What's new

China and Turkey battle for sales in Pakistani arms fair

BMC is really bad managed, not present in Pakistan and Indonesia, doesn't pay his employees, financial problems despite big projects from SSM.:argh:

@chrome_nova

Could you give us any source about your post ?

both turkey n china are reliable friends of pak so it is gud to see that our dependence on the western equipment is abating.pak also needs to develop relation and strenghten it relation with some other countries which are making progress in defence products like ukraine,brazil,south africa etc.just to have more options in picking the best for our forces.
also we should not be only content with importing weapons ,we should enter with jv n local production of all that we are getting

Those big-azz ballistic glass windows again... poor choice for Pakistan, bad marketing for Turkey

Kaya II and Kirpi, both are high-quality kickass MRAPs with no exports so far. We need better marketing

BTW, what happened to Otokar Kale(castle)?

gview.png

26_208485_725da717f38104b.jpg

Those big-azz ballistic glass windows again... poor choice for Pakistan, bad marketing for Turkey

Kaya II and Kirpi, both are high-quality kickass MRAPs with no exports so far. We need better marketing

Indeed ballistic or not windows are weak points thats why less window and more armor is correct choice.

Indeed ballistic or not windows are weak points thats why less window and more armor is correct choice.

this is not necessarily true, these truck are not meant to take a tank shell to the side, they are suppose to be good against IEDs that explode under you, good modern ballistic glass can take many shots from high powered rifles and even handle small explosions. the large-ish windows in the picture shown is so the soldier in side can have a good view when firing from the gun ports

this is not necessarily true, these truck are not meant to take a tank shell to the side, they are suppose to be good against IEDs that explode under you, good modern ballistic glass can take many shots from high powered rifles and even handle small explosions. the large-ish windows in the picture shown is so the soldier in side can have a good view when firing from the gun ports
I've had this very same arguement with arabs in this forum over al-masmak. Soldiers in the gun ports aren't there to command. They don't have to see the entire fvcking battleground, they just need enough to aim. Even a lighter vehicle with a 50 cal mounted on can approach this and empty the whole ammo belt into the vehicle through windows. I leave the rest to your imagination.

This is the real deal:
BmcKirpi4.jpg

Note that BMC's previous design had those big-azz windows but for some reason they were replaced..

Now kirpi is a combat proven system which already saved lives of countless soldiers.

I guess BMC lost because of bad marketing. in modern world marketing is everything, I don't doubt the products whether Turkish of Chinese are good, but if you can't sell it with words+marketing thenyou can't sell it at all.

Karamehmet is an underhanded person, but from what I see he's trying to keep his companies etc. under his control. which means under turkish control. e.g. Turkcell case against swedish+russian partners.

When doing business I think it's important the we think of matters like these especially in lucrative markets like Turkcell (mobile/communication).

BMC is really badly managed, I can't understand how the didn't yet export Kirpi which is combat proven with very good resistance.

Prototype is in Otokar institute. I think Otokar will not reveal KALE into export market. It was developed to meet the Turkey's MRAP requirement as a rival of BMC Kirpi but SSM surprisingly selected BMC Kirpi without asking Otokar whether KALE program is completed or not. SSM's selection aims to pull a new civilian institute into defence market, While Otokar-FNSS like institutes have already been inside.

DSC01213.jpg

Back
Top Bottom