What's new

China, Austria, New Zealand, Turkey, South Africa & Ireland oppose India NSG

China will oppose but will not veto. China has clearly put the ball in Pakistan's court that it should ensure that China would not be the last man standing. Hence Pakistan has been on a frenzy and making diplomatic calls to ensure at least couple countries would join China.

The message from US have been very clear and all countries except China will come around.

At the end of the day, China would oppose and put forward its argument and extract some concessions but it is not going to veto.
I hope you are right. Lets see what happens on 23rd :)

China will oppose but will not veto. China has clearly put the ball in Pakistan's court that it should ensure that China would not be the last man standing. Hence, Pakistan has been on a frenzy and making diplomatic calls to ensure at least couple of countries would join China.

The message from US have been very clear and all countries except China will come around.

At the end of the day, China would oppose and put forward its argument and extract some concessions but it is not going to veto.

Who cares about being the last man standing? :lol:

(And we are obviously not, if you check the thread title).

We fought the entire United Nations during the Korean War, including the USA + 16 of her allies combined. Compared to that this is a joke, not even worth our time. We'll just veto and forget about it the next day.

We fought the entire United Nations during the Korean War, including the USA + 16 of her allies combined. Compared to that this is a joke, not even worth our time. We'll just veto and forget about it the next day.
We? You do realise you have no say in your government. They will decide according to their benefits. So lets see what GOI offers and what CCP does.

We? You do realise you have no say in your government. They will decide according to their benefits. So lets see what GOI offers and what CCP does.

Except I do. I vote in every general election. :lol:

The Chinese government has already said they will not allow India to enter unless Pakistan does too.

So your chances of entry are about 0%. Since we have veto power. Same with the UNSC.

Last time China got isolated on NSG waiver for India, it caved in, with a single phone call from President Bush.

Last time China got isolated on NSG waiver for India, it caved in, with a single phone call from President Bush.

Wow so India will have no problems then, it will just enter the NSG and the UNSC after begging for a decade? :lol:

Except I do. I vote in every general election. :lol:

The Chinese government has already said they will not allow India to enter unless Pakistan does too.

So your chances of entry are about 0%. Since we have veto power. Same with the UNSC.
Election? You do realise theres no opposition party right? haha!! sure man. No wonder CCP tries hard to shield with firewall. ELECTION IN CHINA :lol:. Now all i have left to see is unicorn

Election? You do realise theres no opposition party right? haha!! sure man. No wonder CCP tries hard to shield with firewall.

I'm from Hong Kong, genius. :lol:

Now keep begging for the NSG and UNSC seat, you've been doing it for over a decade already, can't hurt to keep trying.

A very emotional rant, unworthy of a sensible reply.

Alright then, I'll tell you what you want to hear.

Every country mentioned in the title of this thread is going to immediately change their mind, let India into the NSG, and then let India into the UNSC P5.

Doesn't hurt to dream. India's been having this same dream for over a decade now, and every year they "almost" make it. :P

without USSR support ! of course !

Out of that list, China is actually the easiest one to appease. :lol: Just let in Pakistan as well, and we will drop our objections.

However for Austria/New Zealand/Turkey/South Africa/Ireland/etc. they want you to sign the NPT first... i.e. give up your nuclear weapons.

So good luck with that. :P

Do we have any say regarding Pakistani membership?

If this is not worth your time , then there is no need to give statements every now and then. The fact is China is loosing the favorable opinion in India and this may affect economic and strategic relations.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom