPP) basis, which adjusts for the fact that prices are lower in poorer countries. But America will only really be eclipsed when China’s GDP outstrips it in dollar terms, converted at market-exchange rates.

In 2011 America’s GDP was roughly twice as big as China’s, down from eight times bigger in 2000. To predict how quickly that gap might be closed, The Economist has updated its interactive online chart (also here) which allows you to plug in your own assumptions about real GDP growth in China and America, inflation rates and the yuan’s exchange rate against the dollar. Our best guess is that annual real GDP growth over the next decade averages 7.75% in China (down from 10.5% over the past decade) and 2.5% in America; that inflation (as measured by the GDP deflator) averages 4% and 1.5% respectively; and that the yuan appreciates by 3% a year. If so, then China will overtake America in 2018. That is a year earlier than our prediction in December 2010 because China’s GDP in dollar terms increased by more than expected in 2011.

Second place is for winners

Even if China became the world’s biggest economy by 2018, Americans would remain much richer, with a GDP per head four times that in China. But Rupert Hoogewerf, the founder of the annual Hurun Report on China’s richest citizens, reckons that it may already have more billionaires. His latest survey identified 270 dollar billionaires but the true total, he says, is probably double that because many Chinese are secretive about their wealth. According to the Forbes rich list, America has 400 billionaires or so.

America still tops a few league tables by a wide margin. Its stockmarket capitalisation is four times bigger than China’s and it has more than twice as many firms in the Fortune global 500, which lists the world’s biggest companies by revenue. Last but not least, America spends five times as much on defence as China does, and even though China’s defence budget is expanding faster, on recent growth rates America will remain top gun until 2025.

Being the biggest economy in the world does offer advantages. It helps to ensure military superiority and gives a country more say in fixing international rules. Historically, the biggest economy has become the issuer of the main reserve currency, which is why America has also been able to borrow more cheaply than it otherwise would. But it would be a mistake for American leaders to try to block China’s rise. China’s rapid growth benefits the whole global economy. It is better to be number two in a fast-growing world than top dog in a stagnant one."

[Note: Thank you to Daredevil for the newslink.]

Let's take a close look at the theory of "encircling China."

#1 Japan - A weak country with a stagnant economy. Population is expected to fall to 100 million by 2050. Most Japanese women are past their prime child-bearing age and the population decline is virtually irreversible. National debt as a percentage of GDP is 200% and rising.

Trying to rebuild from a devastating tsunami. Containment of Fukushima nuclear reactors will take 40 years (see citation below). Military technology is falling rapidly behind China's. Announced purchase of 42 F-35s, which I have previously mentioned as inferior to China's J-20 Mighty Dragon (e.g. supercruise, all-aspect stealth, longer-range missiles, etc.).

Japan isn't what it used to be. This is a has-been country. After Japan, it is all downhill in terms of national power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/w...-daiichi-nuclear-reactors.html?_r=3&ref=earth

"Japan Says Decommissioning Damaged Reactors Could Take 40 Years
By MARTIN FACKLER
Published: December 21, 2011

TOKYO — Decommissioning the wrecked reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant will take 40 years and require the use of robots to remove melted fuel that appears to be stuck to the bottom of the reactors’ containment vessels, the Japanese government said on Wednesday."

-----

#2 India - This country is imploding economically at an incredible pace. Indian rupee has sunk by 20% from 44 to 53 rupees in the last four months. They will be lucky if they can feed themselves. India poses no military threat to China with a puny Indian aggregate of 1 megaton firepower from ALL of its combined atomic weapons. 294 megatons of Chinese thermonuclear weaponry can erase India from the face of the Earth. The Indians would never dare to launch a single atomic-capable weapon in China's direction. If they do, the subcontinent will become vacant real estate.

One billion malnourished Indians couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Indian participation in Russian Pak-Fa program will result in a non-stealthy fighter. I've already mentioned the non-stealthy exposed metallic engine pods, exposed engine fan blades from lack of "S ducts," metal-framed cockpit, cluttered underside, etc. on the Pak-Fa in another thread.

#3 South Korea - South Korea is too small geographically and population-wise. Also, the economy is too small to merit serious attention. Anyway, South Koreans are worried about militaristic North Korea. South Korea will be lucky if Seoul doesn't get nuked by the Stalinist North Koreans.

#4 Australia - Too far away and the country only has 23 million people, which is smaller than Chongqing metropolitan area. Too insignificant to be a factor.

#5 Vietnam - The dong has depreciated to 21,000 per U.S. dollar (see citation below). Vietnam faces the same problem as India. Both Vietnam and India have a standard of living that is lower than sub-Saharan Africa. They don't pose a threat to anyone.

Here we go again: Vietnam

"Here we go again: Vietnam’s spiral of credit and devaluation
March 10th, 2011
Author: David Dapice, Harvard University

Vietnam recently devalued its currency to about 21,000 dong to the US dollar. At the end of 2008, the rate was 17,000 — a decline of 24 per cent in about two years. In fact, it is worse since the ‘free market’ rate is over 22,000, and many people wanting dollars need to pay that rate. That rate would make it nearly 30 per cent depreciation. Since interest rates on dong bank deposits are only about 15 per cent, it seems safer to keep dollars under the mattress than dong in the bank."

-----

In conclusion, the concept of "encircling China" sounds reasonable on paper. In reality, it is ridiculous. It is similar to saying that China wants to enter into an alliance with Canada and Mexico to encircle the U.S. Pretty funny, isn't it?

Let's take a close look at the theory of "encircling China."

#1 Japan - A weak country with a stagnant economy. Population is expected to fall to 100 million by 2050. Most Japanese women are past their prime child-bearing age and the population decline is virtually irreversible. National debt as a percentage of GDP is 200% and rising.

Trying to rebuild from a devastating tsunami. Containment of Fukushima nuclear reactors will take 40 years (see citation below). Military technology is falling rapidly behind China's. Announced purchase of 42 F-35s, which I have previously mentioned as inferior to China's J-20 Mighty Dragon (e.g. supercruise, all-aspect stealth, longer-range missiles, etc.).

Japan isn't what it used to be. This is a has-been country. After Japan, it is all downhill in terms of national power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/w...-daiichi-nuclear-reactors.html?_r=3&ref=earth

"Japan Says Decommissioning Damaged Reactors Could Take 40 Years
By MARTIN FACKLER
Published: December 21, 2011

TOKYO — Decommissioning the wrecked reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant will take 40 years and require the use of robots to remove melted fuel that appears to be stuck to the bottom of the reactors’ containment vessels, the Japanese government said on Wednesday."

-----

#2 India - This country is imploding economically at an incredible pace. Indian rupee has sunk by 20% from 44 to 53 rupees in the last four months. They will be lucky if they can feed themselves. India poses no military threat to China with a puny Indian aggregate of 1 megaton firepower from ALL of its combined atomic weapons. 294 megatons of Chinese thermonuclear weaponry can erase India from the face of the Earth. The Indians would never dare to launch a single atomic-capable weapon in China's direction. If they do, the subcontinent will become vacant real estate.

One billion malnourished Indians couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Indian participation in Russian Pak-Fa program will result in a non-stealthy fighter. I've already mentioned the non-stealthy exposed metallic engine pods, exposed engine fan blades from lack of "S ducts," metal-framed cockpit, cluttered underside, etc. on the Pak-Fa in another thread.

#3 South Korea - South Korea is too small geographically and population-wise. Also, the economy is too small to merit serious attention. Anyway, South Koreans are worried about militaristic North Korea. South Korea will be lucky if Seoul doesn't get nuked by the Stalinist North Koreans.

#4 Australia - Too far away and the country only has 23 million people, which is smaller than Chongqing metropolitan area. Too insignificant to be a factor.

#5 Vietnam - The dong has depreciated to 21,000 per U.S. dollar (see citation below). Vietnam faces the same problem as India. Both Vietnam and India have a standard of living that is lower than sub-Saharan Africa. They don't pose a threat to anyone.

Here we go again: Vietnam

"Here we go again: Vietnam’s spiral of credit and devaluation
March 10th, 2011
Author: David Dapice, Harvard University

Vietnam recently devalued its currency to about 21,000 dong to the US dollar. At the end of 2008, the rate was 17,000 — a decline of 24 per cent in about two years. In fact, it is worse since the ‘free market’ rate is over 22,000, and many people wanting dollars need to pay that rate. That rate would make it nearly 30 per cent depreciation. Since interest rates on dong bank deposits are only about 15 per cent, it seems safer to keep dollars under the mattress than dong in the bank."

-----

In conclusion, the concept of "encircling China" sounds reasonable on paper. In reality, it is ridiculous. It is similar to saying that China wants to enter into an alliance with Canada and Mexico to encircle the U.S. Pretty funny, isn't it?

The other side to this is that China will be able to call on it's own future allies to encircle the countries that are trying to encircle it. Expect the vast majority of Muslim countries to become firm Chinese allies in the future.

Back
Top Bottom