What's new

China can no longer plead poverty

It is a truth that China is still a developing country.China still needs to focuse on economy development in the next 20 years.I dont see any reason that the CCP will change its economical policy to satisfy the west.

Gideon Rachman @ FT is a typical old bigot who thinks he knows it all, from politics to economics to world history to anything about everything.

Just a couple of years ago when Dalai Lama was kicking up a fuss about China and Olympics, Gideon wasted no time drooling some 1960s style of anti-china propagandas on his blog that could have seduced Dalai straight to bed with him, some of the claims were so outrageous it attracted hundreds of condemning comments from the Chinese and people who have lived in China before. Waste no time with his verbal garbage.

Funny how China bashing can help one stay employed nowadays. The world order is changing and not everyone likes it.

Friends, heartened to see your near-unanimous ditching of this wimpy western propaganda!

This mentally handicapped journalist takes Shanghai for whole China… while nurturing an evil intention which is nothing else but to benefit the western world at the expenses of poor and developing countries such as China...

The circus unfolding before us is so blatantly conspiring: a bunch of clown politicians in Washington and elsewhere western wants to dictate the world not only what people should think and behave ideologically, but also what their currency value should be. :tdown: In their lousy brain, a country’s sovereign currency is not determined by the needs of the country’s economy, not by the economists/business, but by foreign country’s politicians for their own democratic election purposes, for their own political interest. :devil:

How ridiculous is that!

Glad there is still a China that stands up and says no to the modern dictators, says no to ideology slave-owners!

My suggestions would be “Strong country, strong currency”....

Ok, ok, let sub-Saharan African countries make their currency strong, and "booomm..." all poverty problems solved. Now anybody still does not suspect his F*king brain is not handicapped or otherwise contains only cow dung? :taz:

Last edited:
more indians should visit Shanghai to understand what is really going on in this world. it will certainly let them to question the regime in new delihi which has since its independence fooling the general public in india.

a few elections won't fix the problem for india, because they had so many elections and clearly it failed hard.

what india really need is to reconsider a very simple question:

when the fake democracy was forced onto them, was it for western's sake or for india's

And where the fcuk did you bring India into it???

And than members like card-shape says, Indian can't live without comparing it with china.

And where the fcuk did you bring India into it???

And than members like card-shape says, Indian can't live without comparing it with china.

cough Cardsharp
Card sharp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cardsharps.jpg

Whatever he says it's a drop in the bucket comparatively and I still maintain that China is a national obsession for India, while the reverse is not true.

Whatever he says it's a drop in the bucket comparatively and I still maintain that China is a national obsession for India, while the reverse is not true.

no problem. you are free to have your opinion, so does everyone else. :pop:

Last edited:
:rofl: Come on China might not be a "rich" country but it sure as heck isnt poor either, time after time members post beautiful images of just how advanced China is, how beautiful and modern some of the cities are. These arent the buildings of a developing country they are the buildings of a country that has arrived.

haze533.jpg

china-world-trade-center-tower-3.jpg

002C597A.jpg

Surely Vassnti you realize not all of China looks like this right?

Give you an example, this is a picture from the city where I was born

P200807060900363231625124.jpg

*ignore the flooding, it was a news picture.

This is more typical of what you will find in China.

Exactly right. :tup:

There are plenty of areas like that in Hong Kong too. Look at some of the less-developed places in "New Territories" for instance.

Outsiders who visit China will usually go to the developed areas of Beijing/Shanghai etc, and assume that the whole country is like that. It's not.

According to TIME, the average family in America have 14 credit cards, which is not really a healthy sign. We don't want to be in either extremes.

^^^^^^

Very nice artist photos. It's a pretty powerful way of bring home how little many people have to make due with.

According to TIME, the average family in America have 14 credit cards, which is not really a healthy sign. We don't want to be in either extremes.

Well, many American families have no concept of saving for a rainy day. It's essentially spend what you got the day you get it, if not worse (ie getting into debt)

Surely Vassnti you realize not all of China looks like this right?

Give you an example, this is a picture from the city where I was born

P200807060900363231625124.jpg

*ignore the flooding, it was a news picture.

This is more typical of what you will find in China.

Yes i do realise all China isnt steel and glass, it would be very sad if it was. China though is powering ahead in leaps and bounds and i dont really think "developing" really applies any longer to a nation that will (if it is not already ) be the second most powerfull and has its eyes firmly on first place.

A side note a few less people where i was born ;)

DSCN0580.JPG

Yes i do realise all China isnt steel and glass, it would be very sad if it was. China though is powering ahead in leaps and bounds and i dont really think "developing" really applies any longer to a nation that will (if it is not already ) be the second most powerfull and has its eyes firmly on first place.

A side note a few less people where i was born ;)

DSCN0580.JPG

Awww it's beautiful, looks a lot like Northern Ontario's lake country.

muskoka+view.jpg

When I have money...

Back
Top Bottom