What's new

China and S. Korea sign joint land-sea transport deal

Brotherhood

Reaction score
China and S. Korea sign joint land-sea transport deal - People's Daily OnlineSeptember 09, 2010

China signed its first joint land and sea transport agreement with the South Korea to cut logistics costs and boost trade.

Under the agreement, semi-trailers loaded with cargo can be shipped between several ports in China and South Korea starting next year. The agreement also allows for trailers to be shipped without giving a specific date for when this would begin.

The joint land and sea service can cut transport time by 3.5 hours and reduce costs by 50 U.S. dollars per container because trailers can be driven directly to customers without unloading and loading, according to the South Korea's Transport Research Institute.

The agreement is expected to increase the transport of fresh vegetables, live fish and products such as glass and electronics.

This year marks the 20th year since the launching of cargo, passenger and container sea transport services between China and South Korea. China has become South Korea's largest trading partner, both as its largest importer and exporter.

By People's Daily Online

People running things in China has more patience than I do apparently. I would have made South Korea grovel after that stunt they pulled that stunt with the Cheonan. Some power play that was, what kind of incompetent idiots runs into a mine and blame it on the NORK's to gain American support?

^^^ Hey but if it was a old north korean mine then NK is still at fault even if it wasn't their intention to sink the ship.

Although the incident happened in SK water so I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom