What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

9D2427ED-8AB2-46D1-B56F-6A17A2C9A590.png

guys, seen this in a recent caspianreport video. How is this division of sea area equal?

Ask the abalchoda founding fathers who were so obsessed with religion that they forgot Andaman Nicober Islands.

BTW, depth of the sea also plays a role in determining boundaries (greater depth, more resources and vice versa).
Bangladesh waters are shallow by comparison to what burma inherited

View attachment 701163
guys, seen this in a recent caspianreport video. How is this division of sea area equal?

Other than what @Destranator bhai said, The Law of the Seas says you have to count 200 miles out from the coast line in 90 degree projection (my understanding). We have a smaller coastline, and that too like an "L", so we lose out vis-a-vis India and Myanmar.

Which does not mean we can't utilize the International portion though (where the horse-castle logo is).

None of this countries (excepting India to some extent) has utilized blue economy to any useful extent. I know Bangladesh hasn't for sure. Our fishing fleet for blue waters (open seas as opposed to territorial seas) is non-existent, for brown water coastal use is also limited to maybe a dozen or two small trawlers with freezer hatches (these go out for seven day fishing trips and are based in Chittagong). Hopefully we should have Matarbari and Payra added to these lists as bases for fishing fleets.

Thai and Myanmarese (not to say Indian) trawlers are having a field day fishing in Int'l waters and also our territorial waters, taking away all our marine fish catches. That is part of the reason to deploy a large Coast Guard force, Navy shouldn't be doing this sort of policing.
Bangladesh waters are shallow by comparison to what burma inherited

The waters are shallow near the coastline and then it drops off much deeper. Shallower part is called the continental shelf.

Continental_shelf_definition.jpg

Other than what @Destranator bhai said, The Law of the Seas says you have to count 200 miles out from the coast line in 90 degree projection (my understanding). We have a smaller coastline, and that too like an "L", so we lose out vis-a-vis India and Myanmar.

Which does not mean we can't utilize the International portion though (where the horse-castle logo is).

None of this countries (excepting India to some extent) has utilized blue economy to any useful extent. I know Bangladesh hasn't for sure. Our fishing fleet for blue waters (open seas as opposed to territorial seas) is non-existent, for brown water coastal use is also limited to maybe a dozen or two small trawlers with freezer hatches (these go out for seven day fishing trips and are based in Chittagong). Hopefully we should have Matarbari and Payra added to these lists as bases for fishing fleets.

Thai and Myanmarese (not to say Indian) trawlers are having a field day fishing in Int'l waters and also our territorial waters, taking away all our marine fish catches. That is part of the reason to deploy a large Coast Guard force, Navy shouldn't be doing this sort of policing.

The waters are shallow near the coastline and then it drops off much deeper. Shallower part is called the continental shelf.

Continental_shelf_definition.jpg
can anyone search for hydrocarbons in extended continental shelf? i know they can in international waters only with permission

Shallow-waters doesn't mean low diversity or low density of stock. Instead it is the opposite, as most livestock density and diversity are concentrated near the coast. Much of the open seas, far from the coast are actually wet deserts, i.e. of little value as fishing grounds.

QQ%25E6%2588%25AA%25E5%259B%25BE20150213143938.png

can anyone search for hydrocarbons in extended continental shelf? i know they can in international waters only with permission

Continental shelfs are typically within territorial waters, so yes, hydrocarbon exploration typically takes place there, I'd say within twenty miles or so (five miles or closer is more common) of the shoreline, which means laying seabed pipe to the shore to transfer extracted crude oil is a lot easier.

Any further out, then you have to invest in North Seas type massive floating tethered oil rigs (in deep water) or jacked up platform rigs built on the seafloor (in shallow water), which are quite a bit larger and more complex than what we have off the Bangladesh coastal gas blocks. North sea floating oil rigs are in deep territorial waters (typically sea is 200 meter or so deep where they are placed), but these float using huge underwater sponsons (my understanding). See below.

Shown below are the newly discovered fields in the UK and adjoining countries.

North-Sea-Oil-and-Gas-Fields.jpg

Typical Deep Sea oil rig off the Scottish Coast
north-sea-oil-rig.jpg

This is Exxon's Marine 700 semisubmersible drilling rig below, the empty sponsons act as support barges when the rig is underway, but at location, they are filled with sea water to submerge them partially, and they are then tethered to the seafloor using strong permanent anchors.

iu

Ha ha ha that first woman in bridal garb is nuts! :lol:

Alligators are unbelievably swift when catching pray, meaning lightning fast in their lunge.

Crazy woman!

lol take a shower and bleach that midnight black skin of your. Seriously, when I see a bonglo I'm reminded of the indigenous africans we Punjabis conquered.

NepalEagint_wb.jpg

images

Gross

images

Is that doyalbaba's mama? Looks like a servant we used to have in India. Lol @HttpError bonglos look like naukers!
Typical North Indian trash,

As its not our language,it's not allowed here.If someone want's to talk Urdu he/she is free to go to other Urdu speaking threads.

@Arya Desa don't try to spread hate speech again,you are reported.The rule is simple, if you don't like Bengali peoples here,don't come here!

@Doyalbaba those pictures are funny.But you shouldn't bash anyone so hard! ;)

Hear hear. Let's lay off the personal and racial attacks.

I got a question for y'all , do you guys think Bangladesh will become a developed country by 2040 ?

Hell no, 2060-70 if we meet economic goals every year for the next 20 years

I'll be happy if we're in Thailand and possibly China/Malaysia's GDP rate (somewhere around $10,000 per capita, nominal not PPP) by 2040, but I reckon it'd take us at least 2045 or even 2050 to realistically get there.

I do hope I'm proven wrong however, and we achieve those GDP per capita earlier than those dates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom