What's new

China and Pakistan will make a very attractive offer to Egypt regarding the JF-17

Hi,

It is better to train them---.
Hi
mastan sb is it not possible for Egypt to upgrade their f16 with American help and divert Jf17
Funds towards that way or may be taking KSA help to do this excercise now I don’t have an idea
What kind of f16 they have & can be upgraded or not to jf17 standards just a question for you in my mind
Thank you

Hi
mastan sb is it not possible for Egypt to upgrade their f16 with American help and divert Jf17
Funds towards that way or may be taking KSA help to do this excercise now I don’t have an idea
What kind of f16 they have & can be upgraded or not to jf17 standards just a question for you in my mind
Thank you

Its not so much that they need modernization, afterall they operate 220 F-16 of with 180 are c/d variants with at least 20 of those being blk 50/52. The bigger issue is that the US wont release AMRAAM to them. So those F-16s are all wvr. Beyond that they have 20 M2k needed to be replaced (they will get replaced by Rafale) and 70 F-7 to replace still. They were able to afford Rafale by selling Saudia Arabia their services in Yemen, but they are unlikely to ever get the AMRAAM, although with trump, you never know. In order to offset this and the unlikely senario of many more Rafale, they need something in bulk to handle BVR duty. IF EAF wants the thunder, it will be to replace F-7 and possibly A/B variants of the F-16. It will allow for 70-110 BVR capable aircraft thet dont otherwise have access to but they would likely need to be in blk 3 configuration.

This is all however a very big IF. Im not sold on JF-17 going to any arab air force, especially one that is so far in tge US sphere.

Hi
Thank you

Hi,

My comment was regarding training on the JF17---and not giving them pilots---.

Its not so much that they need modernization, afterall they operate 220 F-16 of with 180 are c/d variants with at least 20 of those being blk 50/52. The bigger issue is that the US wont release AMRAAM to them. So those F-16s are all wvr. Beyond that they have 20 M2k needed to be replaced (they will get replaced by Rafale) and 70 F-7 to replace still. They were able to afford Rafale by selling Saudia Arabia their services in Yemen, but they are unlikely to ever get the AMRAAM, although with trump, you never know. In order to offset this and the unlikely senario of many more Rafale, they need something in bulk to handle BVR duty. IF EAF wants the thunder, it will be to replace F-7 and possibly A/B variants of the F-16. It will allow for 70-110 BVR capable aircraft thet dont otherwise have access to but they would likely need to be in blk 3 configuration.

This is all however a very big IF. Im not sold on JF-17 going to any arab air force, especially one that is so far in tge US sphere.
Hi thanks for your detailed reply in lieu of the reply let me ask you couple of more questions
In spite of getting rafale you still think USA won’t be selling them amraam
If not can they exchange their f16 with jf17 and are those capable for Pakistan in terms of
Upgrading Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi thanks for your detailed reply in lieu of the reply let me ask you couple of more questions
In spite of getting rafale you still think USA won’t be selling them amraam
If not can they exchange their f16 with jf17 and are those capable for Pakistan in terms of
Upgrading Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi,

The americans have stopped the french for delivering a missile that has american parts in it---.

I believe it is an air to surface missile---I forgot to copy the news---just came out last week.

Hi,

The americans have stopped the french for delivering a missile that has american parts in it---.

I believe it is an air to surface missile---I forgot to copy the news---just came out last week.
Scalp or "Storm Shadow" Air launched Cruise Missile

Scalp or "Storm Shadow" Air launched Cruise Missile

Hi,

Yes---thank you.

My understanding is that the americans just ordered the French to stop the delivery of SCALP---due to american content---.

It never ends for Egypt---.

Hi,

Yes---thank you.

My understanding is that the americans just ordered the French to stop the delivery of SCALP---due to american content---.

It never ends for Egypt---.
Scalps missiles were already delivered in the past...
But now...The US want to use it as a leverage or "revenge" action...

For what? who knows... Few think they did it "against" the French for X reasons other against Egypt...

Hi so basically f16 for Egypt is like a empty coffin how come they bought so much of them
But without any proper ammunition
Can you also shed some light how are they able to get hold of rafale as USA should or can pressurised the French not to owner the commitment and will they be able to get those missiles
With rafale jets

@MastanKhan @HannibalBarca
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi so basically f16 for Egypt is like a empty coffin how come they bought so much of them
But without any proper ammunition
Can you also shed some light how are they able to get hold of rafale as USA should or can pressurised the French not to owner the commitment and will they be able to get those missiles
With rafale jets

@MastanKhan @HannibalBarca
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi,

The US can only dictate terms with France if it has US parts---. If the Egyptians have not received the scalp yet---then it won't happen unless the US says so---.

That is one reason that the Egyptians must look for a JF17 packaged with Hatf V111 missile---.

The US won't upgrade their F16's---. If you cannot get the BVR and other goodies---what good is the F16---.

It was pretty much useless to begin with---for air to air combat---if I am wrong someone please correct me---.

Hi,

The US can only dictate terms with France if it has US parts---. If the Egyptians have not received the scalp yet---then it won't happen unless the US says so---.

That is one reason that the Egyptians must look for a JF17 packaged with Hatf V111 missile---.

The US won't upgrade their F16's---. If you cannot get the BVR and other goodies---what good is the F16---.

It was pretty much useless to begin with---for air to air combat---if I am wrong someone please correct me---.

And situations like this illustrate why the JF-17 is so valuable.

Countries like Turkey, Iran and Pakistan can not rely on outside powers for supplies of defense wares.

The US is notorious for this type of behavior but even other countries are affected such as France in this case.

Turkey-Pakistan collaboration is key for future security needs for both nations.

Suerly he has no idea that a seasoned pilot is much more expensive then a multi million dollar plane
True!!! India buys expensive aircrafts in large #s, but can't take pilot/ac ratio to more than 0.8!!!!! And, they're teeming with 1.3b clever folks!!!! And, they spend all of their geo-strategic energy on undermining Pak, whose ratio is 2.2!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom