What's new

Chief of Naval Staff Discloses New Procurements: Shallow Water Attack Submarines, MALE UAVs & a new Helicopter Fleet

India has:
1 aircraft carrier
1 amphibious transport dock
8 Landing ship tanks
10 destroyers
13 frigates,
1 nuclear-powered attack submarine
2 Nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine
15 conventionally powered attack submarines
23 corvettes
7 Landing Craft Utility
10 large offshore patrol vessels
4 fleet tankers

So we have some catching up to do.
Our coastal defences are plenty enough to deal with that. My point is that our expansion seems not to be India specific, but to actively project power across thousands of miles of sea.

India has:
1 aircraft carrier
1 amphibious transport dock
8 Landing ship tanks
10 destroyers
13 frigates,
1 nuclear-powered attack submarine
2 Nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine
15 conventionally powered attack submarines
23 corvettes
7 Landing Craft Utility
10 large offshore patrol vessels
4 fleet tankers

So we have some catching up to do.
This is over estimated strength for example, 23 corvettes are mainly big facm. Some frigates and destroyers are old junk

2nd strike capability, and full spectrum deterrence..........nuff said.
That's what capability Pakistan is seeking to achieve. But the biggest question is in what capacity it will be achieved?
Is housing short range sea launched cruise missiles in diesel electric subs the complete answer?
I don't think so. At best, it will give sea based nuclear strike capability, a stop gap measure. For assured sea borne second and third strike capability with massive destructive potential, nuclear propulsion with longer range missiles and more missile payload are essential. (3,4 SSGN/SSBN units). I hope, in longer run, we will develop such capability.

That's what capability Pakistan is seeking to achieve. But the biggest question is in what capacity it will be achieved?
Is housing short range sea launched cruise missiles in diesel electric subs the complete answer?
I don't think so. At best, it will give sea based nuclear strike capability, a stop gap measure. For assured sea borne second and third strike capability with massive destructive potential, nuclear propulsion with longer range missiles and more missile payload are essential. (3,4 SSGN/SSBN units). I hope, in longer run, we will develop such capability.

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Cost of Nuclear subs prohibitive (at this time). Nuclear subs in general also louder and easier to find. Countries with more resources such as israel feel diesel electric sub with cruise missiles is enough of a deterrent. Multiple Deisel sub with AIP sitting in the Indian ocean with cruise missiles is an absolute nightmare for India - especially if we can increase the range of those missiles.

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Cost of Nuclear subs prohibitive (at this time). Nuclear subs in general also louder and easier to find. Countries with more resources such as israel feel diesel electric sub with cruise missiles is enough of a deterrent. Multiple Deisel sub with AIP sitting in the Indian ocean with cruise missiles is an absolute nightmare for India - especially if we can increase the range of those missiles.

it is not.. SSBN type 94 cost is twice of Yuan 41. it depends on what u want..

A limited second strike capability already achieved, target is to have ballistic missiles and long range cruise missiles with an "assured" second and third strike capability.

A limited second strike capability already achieved, target is to have ballistic missiles and long range cruise missiles with an "assured" second and third strike capability.
Not just for nuclear strikes but also for conventional strikes on all Indian cities in south and also on top.

Countries with more resources such as israel feel diesel electric sub with cruise missiles is enough of a deterrent. Multiple Deisel sub with AIP sitting in the Indian ocean with cruise missiles is an absolute nightmare for India - especially if we can increase the range of those missiles.
Israel sits in what is basically a jumped up Great lake, ie the narrow waters of the Med. And has weak navies to contend with.
We have a whole damn ocean to deal with.
And strong enemy forces.
Our attack submarines need to be used for other duties.
No, a few boomers are needed.

Not just for nuclear strikes but also for conventional strikes on all Indian cities in south and also on top.

I think that the PAF has no reason to fly deep into enemy territory anymore, long range strikes will be conducted by stealth drones and pgms with long range, including Babur, Raad and REK type weapons.

I think that the PAF has no reason to fly deep into enemy territory anymore, long range strikes will be conducted by stealth drones and pgms with long range, including Babur, Raad and REK type weapons.
I was not talking about PAF Sir. I was talking about heavy Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines carrying 1600 KM range Cruise Missiles for strikes in Indian cities.

I was not talking about PAF Sir. I was talking about heavy Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines carrying 1600 KM range Cruise Missiles for strikes in Indian cities.

Watch this space..........the PAF and the Navy are going to go big, the Army will also develop, but the other two are gonna go.........

Back
Top Bottom