What's new

China and Israel: similar or different? Jerusalem Post

Secondly, all i was saying with deference to Chinese-dragon is, please ask your fellow members to get off the high-horse of morality when talking about the Israelis. I respect his general views on India and Indians and henceforth, i am vanishing into thin air from this Thread.

I have never ONCE said anything negative about the Israelis, check my post history.

So why are you lecturing me about my own country?

If you have a problem with below_freezing, send him a PM, instead of throwing mud on China and trying to get into a pissing contest.

What personal freedoms do I NOT have?

Why don't you tell me?

Would you be able to voice against party if your land is taken away and you get displaced? you could be rich, I mean poor people.

Would you be able to publicly express your hatred towards a particular policy by the party?

If you really enjoy all the freedom, why not ask the party to allow free media to show us the same instead of party mouth piece.

I can go on and on. Where is law in your country? What CCP implementing isn't the law. Do you get to have a trial in your country?

I can go on and on. Where is law in your country? What CCP implementing isn't the law. Do you get to have a trial in your country?

You know absolutely nothing about China, yet you have the gall to call us "ignorant".

I can say absolutely ANYTHING I want against the Chinese Government, check the Hong Kong constitution.

And yes you get a "trial" in China. What a ridiculous question.

You know absolutely nothing about China, yet you have the gall to call us "ignorant".

I can say absolutely ANYTHING I want against the Chinese Government, check the Hong Kong constitution.

And yes you get a "trial" in China. What a ridiculous question.

I didn't say i know more than you about China. I was talking of economics, when he said in India, people are dying of hunger. I am happy for you as China's growth is important for world, but please we are not doing badly either.

Like I said, why not come to India offer to trade democracy with authoritarianism. You would be laughed off the stage.

I didn't say i know more than you about China. I was talking of economics, when he said in India, people are dying of hunger. I am happy for you as China's growth is important for world, but please we are not doing badly either.

I never said that India was doing badly.

In fact... I greatly admire India, and I always have. Ask anyone on this forum what my attitude is towards India, they will tell you I have always favoured China-India friendship.

However, I can not stand the mindless bashing of my country, and I will argue against anyone who attacks my country without having any facts.

China will be a superpower within few years, while Israel may not even exist.

China will be a superpower within few years, while Israel may not even exist.

That's a good point. I tried reading up on the whole Israel Palestine situation and it just makes my head spin. They're having another peace talk but when will they ever learn from history it won't works :no:.

Peace talk is too general a term, and it reflects on half-hearted attempts by both sides. What they should have is a series of narrower more concrete titled talks with defined aims.

People interested in knowing the true story behind Tianmen Square:

This is a link provided by Cardsharp in the not so distant past. I found it to be an excellent documentary and a neutral/academic source on what truly happened in 1989.

Now get back on topic or I will call in a Mod!
:devil::taz::devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not you tell us what happened then? We'll only be able to get information from what is available in public domain. If you are privy to private information why not educate us?

Why is it that Chinese members here think that they are superior because of their economy while ignoring plights of poor and one's personal freedom?

You know, this is the thing I'm irritated about Indians. I hear numerous Indian members tossing around arguments on how their army is completely different from what they were in 1962; it's as if their soldiers have reached enlightenment. But when applied to China in 1989, it's as if China hasn't and likely never will change.

Both are recent historical events, but I don't get how Indians can live with this double standard of how they must be the only ones revolutionizing in this world.

As for the economy, which is what I and my gf major in, there's a solid 18 year distance between the 2. I mean, China's economy is much bigger than all the other BRICS combined while India alone will exceed China in population some time this decade. The improvement in living standards between the 2 countries is completely different. India's population is growing 3 times faster than China with slower economical growth rates. The Chinese are bettering their economy and lives through productivity while India, relatively, is still expanding through population -- something of Mao's methodology...

Last edited:
What happened on June 4th in Tienanmen square was a national tragedy for the Chinese people. BUT it was our tragedy, a family dispute, a squabble between father and son, brother and brother. It had nothing to do with you Indians. Spare me your crocodile tears for the heroic students, they were far from perfect, also spare me your caricatures of evil repressive communist, they were far from the monolithic despots desperate to cling on to power you make them out to be.

Just to illustrate the point. Can any Indian member tell me the significance of this photo?
OB-DR196_tianan_G_20090514110854.jpg

Last edited:
I can't think of two more dissimilar countries, save this: both developed recently and quickly from local subsistence economies with low living standards to diverse international industrialized economies with high living standards. That didn't come about by taking the time for politeness in taxis, or lengthy and elaborate hellos and goodbyes, but by seizing almost every moment with a can-do attitude to improve self and society.

I can't think of two more dissimilar countries, save this: both developed recently and quickly from local subsistence economies with low living standards to diverse international industrialized economies with high living standards. That didn't come about by taking the time for politeness in taxis, or lengthy and elaborate hellos and goodbyes, but by seizing almost every moment with a can-do attitude to improve self and society.

And I'd say that is a lot of similarities :azn:. All depends on the person's POV doesn't it?

Just to illustrate the point. Can any Indian member tell me the significance of this photo?

I really hope that no one calls the photo a PS job and keep on trolling.

Like I said it is probably a stretch to say China and Israel is similar but I have been struck by one thing. Similarities in the relative social position of Jewish in Medieval Europe and the Chinese diaspora in South East Asia.

Both Jews and Chinese were more enterprising and harder working than the native populations of Medieval Europe and SE Asia respectively. Both came to financially dominate the countries they resided in. Both were resented for their success and ethnicity. Both were persecuted and periodically purged by the native population.

Last edited:
My only critic of your post is your use of Maslow's Hierachy of Needs.

Maslow's Hierarchy is rigid enough to box the Biological needs (Food, Air, Water) along with the Physiological needs of ***, excretion and locomotion. So does this mean that if i build a 100 million toilets today and sufficiently Feed and Clothe Indians, but i take away their personal freedom, India can suddenly stand shoulder-to-shoulder with China ?

What an absurd logic!

When you provide sufficient food and clothes, do you have to take away people’s freedom?

I see Chinese people are much freer than Indians in terms of free from starvation and illiteracy, etc.

A country with sufficient basic material needs may not be a healthy country. But a country without sufficient material needs is NEVER a healthy country.

This is pure hogwash of a theory. The Maslow theory is from an individualistic perspective ; A Nation of a Billion people cannot adhere to a Single model of Physiological needs first and then give pedestals to Safety and Love/Belonging.

Funny! Without being free from the threat of starvation, the basic physiological need, how dare you claim people could achieve anything in higher level, such as Safety and Longevity?

You types of people with such a mentality are better executed and sentenced into criminal jail.

No wonder India, a country being democratic for 60+ years but having too many criminals like you who are in denial of natural laws, still has massive malnutrition and horrible illiteracy… :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom