What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
f60e24a41b951c7618191b1f25c558c8.jpg

General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff saluting after laying wreath at the Australian Army War Memorial.

Why is there a sticker pasted on top of kiyani's body ? :disagree: can't see him I thought it was a mysterious orb flying in middle, we get it the picture belongs to APP can they possibly make the sticker a bit smaller

Pak, Australia armed forces cooperation to be enhanced

PakAustraliaarmedforcescooperationtobeenhanced_13241.jpg

Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani called on Australian Defence Minister, John Faulkner in Canberra, and discussed the matters of mutual interest. According to military spokesperson, the Chief of Army Staff laid wreath at the Australian Army War Memorial.
General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani who is in Australia on an official visit, would hold meetings with Australian Chief of Defence and other high officials.
According to Australian media, Australian Defence Minister, John Faulkner has praised sacrifices rendered by Pakistani Army and Security Forces.
He said that Australia values the role rendered by Pakistani Army to eliminate terrorism from the region and to ensure security.
The Australian Defence Minister during the meeting said that his country would enhance cooperation with Pakistan against terrorism and in other sectors.
Latest situation in Afghanistan, policy to talk with Taliban and other issues pertaining to regional security were also come under discussion during the meeting.Both Pakistan and Australia agreed to further enhance closed cooperation between armed forces of both the countries.

COAS calls on Australian defence officials

RAWALPINDI, Jul 9 (APP): Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, who is on an official visit to Australia, participated in the Special Chiefs of Services Committee meeting on Friday.The COAS was specially invited to this meeting, normally attended by the Australian Services Chiefs.

He also called on Air Chief Marshal Allan Grant (Angus) Housten, Chief of the Defence Forces, Ian Watt, Secretary Defence and various other military officials and discussed with them matters of professional interest.

The Australian Chief of Defence Forces later hosted a dinner at his residence in the honour of the General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani and his delegation.

7a30d51d32565281468d3523dc7df932.jpg

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani who is on an official visit talking with senior officials.

Hussain, the defense studies professor, said the army's projects are too small in scale to have a significant impact on the population of more than 7 million and are located outside areas where grievances and related instability are the highest — a problem the U.S. has grappled with in Afghanistan.

Mr Hussain probably forgot that it is not Army's (primary) responsibility to bring prosperity to Balochistan, the provincial govt is the first stake holder and thus the one responsibility for the development, the central govt, ofcourse needs to buckle up too.

Army is doing it out of goodwill and no one has the right to 'measure' the effort. Period.

He said if the Pakistani government really wants to resolve the Baluchistan issue, it needs to follow through on its reform promises and begin a political dialogue with the insurgents that addresses human rights violations by the security services.

They (he) need to prove and establish the fact first. Talking to insurgents would not be the problem, but then conceding to their propaganda (missing persons etc) would not be an option either.

P.S. Sir Fat, i would request you to please post all the three beautiful articles in that Chamalang thread too, or may be you want me to quote your posts there?

Hussain, the defense studies professor, said the army's projects are too small in scale to have a significant impact on the population of more than 7 million and are located outside areas where grievances and related instability are the highest — a problem the U.S. has grappled with in Afghanistan.

Mr Hussain probably forgot that it is not Army's (primary) responsibility to bring prosperity to Balochistan, the provincial govt is the first stake holder and thus the one responsibility for the development, the central govt, ofcourse needs to buckle up too.

Army is doing it out of goodwill and no one has the right to 'measure' the effort. Period.

He said if the Pakistani government really wants to resolve the Baluchistan issue, it needs to follow through on its reform promises and begin a political dialogue with the insurgents that addresses human rights violations by the security services.

They (he) need to prove and establish the fact first. Talking to insurgents would not be the problem, but then conceding to their propaganda (missing persons etc) would not be an option either.

P.S. Sir Fat, i would request you to please post all the three beautiful articles in that Chamalang thread too, or may be you want me to quote your posts there?

sirjee aap to lagta hai naraz ho gai hain!

my intention is not to 'de-fame' the army, on the contrary since this was a project inaugurated by the CoAS himself, i felt it was appropiate to post them under this thread. however i have no objection to them being moved by the admin/mods to the Chamalang thread u have suggested.

cheers!:cheers:

sirjee aap to lagta hai naraz ho gai hain!

my intention is not to 'de-fame' the army, on the contrary since this was a project inaugurated by the CoAS himself, i felt it was appropiate to post them under this thread. however i have no objection to them being moved by the admin/mods to the Chamalang thread u have suggested.

cheers!:cheers:

Sir, first of all i would request you to not to call me sir, because you are the one entitled to it, not me, i am no one.

Second, i am not naraz with you, not at all, it is the writers that bother me. Seriously, since the three articles that you have posted i have been made to believe that these people have the quality and specialty to find out the 'bad' side out of an utter optimistic fact. Really, that surprises me.

They would start with uncalled for criticism and then would tone it down by 'praising' the Army, which indeed is difficult to mask as the hard work done on ground by the Army is known to all.

As for your posting of these articles here in this thread, well i never had issues with it, you are absolutely right in posting them here as they have a direct connection with the COAS, i only requested that these may please also be posted in that thread as they also bore shades of that story. i never asked them to be 'moved' there, instead you can re-post them there or just post them there as a quote - a better option as then these could be automatically linked back to this thread also.

P.S. These articles favour the Army more as they try to 'defame' it. :)

Sir, first of all i would request you to not to call me sir, because you are the one entitled to it, not me, i am no one.

Second, i am not naraz with you, not at all, it is the writers that bother me. Seriously, since the three articles that you have posted i have been made to believe that these people have the quality and specialty to find out the 'bad' side out of an utter optimistic fact. Really, that surprises me.

They would start with uncalled for criticism and then would tone it down by 'praising' the Army, which indeed is difficult to mask as the hard work done on ground by the Army is known to all.

As for your posting of these articles here in this thread, well i never had issues with it, you are absolutely right in posting them here as they have a direct connection with the COAS, i only requested that these may please also be posted in that thread as they also bore shades of that story. i never asked them to be 'moved' there, instead you can re-post them there or just post them there as a quote - a better option as then these could be automatically linked back to this thread also.

P.S. These articles favour the Army more as they try to 'defame' it. :)

i have been branded cut and paste by many on this forum. however my objective is to trigger debate bcuz that is why we r all here - i support the army as much as u do or anyone else but once again this project illustrates the futility of this civilian govt and then these writers start talking abt the army interfering in civilian affairs.

Dated: July 9, 2010
Rawalpindi - July 9, 2010:

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, who is on an official visit to Australia, co-chaired the Pak-Australia Security Dialogue along with Air Chief Marshal Allan Grant (Angus) Houston, Chief of Defence Forces, yesterday. The dialogue, attended by senior civil and military officials from both countries, is being held to explore avenues of cooperation between the two countries in the security domain.

COAS also delivered a talk on ‘Strategic Stability in South Asia’ at the senior hierarchy of Australian Defence and other security departments of Australian Government.

2049.jpg

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, who is on an official visit to Australia, talking with senior officials of Australia. (9-7-2010) - Photo ISPR​

Press Release
No PR259/2010-ISPR Dated: July 9, 2010
Rawalpindi - July 9, 2010:

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, who is on an official visit to Australia, participated in the Special Chiefs of Services Committee meeting. The COAS was specially invited to this meeting normally attended by Australian Service Chiefs.

He also called on Air Chief Marshal Allan Grant (Angus) Houston, Chief of Defence Forces, Mr Ian Watt, Secretary Defence and various other military officials and discussed with them the matters of professional interest.
Australian Chief of Defence Forces later hosted a dinner at his residence in the honour of General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and his delegation.

2047.jpg

General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff , who is on an official visit to Australia, reviewing the Guard of Honour being presented by the Australian Defence Forces Contingent . (9-7-2010) – Photo ISPR

2048.jpg

General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff, who is on an official visit to Australia, group photographed with Australian Defence Forces Commanders.(9-7-2010) – Photo ISPR​

COAS returns home after Australian visit

LAHORE: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani has reached home after his official visit to Australia, a private TV channel reported on Sunday.

According to a statement issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), during his five-day visit, the COAS called on the Australian defence officials - including Defence Forces chief Air Chief Marshal Allan Grant Angus Houston, Defence Secretary Ian Watt and various other military officials - and discussed matters of professional interest, the channel reported.

The COAS also called on Australian Defence Minister John Faulkner and discussed matters of mutual interest. Earlier, he laid a floral wreath at the Australian Army War Memorial, the channel reported. daily times monitor

Press Release

Petreaus Calls On COAS Gen Kayani

No PR262/2010-ISPR Dated: July 12, 20

Rawalpindi - July 12, 2010: General David Petraeus, Commander International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan, called on Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani at General Headquarters today. It was his first visit to Pakistan after assuming command of ISAF.

Both military commanders discussed the matters of professional interest and expressed satisfaction over the level of cooperation between the two forces.
image_viewer.asp

Petraeus praises Pakistan in surprise visit

By SEBASTIAN ABBOT (AP)

ISLAMABAD — U.S. Gen. David Petraeus lauded Pakistan's efforts at battling Islamist militants Monday during his first visit here since taking over as top NATO commander in Afghanistan this month.

But he avoided public mention of the complicated tug of war between the two countries over the presence in Pakistan's border regions of militants launching attacks against NATO troops in Afghanistan.

Pakistan is embroiled in military operations against Pakistani Taliban fighters in its volatile northwest. One of Petraeus's main challenges as NATO commander will be to try to persuade Pakistan to also turn its sights toward Afghan Taliban based in the Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal areas.

Pakistan has been wracked by a series of deadly attacks in the past two weeks that have killed nearly 150 people. Violence is also rising in Afghanistan. June was the deadliest month for international forces there since the start of the war nearly nine years ago.

"Recent events demonstrate both the common threat posed to Pakistan and Afghanistan by insurgents and the efforts that the Pakistan military are making to counter this threat," Petraeus said in a statement after meeting with Pakistani army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

"I look forward to continuing to work with General Kayani to identify areas of mutual interest and to cooperate in efforts that can help improve regional security," he said.

Petraeus was previously serving as the head of the U.S. military's Central Command, which oversees the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and visited Pakistan several times in that capacity. He took over in Afghanistan after Gen. Stanley McChrystal was forced to resign over comments he and his aides made to Rolling Stone magazine critical of the Obama administration.

Pakistan indispensable in war on terror: Petraeus

ISLAMABAD: American commander for Nato and International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) in Afghanistan General David Petraeus on Monday said that success against militants was not possible without Pakistan’s collaboration.

According to military sources, General Petraeus arrived in Pakistan today and met with the Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani at the GHQ.

The officials exchanged views regarding the conditions in Afghanistan and the ongoing operations against militants inside Pakistan.

During the meeting, General Kayani said Pakistan wants peace and stability in the region and said that the country would fully cooperate in this regard.

General David Petraeus said that for effective operations and success against militants in Afghanistan, Pakistan’s support is indispensable.

Separately, US Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W. Patterson met with General Kayani at the GHQ on completion of her term as America’s envoy to Pakistan. — DawnNews

ISI DG briefs MPs on defence

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Director General Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha on Monday briefed parliamentarians on matters related to defence and the on-going war against terrorism.

According to sources, the DG briefed the parliamentarians on Pakistan's defence cooperation with China and other countries. He informed them about the recent meetings between Pakistan and the US on defence as part of the strategic dialogue. Lt Gen Pasha also discussed in detail the recent consequences of the on-going war against terrorism. He appreciated local tribal elders of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for supporting the Pakistan Army.

Separately, a meeting of the Senate Standing Committee on Defence and Defence Production was held at the Parliament House, presided over by Lt Gen (r) Javed Ashraf Qazi.

Gen. Petraeus calls on Gen. Kayani

ISLAMABAD, Jul 12 (APP): Commander of International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan General David Petraeus called on Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani at General Headquarters on Monday. It was his first visit to Pakistan after assuming command of the ISAF.

Both the military commanders discussed matters of professional interest and expressed satisfaction over the level of cooperation between the two forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom