What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Bangladeshi membership here seem affable group overall just like I know of Bangladeshis in real life, I wish them well.

Yes, affable, intelligent and the funniest bunch on PDF.

Nice cover of great BD song, since its chill thread:

Very nice performance. Gave me Braveheart vibes.

@Indos, have a listen.

Ahh the sound of the top floor of Eastern Plaza (hatirpool road) in the early 1990s

So much nostalgia. 90s Dhaka was something else :( Shey din kokhonno ar pabona :(

Faaltu propaganda or a harbinger of things to come? you decide....

Iraq was the first Arab country to recognise BD.

The unjust war imposed upon them in 2003 was the biggest mistake in the 21st century.

Shias played the "oppressed" masses that America needed to justify an invasion... As did the Kurds.

What Sunnis go through in Iraq now is 100x anything Saddam did to Shia dissidents..

Who won in the end ? Iran, the scourge of the Middle East, having lived in the Middle East, I can confidently say that it's Iran who makes peace in the Middle East an impossible prospect.

The unjust war imposed upon them in 2003 was the biggest mistake in the 21st century.

Iraq was one of the tragedies of the 21st century, starting with the invasion of North Korea in 1950 where one million North Koreans were genocided and happening now in Libya, Syria, Venezuela and by Zelensky sitting in Ukraine. All this started with the establishment of the money-spinner and war monger NATO in 1949.

Who won in the end ? Iran, the scourge of the Middle East, having lived in the Middle East, I can confidently say that it's Iran who makes peace in the Middle East an impossible prospect.

While I agree that the mullahs of Iran must go and a progressive truly democratic, welfare-based society governance system replace it, essentially like the Libyan Jamahiriya, it is good that Iran now actively supports the progressive system in Syria against the tens of thousands of NATO proxies in form of Al Qaeda and "Muslim" Brotherhood. My Irani friend and philosophy discussion comrade here, @SalarHaqq, informed me that just before the 2003 Iraq invasion there had started to develop government collaboration between Iran and Iraq. Perhaps that was feared by USA and Britain and they spoiled the relationship through the invasion.

Iran, the scourge of the Middle East,
Regional troublemakers are going ''international'' now. Just cant stay away form conflict

Iraq was mostly free from terrorist attacks , less sectarian violence , no extremist groups etc.
Educated population that had high participation of women in workforce compared to its neighbours. Far from ideal society , although very progressive compared to their neighbours.

Shias played the "oppressed" masses that America needed to justify an invasion... As did the Kurds.

What Sunnis go through in Iraq now is 100x anything Saddam did to Shia dissidents..

Dada why you people hate iran and shias ?

Regional troublemakers are going ''international'' now. Just cant stay away form conflict

Iraq was mostly free from terrorist attacks , less sectarian violence , no extremist groups etc.
Educated population that had high participation of women in workforce compared to its neighbours. Far from ideal, although very progressive compared to their neighbours.

Iraq was the kind of nation that anchors the whole region.. Saudi Arabia will never be able to play that role and hence the current state of affairs.

Bit like how China ensures stability in Asia and counters America interference.

Dada why you people hate iran and shias ?

I don't hate Shias, infact I believe they're being fooled by the mullahs in Iran, the biggest weapon on planet earth is religion..

Once you put yourself in a position to harness it; the people's mind (through religion and faith), there's nothing the people won't do for you.

The mullahs in Tehran have been consistently stroking sectarian violence in the middle east in an effort to deceive their people into thinking that Sunnis are out to get them.

But this is only a fear mongering tactic to keep the local populace fixated on wars and away from the issues at home, issues that could see the people overthrow the mullah regime.

So to answer your question, I don't hate Shias, I don't hate Iran, I hate the mullah regime and what Iran has become under them; the pariah of the region.

Any enemy of peace is the enemy of all of humanity.

Last edited:
Since Middle East is being discussed

I will start .
Middle East as we know was not always like this.
There are two groups of arab countries, one bathist ( who had vestiges of colonial rule ) and other ones carved by major lawrence of UK, aka the Gulf sheiks
Thorought cold war , the sheiks were pro American, but the big 3 aka surriye, iraq and Egypt were major powers
In the region. All soviet allies and anti Israel

After fall of soviets , gradually we see only surriye standing somehow, rest all changed mostly for worse

Iraq was the kind of nation that anchors the whole region.. Saudi Arabia will never be able to play that role and hence the current state of affairs.

Bit like how China ensures stability in Asia and counters America interference.

Iraq was the first Arab country to recognise BD.

He also visited India, india had a oil for food programme when iraq was sanctioned by west

And many small collaborations

The mullahs in Tehran have been consistently stroking sectarian violence in the middle east in an effort to deceive their people into thinking that Sunnis are out to get them.

Sorry to say, but this is simply not accurate. I don't have time right now to expound on this in detail, but a brief advice: please try and research what Iranian officials are actually saying, rather than to rely on what others claim they say.

To that effect, what better starting point than the website of Iran's Supreme Leader in person, seyyed Ali Khamenei (h.A.):
https://khamenei.ir/

On this site, practically all his speeches are being archived in several languages (including English, Urdu and Hindi). Also featured are audio and video recordings of the same speeches (at least on the Farsi version of the site).

Now, I'd challenge you to find one single statement from Iran's Supreme Leader that takes aim at Sunni Muslims. In fact the exact opposite is the case: Imam Khamenei (h.A.) has nothing but praise for Sunni brothers, he happens to be a major promoter of Islamic unity and has condemned in no uncertain terms anyone seeking to cause strife and conflict between these two major denominations of Islam.

As such, seyyed Khamenei (h.A.) is pursuing the anti-sectarian, pan-Islamic policy of his predecessor Imam Khomeini (r.A.), founder of the Islamic Republic.

Concerning Iraq which you mentioned above, first of all Iran was the only country in the region to vigorously condemn the illegal US invasion of that nation in 2003. Where did American troops enter Iraq from? Where did their fighter jets take off from to conduct their bombing raids on Iraq? That's right, from US military bases in Kuwait, Bahrein, Qatar. The destruction of Iraq by the US regime has nothing to do with Iran.

Secondly, from 2003 to 2006, no sectarian clashes were witnessed in Iraq. Guess who started it? Indeed, any and all inter-communal violence in Iraq was triggered by the 2006 bombing of the Al-Askari shrine holy to Shia Muslims, at the hands of the so-called "I"S (precursor to "I"SIS).

This development ran completely counter to Iran's strategy and objectives. Now Iraqis were drawn into inter-communal violence, there was nothing much Iran could do about it other than urging the people of Iraq to concentrate on fighting occupiers and terrorists rather than each other.

Nor does Iran consider "I"SIS as a spokesperson for Sunni Muslims. Like Imam Khamenei (h.A.) stated: those who declare war on other Muslims because of their sect, are neither Shia nor Sunni. Those who claim to be speaking for the Shia while defining Sunnis as enemies are not Shia, and those who claim to represent Sunnis but portray Shia as enemies cannot be considered as Sunnis.

Last edited:
Below you may find some actual declarations of the Iranian Leadership (not propagandistic hearsay) to familiarize yourselves with.

_____

No Shia is allowed to insult Sunnis: Ayatollah Khamenei​

• Sep 20, 2016
On the auspicious occasion of Eid Al-Ghadir, when the Imamate and Wilayah are celebrated, thousands of people from various spheres of life, gathered at the Hussayniyeh of Imam Khomeini (ra) to meet with the Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Khamenei, Tuesday morning, September 20, 2016.

Ayatollah Khamenei congratulated the public on the promising day of Eid al-Ghadir, describing the blessed celebration by using the phrase, "the great divine Eid”. He stated: "The reason such a phrase applies is due to a very important development, realized through the Ghadir event, which is establishing a regulated and organized manner of governing within Islam. This regulation is the Imamate and Wilayah (guardianship) in an Islamic society; it has been announced upon the divine order and through the Prophet of Islam (God’s greeting be upon him and his progeny).”

His Eminence sealed this portion of his speech by stating: “The event of Ghadir is the origin of government regulation within an Islamic society; it reveals that Islam rejects certain forms of governing--from monarchies, to royal, greedy and lavish, as well as arrogant aristocracies--acting upon lust, but the Wilayah and Imamate order.”

Ayatollah Khamenei elaborated on the significance of Ghadir, bringing to mind God’s command to the holy Prophet (pbuh), which holds that complete communication of his prophecy was entwined with communication of the Imamate. He declared the following: “This Islamic belief is based on resolute foundations and irrevocable arguments; however, adherence and expression of this belief must not be coupled with the incitement of our Sunni brothers’ feelings; this goes against the mannerisms of the infallible Imams (as).”

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution, recurrently, put emphasis on the significance of establishing unity among Muslims: making it clear, that any form of insult, projected towards Sunni scholars, would prevent the rational and documented foundations of belief in the Imamate from being heard. Additionally, stating that, " Do not incite emotions of the Sunni community. Some people feel, in order to prove themselves as Shia, they need to insult Sunni figures. This goes against the mannerisms of the infallible imams. The fact, that there are TV stations launched to insult (Sunni figures) well, makes it crystal clear that they are funded by the British Treasury; this is British Shiism. This game, of insults, will have a contrary function. When you insult others, the words of truth won't be heard," and that "Inciting emotions among other branches of Islam, in the name of Shiism, is actually the approach of 'British Shi'ism'--whose outcome would be the emergence of vicious groups and mercenaries from the U.S., and the U.K’s intelligence services, such as ISIS, Al-Nusra Front, and terrorist groups--who have committed multiple crimes and destruction in the region.”

Ayatollah Khamenei described the virtuous, spiritual, as well as humane features of Ima m Ali (as) such as: deep faith, precedence for Islam, devotion and sacrifice for the sake of Islam; sincerity, wisdom and knowledge of God; chivalry, compassion, self-sacrifice and forgiveness. The leader added: “From among other features of Hazrat Ali (as), we can refer to his method of governance, which included: justice and fairness; considering all types of people as equal; avoiding the adornments of the world; prudence, promptness in acting upon his duty; indication, leading the society to piety; and daring to act upon truth and justice.”

The Supreme Leader also advised all Shias to be an adornment for the Progeny of the Prophet (pbut) by following their example, upholding that: “One who gives in to bribery, or seeks from public funds beyond what he deserves, or turns a blind eye to evil, and takes no responsibility for guiding the society, is no adornment for the Islamic establishment and society, he is in fact a disgrace for all Shias.”

Ayatollah Khamenei described, as acceptable, the general movement of the country forward, "thanks to the countless young individuals who work vigorously to revive Islam by applying the religion, these younger generations will bring any enemy--including the U.S. and the Zionist regime--to their knees by the Grace of God,” further adding, "The reason I repeatedly express optimism for the future, in my statements, is the fact that such agreeable realities could push the country forward.”

Finally, his Eminence called on the believing youth, with a strong motive, and those ready to take to the fields of endeavor defending the country by stating: “ This is the motive that would save the country; and thus it needs to be strengthened.”

https://english.khamenei.ir/news/4164/No-Shia-is-allowed-to-insult-Sunnis-Ayatollah-Khamenei

_____

Ayatollah Khamenei’s fatwa: Insulting the Mother of the Faithful Aisha is prohibited​

• Jun 11, 2016
Ayatollah Khamenei issued a decree wherein he prohibited insult towards Aisha, the wife of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and any of the figures and symbols celebrated by Sunni brethren.

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution said, in response to a question on religious matters, “Insulting figures and symbols celebrated by Sunni brethren, including the wife of the Prophet of Islam [Aisha] is prohibited. This includes the wives of all prophets, particularly the master of all prophets Muhammad (May God’s greetings be upon him and his household).

Fatwa (Islamic ruling) declares that insulting the Mother of the Faithful Aisha is forbidden

In response to a question, where he was asked to comment on insult and use of offensive words against the wife of the Prophet (pbuh) Aisha, Ayatollah Khamenei issued the decree (fatwa) against insulting Aisha. The question was posed by a group of Shia scholars and intellectuals of Al-Ahsa region in Saudi Arabia.
The question was brought up after a supposed Shia clergyman, who fled to Britain as a refugee, launched a Television channel with the help of the British government; he used his channel to insult Aisha, the Prophet’s wife: the clergyman falsely described his act as Shia belief.

This is not the only case wherein Ayatollah Khamenei has called insulting Aisha and other Sunni sanctities as haram (religiously forbidden).

Western arrogant powers pay their mercenaries to insult the Mother of the Faithful, Aisha

In a meeting with Shia and Sunni clergy in Kermanshah on October 12, 2011, His Eminence Ayatollah Khamenei said: “Preparation in the outer world is another aspect: The devils that attack us will not always attack with the same strategies. The modern day fiends who attack you through internet, satellite channels and highly advanced tools of communication have modern things to articulate with; their hardware and software have been modernized. They create fallacies. They create ideological problems.

They give rise to intellectual confusion. They promote despair. They foment discord. I have received reports that petro-dollars are being spent, currently, on certain projects to fuel discord. Often these reports are not made available to the public. On the one hand, they are spending huge amounts of money in order to establish anti-Shia groups among Sunni Muslims in certain Islamic countries. On the other hand, they pay certain so-called Shia preachers to insult and level allegations against the Mother of the Faithful, Aisha, in the name of Shia Islam: these are their methods. As Shia or Sunni Muslims, what do you do when you are faced with these methods? Ultimately, we must not be deceived by what they do: discord among us is the greatest blessing for them.”

Insulting the Prophet's wives equals to insulting the Prophet (pbuh)

In a meeting with agents of Sadaf Kowsar Conference, held this year as a tribute to Hazrat Khadija, Ayatollah Khamenei said: “Disrespecting the pure wives of the Prophet (pbuh) should be avoided. The Prophet’s (pbuh) wives are all respectable; anyone who insults any of them has insulted the Prophet. I resolutely declare this offensive. The commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali (pbuh) treated her eminence Aisha in such a respectful manner. He treated a woman, who had come to fight against him, with the utmost respect because she was the Prophet’s wife; otherwise the Commander of the Faithful (as) would not stand on a ceremony with anyone: hence, no such disrespect should ever occur.”

https://english.khamenei.ir/news/39...-s-fatwa-Insulting-the-Mother-of-the-Faithful

_____

The Leader’s View of Unity Between the Shia and the Sunni​

• Aug 21, 2008
Today, one of the main goals of the arrogant powers and the US is to foment discord. And the best way to do so is to foment discord among Shia and Sunni Muslims. You can see what the mercenaries of the arrogant powers say today in regard to the issue of Iraq and what propaganda they spread. They think they can sow the seeds of discord this way. It has been many years that the arrogant powers and the Western expansionist powers have been following such policies. We should stay vigilant against these policies. We should be vigilant at all times and on all fronts. The conflict between the Shia and the Sunni is what the US truly desires.

Muslim nations should stay vigilant and should not underestimate the enemy, its plots, or even its small moves. They should stay vigilant and awake. Today, Islamic nations and governments must get united and develop unanimity among themselves. I deem it necessary to warn our own nation, the Iraqi and Pakistani nations, and other Muslim nations that they need to act against religious conflicts and the conflict between the Shia and the Sunni. Today, I notice some groups who are - through an organized plot - trying to cause splits among Muslims in the name of Shia and Sunni. The massacres that take place, the explosions which happen in mosques and hussayniyyahs and during prayers are undoubtedly organized by the evil Zionists and arrogant powers. Such incidents are not organized by Muslims. We have information which indicates that the Zionists and the mercenaries of the enemies of Islam are either directly or indirectly involved in all the incidents which happen in different parts of the Muslim world - in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and other countries.

Of course, I do not mean to say that Shias should convert to Sunni Islam or Sunnis should convert to Shia Islam. I do not intend to say that all religions should be amalgamated into one religion. Rather, what I intend to say is that Shias and Sunnis should not make scientific efforts only to lend credence to their own beliefs. Making scientific efforts is a very good thing. There is nothing wrong with getting involved in such efforts. There are some people who reject all denominations in order to create unity among Muslims. However, this is not an appropriate solution. The solution is to prove the truth of the existing denominations. The followers of different denominations must continue doing their duties, and they must maintain friendly relations with the followers of other denominations. They ought to write scientific books within scientific settings, not non-scientific ones.

We do not oppose those who can logically prove their arguments. But those who try to foment schism through their words, actions, and plots serve the enemies' interests. Both Sunnis and Shias should stay vigilant against such efforts. Everyone follows his own denomination and shows respect for his beliefs and moral values. This is a right that everyone deserves. However, respect for one's beliefs does not mean that one could offend against others' moral values. We all believe in Islam, the Holy Prophet (s.w.a.), and Kaaba. We all say prayers, go to Hajj, and believe in jihad and Sharia. The matters over which we disagree are much less than those we agree upon. The enemies of Islam are trying to foment schism among Shia and Sunni Muslims not only in Iran, but also in all parts of the Islamic world.

Let me add a point here. You should not consider the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) as a cause for disagreement among Sunni and Shia Muslims - or among the different Islamic sects. The Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) is the cause of unity and not discord among Muslims. Our brothers and sisters from across the country should believe in the fact that the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) is the axis of unity among all Muslims. All Muslims are respectful towards him - whether they are Sunnis or Shias. There was a small group by the name of "Navasib" who were the enemies of the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.). Throughout the history of Islam - both during the era of the Umayyad dynasty and the Abbasid dynasty - there were groups of people who opposed Amir al-Mu'minin (a.s.). But the Majority of those who believe in Islam - both Shia and Sunni Muslims - praise the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.). If you take a look, you will see that the Sunni Imams who were experts in Islamic jurisprudence praised the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) in their poems. Some of the famous poems about Amir al-Mu'minin (a.s.) have been composed by Al-Shafi'i. Al-Shafi'i has praised Imam Ali (a.s.) in his poems. Of course, this is not limited to Imam Ali (a.s.) only. Sunni Imams are respectful towards all the Imams. The high position of these prominent figures is known to us - Shia Muslims.

Unfortunately, there are some people in the Muslim world who are ready to commit any crimes in order to form bonds with the US and other arrogant powers and foment schism among Shia and Sunni Muslims. Today, I can see some people in our neighboring countries who have planned to foment schism among Sunni and Shia Muslims, and followers of other religions, in order to pursue their own interests. Their efforts are aimed at pursuing their illegitimate interests in Muslim countries. We should stay vigilant against such efforts.

Those who provoke Sunni Muslims against the Shia and Shia Muslims against the Sunnis support neither the Shia nor the Sunni. They are opposed to Islam. "Compassionate among themselves" [the Holy Quran 48: 29]. This means that Muslims should act kindly and mercifully towards one another. On the one hand, they advocate "Ghulat" and "Navasib" and say that Shias and Sunnis are enemies - unfortunately some religious fanatics believe such claims - and on the other hand, they tempt Shia Muslims to offend against the moral values and beliefs of the Sunnis. The enemies' plots are aimed at fomenting schism among Sunni and Shia Muslims. The enemies might follow plots which you are unaware of. Therefore, you should be aware of the enemies' plots and identify your enemies at all times. "And certainly thou canst recognize them by the tone of (their) speech." [The Holy Quran 47: 30]. You could even identify your enemies through their words.

We take pride in the fact that our people avoid ethnic quarrels and conflicts where there are ethnic or religious differences in the country, and where there is a possibility for such ethnic conflicts. This is what the enemies do not like. The conflict between Sunni and Shia Muslims is very important to the enemies of Islam. Differences and conflicts among the Islamic Ummah would undermine the spirituality, purity, power, grandeur, and national unity of Muslims, and as it is cited in the Holy Quran: "And [lest] your power depart." [The Holy Quran 8: 46].

One factor that could play a central role in this regard is the holy being of the Prophet (s.w.a.). Muslims and Islamic intellectuals should pay attention to and rely on the character and teachings of the Holy Prophet (s.w.a.) as a focal point.The issue of unity among Muslims should be taken seriously by all Islamic sects - Shias, Sunnis, and followers of different Shia and Sunni sects. Today, Muslims should take the issue of Islamic unity seriously. The meaning of Islamic unity is evident. Unity is a vital need for all Muslims. It is not a trivial matter or a slogan only. All Islamic communities should get united and act as a unified front. Of course, unity is a complex issue. Creating unity is a complex process as well. Unity among Islamic communities means that Muslims should be tolerant of religious differences, the differences in their traditions and ways of life, and the differences in fiqh. Unity among Islamic nations signifies that Muslim nations should act as a unified front in regard to issues related to the Muslim world and assist one another. It also means that Muslim nations should not use their resources against one another.​

_____

Muslims’ unity necessary for realization of new Islamic Civilization​

• Oct 24, 2021

_____

Devilish global policies seek to wage a war between Shia and Sunni: Leader​

• Mar 10, 2016
https://english.khamenei.ir/news/3517/Devilish-global-policies-seek-to-wage-a-war-between-Shia-and

_____

Helping Palestinians and solidarity with Kashmir are among Muslims' key duties​

• Feb 5, 2018
Helping the Palestinian nation and the besieged people of Gaza; sympathy toward and cooperation with the people of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and Kashmir; selfless efforts and resistance against the aggression of the U.S. and the Zionist regime; safeguarding the unity of Muslims: these are great responsibilities that currently rest upon the shoulders of prominent figures of the Islamic Ummah.

https://english.khamenei.ir/news/54...and-solidarity-with-Kashmir-are-among-Muslims

Last edited:
Let me add a few examples of conflicts in which Iran came to the aid of Sunni Muslims:

* Afghanistan under Soviet occupation. Sunni Persian-speakers (Tajik) and other mujahedin were supported by Iran in their fight against Soviet occupiers of their land.

* Afghanistan under US / NATO occupation. Iran backed Taleban factions resisting the Americans.

Death of Mullah Mansoor highlights Taliban's links with Iran

Jon Boone in Islamabad and Saeed Kamali Dehghan in London
Mon 23 May 2016 15.01 BST Last modified on Tue 28 Nov 2017 20.58 GMT

* Bosnian civil war. No other country assisted Bosnian Sunni Muslims as extensively as Iran during the 1992-1995 civil war, including in the military field. Find out more under the following two links:

- - -
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bosnia-genocide-part-2-urgent-warning.735153/post-13554210

Qasem Solemaini and IRGC Quds Force members in Bosnia:

1652094895444-png.842461

* Kurds of Iraq. Iran rushed to supply them with ammunition, intelligence and advisers when nobody else would in the face of "I"SIS's 2014 onslaught.

If Only Qassem Soleimani Were Peshmerga Commander, PUK Official Says

• February, 18, 2020 - 17:49
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...ni-were-peshmerga-commander-puk-official-says 7

- - -

Baghdad, Damascus Owe Freedom to Gen. Soleimani, KRG Politician Says

17 February 2020 | 00:00

* Sudan. Not a direct conflict situation but Iran actually kick-started this Sunni Muslim nation's defence industries under the presidency of Omar Al-Bashir in the 1990's. Production lines for vehicles such as the Safir 4x4 tactical vehicle or the Rakhsh armored personnel carrier were set up by Iranian experts in Sudan.

* Palestine. As a matter of fact over the past couple of decades, while some Muslim states have engaged in normalizing ties with the zionist apartheid regime, Iran has been the only state actor on earth that has had the guts to extend military level support to Palestinian Resistance groups. I believe this is quite well known, so it doesn't warrant further explanations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom