What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

The gun is still a fail safe ... in the Vietnam War, they too thought the era of gun battles were over initially. There is always a chance that the aircraft will come within visual range, and then what would you do? What you're saying is like not purchasing car insurance because you don't think you will get into an accident. Besides, Yankee said there was a dedicated gunport so it shouldn't come as a surprise.
If you're getting into dogfights with a stealth jet, you're doing it wrong. On top of that, the reliability of missiles are magnitude better than the Vietnam war era, which was half a century ago. To sum it up:

为什么战斗机要狗斗?因为我有超机动

错!因为你傻

If you're getting into dogfights with a stealth jet, you're doing it wrong. On top of that, the reliability of missiles are magnitude better than the Vietnam war era, which was half a century ago. To sum it up:

为什么战斗机要狗斗?因为我有超机动

错!因为你傻
How can you guarantee a stealth fight will not evolve into a WVR fight? It's not like the J-20 is just going up against 4th generation fighters where it can easily shoot down from very far away. But either way, I don't see what is the use of debating this when Yankee already said there was a reserved gunport on the J-20.

How can you guarantee a stealth fight will not evolve into a WVR fight? It's not like the J-20 is just going up against 4th generation fighters where it can easily shoot down from very far away. But either way, I don't see what is the use of debating this when Yankee already said there was a reserved gunport on the J-20.
You have the most sophisticated sensors (radar, IR, optical) on the planet, and missiles (PL-10) that can be cued using HMD. Somehow you're still going to risk a high value asset by trying to get into a WWII style gunfight. On top of that you're using 50 year old experience that no longer applies today.

Yankee has been wrong a lot before, so take it with a grain of salt. I rather leave out the gun and save some space/weight for future upgrades.

:cheesy:
006qOL3aly1gm81yu4c70j30yi22o4li.jpg

Via @四川地产界高层 from Weibo

Why they leave out gun for F-35B?
Vietnam war is 50 years old battle. Tell me ,how many aircraft shot down by aircraft gun in gulf war 1 or last 40 years old air battle?

Insulted Other Member/Nationality
Now y'all understand why I hammered that uneducated dishonest turk right from the beginning. :-) Don't take that thing seriously, just hammer that thing and have some fun with it.

Last edited:
First initially J-20 fitted with AL-31FN engine, i don't guess what engine in J-20, @LKJ86 just only post pics of J-20 without any explanations, if i asked a question about Engine of J20 in particular pic, you have the any problem for my query, if you have don't answer me, nobody have any problem to gives my answer except you troll

Ignore that false flag. The engine in newer J-20 seems to be using WS-10 with saw nozzle. Similar to prototypes flying the engine in tests like prototype 2021 in the past.

1609567374752.png

From 2017 2018

... back to about 10 years ago only initial prototypes of J20 were equipped with russian engine because our engine was NOT ready yet back then; after year of 2011 to 2012, we fit J20 with our engine; since then, we evolve our engine with J20; ...

That's wrong, there was NO change in engines at that time and the first J-20A with a new engine - aka that WS-10 variant most often known as the WS-10C - was no. 2021 which was unveiled in late 2017.

As such, STOP with these ridiculous claims or prove it.

That's wrong, there was NO change in engines at that time and the first J-20A with a new engine - aka that WS-10 variant most often known as the WS-10C - was no. 2021 which was unveiled in late 2017.
As such, STOP with these ridiculous claims or prove it.
could be later a bit since I remember slightly
as I along this thread almost 10 years

Back
Top Bottom