What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

SAK going ballistic at Bangladesh being called 'Poor'....
That's just SAK/Ashiq in a nutshell: bombastic statements and unparalleled strawmanning to mask insecurities about Bangladesh's state of affairs, be that poverty or stalemate in air force modernisation.
The Lebanese twitter account merely stated an objective fact; Our post-BBS inflation GNI of USD 2000 does not qualify us as a "wealthy" state by any economic yardstick.

That's just SAK/Ashiq in a nutshell: bombastic statements and unparalleled strawmanning to mask insecurities about Bangladesh's state of affairs, be that poverty or stalemate in air force modernisation.
The twitter account mentioned an objective fact: our post-BBS inflation GNI of USD 2000 does not qualify us as a "wealthy" state by any economic yardstick.

I like how he omitted the per capita income of both the nations in question.

There can be no comparison without taking GDP (nominal) per capita into account.

Lebanese are 5 times as rich as Bangladeshis.

Lebanese I know look 10x richer than they actually are, these people spend alot on their exhibitionist lifestyle.

Indeed, The Lebanese know how to dress to Impress.

Beirut isn't called the 'Paris' of the Middle East for nothing.

SAK going ballistic at Bangladesh being called 'Poor'....

SAK has something up his butt about Arab folks. :lol:

Assistance is always given with humanitarian gesture in times of disaster. Doesn't matter who is rich or poor.

Main point is we cannot correct Lebanese attitudes about Bangladesh until things change overseas. With a million plus Bangladeshis there (mostly unskilled such as maids and laborers) what else are they going to think of us?

However in the US/EU there is definitely intermarriage between upper middle class Pakistanis and Bangladeshis with Lebanese folks.

When we stop sending our destitute people overseas to earn money and remittance (maybe change the situation to highly paid skilled laborers such as electricians, plumbers and preferably engineers/doctors), then we will gain the respect SAK is clamoring for.

We should also create solid living-wage jobs for these unskilled and semi-skilled people at home. With 100 SEZ's in the offing and a dozen going online in less than a couple of years, things will change rather soon.

I like how he omitted the per capita income of both the nations in question.

There can be no comparison without taking GDP (nominal) per capita into account.

Lebanese are 5 times as rich as Bangladeshis.

Lebanese I know look 10x richer than they actually are, these people spend alot on their exhibitionist lifestyle.

Indeed, The Lebanese know how to dress to Impress.

Beirut isn't called the 'Paris' of the Middle East for nothing.
SAK has something up his butt about Arab folks. :lol:

Assistance is always given with humanitarian gesture in times of disaster. Doesn't matter who is rich or poor.

Main point is we cannot correct Lebanese attitudes about Bangladesh until things change overseas. With a million plus Bangladeshis there (mostly unskilled such as maids and laborers) what else are they going to think of us?

However in the US/EU there is definitely intermarriage between upper middle class Pakistanis and Bangladeshis with Lebanese folks.

When we stop sending our destitute people overseas to earn money and remittance (maybe change the situation to highly paid skilled laborers such as electricians, plumbers and preferably engineers/doctors), then we will gain the respect SAK is clamoring for.

We should also create solid living-wage jobs for these unskilled and semi-skilled people at home. With 100 SEZ's in the offing and a dozen going online in less than a couple of years, things will change rather soon.

General Lebanese mindset notwithstanding, I do not think the tweet in question came from a place of malice but rather from appreciation of an impoverished nation coming to aid of another country and yet not getting due appreciation from the international media. SAK somehow managed to misconstrue it as an insult.

His mind is probably stuck in the utopia he has created for himself where BD is a superpower thanks to BAF's imaginary procurement spree of fighter jets encompassing Su-30s, Su-35s, Super Hornets, MiG-35s, J-10Cs, EFTs, etc..

Last edited:
DAC-->CXB flights now running thrice daily.

116779972_3175517669223074_7261494428462808759_o.jpg

DAC-->CXB flights now running daily

116779972_3175517669223074_7261494428462808759_o.jpg

CTG and CXB airports need to be expanded, services improved and their array of amenities needs to be increased.

Let's discount CXB for a while, it isn't a international airport but CTG is and it's condition is not great.

Especially on the amenities side, it's very lacking, people crowd outside the arrivals gate and so on.

Government must do something about it.

CTG also has an unmistakably dingy vibe, but then that's the theme with Chittagong, the neglected sister of pampered Dhaka.

Apart from GEC circle, Patenga port road, Airport highway and Khulshi/Foyslake area Chittagong city lacks good roads.

Compared to Dhaka where the entire upscale and middle class areas have decent roads.

More needs to be done for Chittagong, a lot more.

Unfortunately, the government is more busy with trying to fix Dhaka, which is a cesspool beyond fixing.

CTG and CXB airports need to be expanded, services improved and their array of amenities needs to be increased.

Let's discount CXB for a while, it isn't a international airport but CTG is and it's condition is not great.

Especially on the amenities side, it's very lacking, people crowd outside the arrivals gate and so on.

Government must do something about it.

CTG also has an unmistakably dingy vibe, but then that's the theme with Chittagong, the neglected sister of pampered Dhaka.

Apart from GEC circle, Patenga port road, Airport highway and Khulshi/Foyslake area Chittagong city lacks good roads.

Compared to Dhaka where the entire upscale and middle class areas have decent roads.

More needs to be done for Chittagong, a lot more.

Unfortunately, the government is more busy with trying to fix Dhaka, which is a cesspool beyond fixing.

All of Bangladesh is a cesspool. Slowly but surely, things are progressing I feel. Chittagong's time will come as well.

All industrial countries have gone though this stage, including Korea and Taiwan. Same story.

Thanks Brother...now you know where your tea comes from.

Bhai, I would really like for you to read this thread, specifically my exchange with the user you just called 'Brother'.

Screenshot_20200813-233519.png

The mods have cleaned up the more vile comments but many openly racist comments still remain.

Please read this thread - https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/list...ors-in-the-offing.680104/page-3#post-12621330

I would stop short of using the endearing term 'brother' for a racist bigot such as that user.

I haven't reported most of those posts so they don't get deleted. I have done this for the benefit of other Bengalis who hold a misconception that they're our brothers.

Call me a cynic but Bengalis have no brothers, we only have ourselves.

We are the piñata of the region, even those with half our education and per capita income call us 'Bhikari'.

In Chittagonian, we say lathi Khattol, literally the katal that gets kicked around for no reason. @gom poa you familiar with this expression ?

Bangladeshis have only other Bangladeshi to back them up, and of course the nice people of West Bengal (nice ones not the superiority complex clowns).

We Bengalis will never get respect from these people, they are brought up this way, to look down on Bengalis.

I doesn't matter to me really, I have seen enough of the world to know that in the real world out there, PDF big mouths are mice, while Bangladeshis are well respected in the west as a law abiding community that doesn't have a propensity to explode.

Bengalis may cheat other Bengalis but they will never hate you for what you are, they will not feel angry towards your continued existence.

Nature has a strange way of righting wrongs, that's all I'll say.

Dear Deshi brothers, don't respond to the haters.

Remember but one thing, when they decided to make us the target of their mindless hatred, they inevitably harmed themselves.

I take great pride in knowing the fact that our continued success is their failure, that some racist Bengali hater somewhere is muttering to himself how he wants Bangladeshis to suffer and wither and yet to his dismay we don't.

So we must proceed onward, for every step we take in the right direction, every inch we cover in the long path towards success is one more inch in the increasing long list of things to rue for them.

Last edited:
Bhai, I would really like for you to read this thread, specifically my exchange with the user you just called 'Brother'.

View attachment 660864

The mods have cleaned up the more vile comments but many openly racist comments still remain.

Please read this thread - https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/list...ors-in-the-offing.680104/page-3#post-12621330

I would stop short of using the endearing term 'brother' for a racist bigot such as that user.

I haven't reported most of those posts so they don't get deleted. I have done this for the benefit of other Bengalis who hold a misconception that they're our brothers.

Call me a cynic but Bengalis have no brothers, we only have ourselves.

We are the piñata of the region, even those with half our education and per capita income call us 'Bhikari'.

In Chittagonian, we say lathi Khattol, literally the katal that gets kicked around for no reason. @gom poa you familiar with this expression ?

Bangladeshis have only other Bangladeshi to back them up, and of course the nice people of West Bengal (nice ones not the superiority complex clowns).

We Bengalis will never get respect from these people, they are brought up this way, to look down on Bengalis.

I doesn't matter to me really, I have seen enough of the world to know that in the real world out there, PDF big mouths are mice, while Bangladeshis are well respected in the west as a law abiding community that doesn't have a propensity to explode.

I know some folks may say all sorts of things when they get mad. But later they will repent inwardly (but not express it outwardly because of huge ego). No need to waste time with folks like that. They are responsible for their irresponsible behavior and will pay eventually.

Not every citizen of every global entity have their mentality and feet planted firmly and practically on the ground. The world is not perfect and neither are these folks. We don't seek or demand respect from all and sundry. Only our friends and business allies matter. Whom we should choose carefully as a nation.

We should surround ourselves with productive development partners (like China) and folks who are proven change-makers. Not exploiters and 'Faida-Uthanewala' looters.

The reason some trolls in PDF have a sore point about Bangladesh is propaganda in their country. Some don't care about Bangladesh either way. We should be fine with both.

We are in a mission to change hearts and minds with our behavior, that may be the only option. But only with those who can HELP us develop.

Better that you be the saner, morally taller person and a responsible advocate and ambassador of your proud nation. If you see abusive posters, "ignore" them and report them. No need to engage them. They will never see you return any posts.

If someone wants to call us names as Bangladeshis, let them. Does that change facts on the ground in our country or in our daily lives? It only makes them look less than spectacular publicly. Facts are facts. We are what we are and deciders of our own destiny. Dogs Bark but the caravan moves on.

If a vicious animal bites you, there is no logic to bite them back. Just extricate yourself out of the situation with dignity, hold your head high and move on. As an individual, your ethnicity is uniquely you, part of your DNA descriptor. There are no apologies needed, nor any need to bring yourself down to the level of these malcontent people.

Hope you don't mind my little rant...

Last edited:
Right, so calling the jamati shill out has put me on the receiving end of 2 warning points and 2 soft warnings in under a week, Time to get banned, I suppose.

Time to join @Black_cats.

@Bilal9 @Michael Corleone @Atlas just a heads-up for you brothers; don't argue with that guy, he will report you and probably make up lies on GHQ about how you are an Indian agent.

Right, so calling the jamati shill out has put me on the receiving end of 2 warning points and 2 soft warnings in under a week, Time to get banned, I suppose.

@Bilal9 @Michael Corleone @Atlas just a heads-up for you brothers; don't argue with that guy, he will report you and probably make up lies on GHQ about how you are an Indian agent.
Idunes magi? Nah it’s fine he knows not to mess with me

I generally don't talk to him you Know brother. It's just waste of time and mind replying someone who tag everyone as BAL cheerleader and indian stooge who does not agree with him ,lol.

Don't mess with him before your warning points expire. If you can ignore his rant completely , it's very easy to live.

If all of us can ignore his posts , he will be neutralized automatically.

Or you can be tricky when reply to him. Just don't give him the chance to complain. It's better to counter him with cool head THB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom