new integrated electronic warfare (EW) system... Check
three-axis fly-by-wire (FBW)... Check

IRST?????? Where's IRST? didn't saw any IRST in Block II as well

EORD-31 IRST??
1437399566-2392584365.jpg

p1639491.jpg

600x450_AARO5AKR4T8E0001.jpg

Last edited:
You sure? Grippen is too advanced.. have more range and can carry more payload..

In BVR combats payload does not matter much, the one to get the lock on first will shoot the first missile and leave the Area .. if JF is carrying 4 BVR with a 120+ KM AESA radar and detect Gripen , by the time gripen will know JF was there there will be a Missile on it tail . JF with a AESA , HOB's and IRST , with 4 BVR is more than capable to beat Su-30 or Gripen ..

jf18-png.446053

Wider Pilot Cabin will allow integration of bigger LCD screen etc

cubde.jpg

JF18 is a certainly interesting prospect , beyond Block 3 , this gives us the instant boost

Hmm JF18 hmm that would be Juicy Enhancement :cheesy:

VkrBxN7.jpg

Some Juice from WS-10 engines , now being made in Pakistan and Twin Configuration JF18 now that is what I am talking about

Purchase of WS-10 production right , to be made is Pakistan is a first step and then Pakistan should design the twin Engine central body inside Pakistan

Last edited:
To make a radically better plane, scale it up a bit; keep it single engine, but switch from the rd-93/ws-13 to the ws-10/ws-15 engine that will power the J-20
It will make the plane finally what it needs to be; in the class of the F-35 for only marginally bigger size; its TWR will be on par with modern Fighters, and will leave room for growth over the service life of the aircraft

Reports from Chinese news sources indicate that Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group (CAIG) reached a major milestone in the development of the JF-17 Thunder Block-III – i.e. entering the “preliminary design stage.

Guys. Sorry. But I am really unable to comprehend this sentence. if they are entering preliminary design stage NOW, when would we get the plane? 2030?? Because by bold part it sounds as if the project has just the drawing board ... or there is something else I am not seeing. Thanks.

Guys. Sorry. But I am really unable to comprehend this sentence. if they are entering preliminary design stage NOW, when would we get the plane? 2030?? Because by bold part it sounds as if the project has just the drawing board ... or there is something else I am not seeing. Thanks.
“preliminary design stage” based on the already proven design of the JF-17 Block 2.. in other words “preliminary modifications design stage

Basically they are back to the drawing board and considering all the technologies that have become available since the first FC-1 flew in 2003. 15 years later, These engineers can redesign the JF-17 to hold up to the challenges its operators look to be encountering over the coming decades. AESA, Modern EW, and IRST, good TWR ratio, better man machine interface via Wide MFD and HMS/HMD, increased use of composities, modern datalinks to coordinate fighter as a group, and modern weapons. besides all this, the aircrafts RCS needs to be reduced to give it a chance to gain a tactical advantage over adversary forces, and all of this at an "affordable" price.

this is the time they should go back to the design studies done by the US, Russians, and Europeans, such as the McDonnell Douglass JSF design and the Russian LMFS, and the Swedish Flygsystem 2020. Learn from their designs and build a decent fighter that can hold its own against any aircraft if used in the right way, because the PAF or other operators maybe faced with the best of the best, and no one cares that the other aircraft is in a different weight class. kills are not "graded" on a curve.

Don

Why are u going so back
Morden days war will not be so long . M not talking about jets under bunkers .
I m talking about jf17 against f15 typhoon Rafale. Bakre ki ma kab tak kher manayegi
Ya u can change your obsolete jets ...

With a being obsolete jet

Independence day celebration pic
Yr super jf17 always remains in sky not come on earth

See the truk
Hahaha do u hv this kind of truck ..

Serious answer to you is, that war against typhoon rafale and f15 would be fought at standoff ranges in a network centric environment, for which JF17 is well capable. Kindly review your own experts who have declared so called made in india (Dassault abandoned design, less capable export Mirage copy) LCA as obsolete and 20 years behind. No wonder Ajit Duval get blackmailed by French to buy Rafale...and now begging others to give you a single engine aircraft. So is every DRDO program, a total failure, Arjun, Akash and everything else. Its easy to buy radars from Poland and call them Rohini. You can still be the child that you are, or look at your own country.

Serious answer to you is, that war against typhoon rafale and f15 would be fought at standoff ranges in a network centric environment, for which JF17 is well capable. Kindly review your own experts who have declared so called made in india (Dassault abandoned design, less capable export Mirage copy) LCA as obsolete and 20 years behind. No wonder Ajit Duval get blackmailed by French to buy Rafale...and now begging others to give you a single engine aircraft. So is every DRDO program, a total failure, Arjun, Akash and everything else. Its easy to buy radars from Poland and call them Rohini. You can still be the child that you are, or look at your own country.
leave those ignorant and deluded Indian```

my circle doesnt have much infos regarding JF-17's future upgrades as a whole, but few of its subsystems I know that are quite awesome in the category of its own.

Its radar and EW system are very effective if not most to its peer````However, there are bottlenecks that confinds its capability, namely: air-frame, power plant and most importantly the budget``````

as you said, modern air-combat is executed in a network centric combat system, a plan is acting as a panel point in the system. An inferior plane can out run a superior plane if its environment awareness is well supported by the system. So to PAF's prior requirement to JF-17 is to be an effective executor in its air-combat system. But when condition is allowed, why not to have better radar, engine and EW system? :lol: ```

ps```KLJ-7A achieved 170KM maximum detection range to a tipical 5㎡ target under TWS mode``````in test, it can detect, track and lock before J-11A can track it, and fire SD-10x/y/z before it can lock and fire R-77 at it`````and its EW system is a derivative from our 5th gen project`````
one more``` not long ago the WS-19 medium thrust engine has been incorporated into two projects that were strictly classified````!!!`````WS-19 max thrust 6T, afterburn 10T```slightly better performance parameter to EJ200`````I hope one of the classified projects were JF-17III````finger crossed``

Back
Top Bottom