What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

IMO, Russia has no incentive to supply engines to the J-20 program and sabotage their own PAK FA sales and market share. Moreover, a China armed with large numbers of J-20 might actually become a national security threat to Russia's Pacific interests in the long run.

I believe the J-20 is NOT using the WS-10 or any derivative of the WS-10.

I believe China has reverse engineered the AL-31FN family and created that black engine.

I can't prove anything.

IMO, Russia has no incentive to supply engines to the J-20 program and sabotage their own PAK FA sales and market share. Moreover, a China armed with large numbers of J-20 might actually become a national security threat to Russia's Pacific interests in the long run.

I believe the J-20 is NOT using the WS-10 or any derivative of the WS-10.

I believe China has reverse engineered the AL-31FN family and created that black engine.

I can't prove anything.

J-20 is only for PLAAF not for export . only J-31 is for export .

2101 with standard AL-31FN Series 3
al31fn series 2.JPG

Unmarked LRIP J-20 with mysterious 'black AL-31'
black al31.JPG

Both photos are low res and taken from a distance.

Use your eyes and decide.

2101 with standard AL-31FN Series 3
View attachment 337988

Unmarked LRIP J-20 with mysterious 'black AL-31'
View attachment 337989

Both photos are low res and taken from a distance.

Use your eyes and decide.

IMO they are both design and these minor details showing the pedals in one image clearer and in another one not is only depending light and probably flight hours since with each time these engines use the convergent/divergent mechanism the better the intersections become visible.

IMO they look exactly like on the other painted LRIP bird but maybe only less prominent ...

J-20A LRIP - 8.7.16 parts.jpg
J-20A LRIP - 3.7.16 said to be 2103 or 2104.jpg

Honestly, why should the just change the type or version of engine right in the middle of LRIP-series ??

Deino

IMO they are both design and these minor details showing the pedals in one image clearer and in another one not is only depending light and probably flight hours since with each time these engines use the convergent/divergent mechanism the better the intersections become visible.

IMO they look exactly like on the other painted LRIP bird but maybe only less prominent ...

Honestly, why should the just change the type or version of engine right in the middle of LRIP-series ??

Deino

Because the 'black AL-31' is most likely interchangeable with the AL-31FN Series 3.

They already tested it on prototypes 2016 and 2017, remember?
black 1.jpg

black 2.jpg

We also have close up photos of the standard AL-31FN Series 3 on 2101.
al31fn series 3.JPG

They are clearly different.

Because the 'black AL-31' is most likely interchangeable with the AL-31FN Series 3.
They are clearly different.

I would even go so far to assume, they are in fact AL-31FN Series 3 or a special version of them !
Remember the silver coated exhausts that after some wear and tear of use got their coatings flaking off ? ... these silver coatings were followed later - after the typical standard exhaust-pedals were used for some time - by these strange black ones and again the longer these engines were used, the more clearly You can see the individual pedals and intersections. Again, my conclusion (maybe call it guesswork !) is that these engines are in fact all the same but for a special coatings on the pedals.

But these are just my 2 cents .... some would surely assume this to be a special version of a still secret WS-34 since I'm only a stupid foreigner ! :devil:

Deino

What is the benefit of reverse engineering AL-31 than using WS10?
Deception! :enjoy:
I would even go so far to assume, they are in fact AL-31FN Series 3 or a special version of them !
Remember the silver coated exhausts that after some wear and tear of use got their coatings flaking off ? ... these silver coatings were followed later - after the typical standard exhaust-pedals were used for some time - by these strange black ones and again the longer these engines were used, the more clearly You can see the individual pedals and intersections. Again, my conclusion (maybe call it guesswork !) is that these engines are in fact all the same but for a special coatings on the pedals.

But these are just my 2 cents .... some would surely assume this to be a special version of a still secret WS-34 since I'm only a stupid foreigner ! :devil:

Deino
Indeed :enjoy:

chill guys, WS-15 shall make its appearance on the J-20A and when that happens, we can consider the 6 years Su-35 deal myth officially debunked.

Any proof for Your claim ??

Ähh Sorry, how could I forget, Beast never proofs anything, he simply "knows" ...
You yourself claim you yourself are stupid foreigner. Now asking me for proof? :lol:

You want me to re quote your previous post to refresh your memory?

You yourself claim you yourself are stupid foreigner. Now asking me for proof? :lol:

You want me to re quote your previous post to refresh your memory?

Since You are not even able to remember Your own quotes nor interested in the truth, I think the best way is to leave You. May the future decide on who’s right and who’s wrong, but it seems as if You are not really interested in facts.

I’m still waiting for a reasonable answer where are all the now 100 J-10B/C if they are not operational? … where was the Y-20 during the recent Aviadarts exercise ? … why should a WS-10 look like an AL-31 ? and whatever Your chest-bumping fan-boy blabla …

Anyway, at least here we have the freedom of speech and You can post whatever You like without any proof …but that does not change facts.

End at least from my side…

Deino

Since You are not even able to remember Your own quotes nor interested in the truth, I think the best way is to leave You. May the future decide on who’s right and who’s wrong, but it seems as if You are not really interested in facts.

I’m still waiting for a reasonable answer where are all the now 100 J-10B/C if they are not operational? … where was the Y-20 during the recent Aviadarts exercise ? … why should a WS-10 look like an AL-31 ? and whatever Your chest-bumping fan-boy blabla …

Anyway, at least here we have the freedom of speech and You can post whatever You like without any proof …but that does not change facts.

End at least from my side…

Deino

Guys like Beast, ChineseTiger1986, J20blackdragon, cirr, cnleio, etc know their stuff.

I wouldn't just dismiss their claims just because it doesn't fit your Western narrative.

It's never wise to reveal sources. But they know their stuff and their information is accurate.

Guys like Beast, ChineseTiger1986, J20blackdragon, cirr, cnleio, etc know their stuff.

I wouldn't just dismiss their claims just because it doesn't fit your Western narrative.

It's never wise to reveal sources. But they know their stuff and their information is accurate.

atually guys, if u have read Deino's posts on Sinodefence or even here- u will be able to analyse and conclude that his position is neutral on and has even on occasions- defended Chinese military aviation industries.

Take note im a Chinese myself and this is just my honest observation.

Any proof for Your claim ??

Ähh Sorry, how could I forget, Beast never proofs anything, he simply "knows" ...

Well, please just stop here. You know that Beast is only an ordinary poster. He's no expert. So let him be. Just don't prolong this matter any longer. It will be counter productive to this thread

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom