What's new

China All Su-35 news

I still don't get the point of buying SU-35 when China is ready to deploy J-20.
All it does is send a signal that China has no confidence in the J-20.

Stop gap measure.

J-20 is still in the R& D phase. It's a new platform, will take time. Till then what do you do? Very good move by China.

Congratulations!:china:

I don't think China will be "in alliance" with any other country, even with Pakistan. it is in China's policy.

Policy is made by man, not God, it can be changed. Lately, there are a lot of things that have changed in China.

I know my obsession to numbers is maybe not understandable to others, but if You look at this blurred block of numbers it does not look as if it is a 11x3x-pattern that a 6. AR, 2. Division type should have ??

Su-35SK - 25.12.16 - 1.jpg

I know my obsession to numbers is maybe not understandable to others, but if You look at this blurred block of numbers it does not look as if it is a 11x3x-pattern that a 6. AR, 2. Division type should have ??

View attachment 363429

Another notable feature is the Russian-style livery. Are we sure these jets are not for a DACT/aggressor regiment?

Another notable feature is the Russian-style livery. Are we sure these jets are not for a DACT/aggressor regiment?

I'm still inclined to this theory: Explore and develop the use of TVC in aerial combat and to use this bird for DACT/ in a dedicated aggressor regiment ... as such I would have expected something in line of the 175. Brigade FTTC (with 78x6x-serials), maybe as a replacement for this unit's Su-30MKK, but these reports abaout an assignment to the 2. Fighter Division if true is indeed a surprise.

Deino

Can save time of building new aircraft ...

Not really a good excuse this one. China is not in an emergency war situation that it needs aircraft fast.

Whatever the reasons are, China has not done itself any favours by buying SU-35 as it
sends a signal that China may not have faith in it's home grown aircraft. It is bizarre to be
buying a 4th generation fighter when you are just about to induct a 5th generation one.

Not really a good excuse this one. China is not in an emergency war situation that it needs aircraft fast.

Whatever the reasons are, China has not done itself any favours by buying SU-35 as it
sends a signal that China may not have faith in it's home grown aircraft. It is bizarre to be
buying a 4th generation fighter when you are just about to induct a 5th generation one.

It is really funny with what arrogance some here think they are smarter than the PLAAF's headquarter and all their military considerations. I am more than sure the PLAAF leadership have their reasons even if we don't understand or some even like it.

Seems as if a foreiner like me has more faith in the Chinese Air Forces decisions that some genious here. :-)

It is really funny with what arrogance some here think they are smarter than the PLAAF's headquarter and all their military considerations. I am more than sure the PLAAF leadership have their reasons even if we don't understand or some even like it.

Seems as if a foreiner like me has more faith in the Chinese Air Forces decisions that some genious here. :-)

Yes as if "professionals" always know more than enthusiasts!

Plenty of stupid decisions have been made in the
past to know that people paid to do something can
get it wrong from time to time.

Anyway I have made my point and so best move on.

View attachment 363429

The paint scheme this "PLAAF" SU-35 made me ponder, why is it so similar to that of Russian airforce? Is this a psed photo using a original photo of a Russian Airforce SU-35?

Below is a Russian Airforce SU-35.
Sukhoi_Su-35S_Medvedev-1.jpg

Indeed as such a ligit question: how sure we are that this single image is not photoshopped ???
Not that I question the delivery itself, but it's first the serial that puzzles me and also the camo is too much of Russian AF style.

Deino

Last edited:
The Chinese don't even bother to change all manual and label onboard Su-35 to Chinese when Russian kindly proposed to Chinese asking them the need to do it. The Chinese outright reject it.

So You think the CHinese also don't bother to simply adobt the same colour scheme ?

Could indeed be the most simple explanation.

And what do You think about that blurred serial number ? IMO it looks not like a 11x3x-pattern ...

Where u see the U.S building F-22 & F-35, will abandon their F-15 and F-16 aircrafts ? Does Russia building T-50, will abandon their Su-30 & Su-27 ?

Back
Top Bottom