What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

@PoondolotoPandalum an example

After the indian parliament attacks , they moved infantry and armour to the international border. Indicating a conflict on the scale of 65 and 71. Open conflict posed serious threat not just for the region but the entire global economy. what did the yanks do ? first they tried to calm the two sides down. didn't work
next they issued a statement advising American citizens to leave IN and PK , Europeans did the same. This caused a crisis on the economies of both states and they backed down like good little boys. The people in charge will not allow any disruption to the interconnected and globalised economy.

Not all states can be restrained though , Certainly not Russia and countries More Powerful than Russia (there are only two)

I'll just say the Chinese are much wiser, far more organized, and far more competent than the Russians ever were. People debate the cause of the USSR's downfall for 30+ years. Afghan war, Raegen's Star Wars program, Chernobyl, covert CIA operations, economic stagnation. I think all of those were legit factors, but I'd add Corruption and sheer incompetence. Chinese have a system of meritocracy going back perhaps thousand+ years (maybe Chinabro's could correct me). And they have shown great agility, and willingness to innovate and evolve. Russia has not, even in modern Russia.

Why was he banned?

Not him in particular, ii have no idea about him. But I've heard on Bangla news that a lot of students struggled to leave Ukraine as the authorities are banning all physically able (and in some cases not even that) 18-60 yo males from leaving Ukraine. Including ex-pats and international students. Even CNN reported they are subject to punishment should they leave

Excellent overview,

I saw a recent 2019 interview of Gorbachev with the BBC, it is somewhat enlightening. However Gorbachev for one reason or another, keeps from openly criticizing Putin.

Russia needs a buffer state or states, Donetsk, Luhansk, Crimea etc. are either buffers or vital to Russia's influence (Crimea and Naval bases in the Black Sea). You can't start fingering Russian dominance and expect them to stand idly by.

This was a pre-conceived disaster. Ukraine needed to stand neutral and not join NATO. My take for whatever it's worth....

I'll admit, I was quite a staunch Russia fanboy growing up. As I matured (I'm almost 32 now), I've become more nuanced. Back in the 2000s, it was incredibly tempting to see Russia as this potential opposing force to the complete mayhem bought by the Western world. A lot of people, me included, put them on a pedestal. And no one deserves that, not even China, which, for now, I hold in quite a high opinion. There's no guarantee they won't be the victim of hubris one day. You can somewhat see some emergence of that. Even 10 years ago, it was really difficult to find a really arrogant Chinese person. Nowadays, there has been an increase in arrogance and hubris. Not sure how prevalent it is. But after accomplishing so much in so little time, it's naturally tempting to look down on people worse off than you, especially South Asians. Shouldn't be our business anyway. We need to work hard in silence, to the best of our abilities. Our time hasn't come.

As the saying goes: a difficult situation breeds tough men and women. Tough men and women work hard to make things easy for the next generation. The next generations have things too easy. Which breeds weak men and women. This brings about a difficult situation all over again...

Sorry for going on tangents. But RU is far from ideal. I think their role in this century is relegated to being a security partner for China. China's military is arguably more modern than Russia's. China's technology and industry, on the whole (with exceptions like jet engines, or other areas that have no substitute for decades of experience), are more advanced than Russia's/. But China lacks military experience. But post-Soviet Russia has quite a lot. Multiple counter insurgencies in the region, Syrian operations, and now, Ukraine. Though I have no idea how it'll end.

TBH I was pretty shocked when I saw them invade. I thought propping up their puppets in DPR and LPR would be enough. THen i thought illegal deployment of "peacekeepers" to DPR/LPR was enough, as the UA army could not attack them without provoking war. Then, when they finally invaded, I thought they were trying to cut the UA army from moving eastwards to DPR/LNR. But it seems like, they are trying to wack out all of UA's military to either force Zelensky on a table, or overthrow him completely. If it goes into a long-term occupation war, things will get really interesting. Or I should rather say, it'll get really nasty for both sides.

Ukrainian Bayrakter TB-2 are ripping apart Russian logistics and armoured columns

we should get TB-2

Dunno. Others claim TB-2s were wacked out on their bases pre-emptively by RU airstrikes, cruise missiles, and MRBM's. There's no proof of either. But there is a massive information war going on in Twitter. On the balance of probability, it's probably helicopter strikes. Airplanes, according to RU sources aren't much of a problem. But the sporadic appearance of low flying choppers is. Still, RU failed to achieve complete air superiority before sending in their ground offensive, resulting in some very messy battles

The best thing to do is keep off Twitter and wait for the actual results in the end.

Last edited:
ll admit, I was quite a staunch Russia fanboy growing up. As I matured (I'm almost 32 now), I've become more nuanced. Back in the 2000s, it was incredibly tempting to see Russia as this potential opposing force to the complete mayhem bought by the Western world.
ill be honest and say that i bought their anti-imperialist narrative up until 2017-19. But not everything is black and white as it seems. Hope the Ukrainians can repel the invader.

Dunno. Others claim TB-2s were wacked out on their bases pre-emptively by RU airstrikes, cruise missiles, and MRBM's. There's no proof of either. But there is a massive information war going on in Twitter. On the balance of probability, it's probably helicopter strikes. Airplanes, according to RU sources aren't much of a problem. But the sporadic appearance of low flying choppers is. Still, RU failed to achieve complete air superiority before sending in their ground offensive, resulting in some very messy battles

The best thing to do is keep off Twitter and wait for the actual results in the end.

I saw some Pentagon middlin' official guy gloat on record that the US had given the Ukrainian military "enough means" to wipe out Russian advances and columns.

If this is indeed the case, then all Ukrainian cards are not on the table yet. More to come of course. Watch this space.

We all saw Russian Ground attack jets and helis wiped out off the sky with ease...that means some of the US miniaturized munitions like Griffins are working. And of course ATGMs like Javelins against ground targets.

Here's a Griffin overview.

PLAAF is also wielding new smart mini munitions, some hanging off of CH-2 drones and some launched a la stinger. I don't know which one would be a Griffin analog. This is old news, there could be newer developments like the Xiu Jian (Hidden Blade) lightweight multirole missile weapon.

Last edited:
I saw some Pentagon middlin' official guy gloat on record that the US had given the Ukrainian military "enough means" to wipe out Russian advances and columns.

If this is indeed the case, then all Ukrainian cards are not on the table yet. More to come of course. Watch this space.

We all saw Russian Ground attack jets and helis wiped out off the sky with ease...that means some of the US miniaturized munitions like Griffins are working. And of course ATGMs like Javelins against ground targets.
interestingly enough the BA announced that they would get a new ATGM with ToT. I'm hoping the Chinese HJ-12 (fire and forget)
The Javelin Equivalent :devil:
1645975900456.png

interestingly enough the BA announced that they would get a new ATGM with ToT. I'm hoping the Chinese HJ-12 (fire and forget)
The Javelin Equivalent :devil:
View attachment 819317

Excellent news bhai. We need to indigenize local production on these as much as possible. :-)

An ATGM shell costs a fraction of a tank, even the smart ones which can defeat Tank anti-missile measures.

KARAOK atgm from turkey, would be better as it might come with ToT and local production.

KARAOK is the shortest range ATGM in the (in Turkish defence parlance) KMTAS (Short Range Anti-Tank Missile System) Family - similar to US Javelin (Range of 1.6 mi or 2KM).

Ultimately we also might need Medium 4KM and Long Range 8KM missiles, these are also offered by Turkey,

- OMTAS (Medium Range Anti-Tank Missile System like TOW/Kornet - Range of 2.5 mi or 4 KM, which we have and need to indigenize) class. OMTAS (Orta Menzilli Tanksavar Sistemi) (also known as Mızrak-O)[6] is a Turkish medium range anti-tank guided missile developed by Roketsan.[3][4][5] OMTAS is an advanced anti-tank missile system with various types of latest technologies, effective against modern armored threats on the battlefield.[7]. OMTAS is likely to replace current 152 mm BGM-71 TOW and 103 mm MILAN from Turkish service.[2]

- UMTAS (Long Range Anti-Tank Missile System like Hellfire, - Range of 5 mi or 8 KM which we will probably need to import) munitions. UMTAS or Mizrak-U (Uzun Menzilli Tanksavar Sistemi) is a modern long range air-to-surface anti-tank missile developed by Turkish armor and missile manufacturer ROKETSAN.[2][3][4][5][6]

1252px-RoketsanIDEF2015_%289%29.JPG

1440px-Roketsan_display_in_Kyiv_01.jpg

The footage released yesterday of the Bayraktar UAV targeting and destroying two Russian BUK SAM units in Ukraine was I believe using these Mizrak-U units launched from the UAV (last Image above)

If these missiles were modular design that'd be so convenient to indigenize using ToT.

Recently Army ordered 80 units of the ALCOTAN Spanish ATGM. on trial basis I guess. Indonesian and Malaysian Armies use the previous version C-90. Uses Night Vision up to 2000 meters, a HEAT, HE/FRAG or HEDP (dual-purpose) round, has a laser range finder and a ballistic computer as well, usable separately from the canister. Uses a 4" dia Javelin class projectile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom