What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

New J-20 can supercruise ,better than Typhoon. Data sharing and situation awareness improve a lot compare to previous batch.

J-16 is good but not as good as J-20. Price is half or less than J-20.

FC-31 new version will be more than just upgrade. From sensor and data sharing will be a level up.

J-10 is definitely one of the best 3th(4th gen western) fighter.
J-10D will have improve range and more weapon payload increase.

Any guess, when we will see the new FC-31 variant (aka J-35) and even more the J-10D?

You don't answer my question, how can J-20 save itself from rest of the enemy when all its missiles ammunitions expired????

I'm back after being banned by deino just for sharing history on how China obtained military technology & reverse engineer.

If J-20 doesn't have a gun and not intended to have 1, then it will turn around and go full throttle leaving the danger zone before getting into visual range of enemy fighters. If turned around before getting less than 10Nm is fine but if it's dogfight range, it could be risky as the AESA and IR seeker from enemy fighters could track the J-20 under 5 Nm.

funny. when you have gun, you already lost 1 missile or 2. Gun is heavy, occupy a big chunk of space.
Any space and weight is precious, you have to balance your options, and think how to take the maximum usage of those space and weight.
Everything comes a cost. You carry a gun, lose space and weight for more air to air missiles in the first place.

F-35 can not do super cruise for good reasons. Bulky body, very limited space for weapon bay.

I stop here, mod @Deino will delete our meaningless discussion anyway.

It seems you are quite new to jet design.

That is not a good excuse for not having a gun. F-22 has internal gun, no issue, same goes to F-15, F-16, F/A-18E, they all have guns, M-61A1/A2 with 475 to 600 rounds of 20mm.

You can turn around and flee after launching all missiles if you're on the offensive but in most situations, bogeys would somehow get past detection sometimes and appear out of no where or they just get too close during air engagement. In Iraq Operation Desert Storm, despite US having AWACS, tactical satellite view and fighters with large radars on air patrol, Iraqi's fighters sometimes managed to slip through and jump on friendlies forcing to dogfight. If you got into enemy's rear below 0.5/0.8nm, you can't use IR guided missile and have to switch to gun.

In Vietnam war, F-4B that ran out of missiles could flee if its squadron and friendlies outnumbered enemy fighters. If outnumbered or same, friendlies busy engaging enemy fighters in dogfight, your last missile missed and you tried to flee, the MIG would get to your tail and start shooting. Sometimes it's another Mig that was trying to get to F-4's tail while that F-4 trying to get to a Mig's tail. Numbers of fighters being shot down while trying to flee due to out of missiles and low on fuel. North Vietnam best fighter pilot died while fleeing in his Mig-17 due to low on fuel and has no ejection seat. Also when friendlies in danger of being shot down with enemy fighters trying to get to their tails, you ran out of missile, you could still switch to gun to save them. No gun, they won't make it back alive.

I'm back after being banned by deino just for sharing history on how China obtained military technology & reverse engineer.

If J-20 doesn't have a gun and not intended to have 1, then it will turn around and go full throttle leaving the danger zone before getting into visual range of enemy fighters. If turned around before getting less than 10Nm is fine but if it's dogfight range, it could be risky as the AESA and IR seeker from enemy fighters could track the J-20 under 5 Nm.

And I promise You if you once again insult others - which was the main reason for the ban - and repeatedly post endless off-topic post, I will do it again!

That is not a good excuse for not having a gun. F-22 has internal gun, no issue, same goes to F-15, F-16, F/A-18E, they all have guns, M-61A1/A2 with 475 to 600 rounds of 20mm.

You can turn around and flee after launching all missiles if you're on the offensive but in most situations, bogeys would somehow get past detection sometimes and appear out of no where or they just get too close during air engagement. In Iraq Operation Desert Storm, despite US having AWACS, tactical satellite view and fighters with large radars on air patrol, Iraqi's fighters sometimes managed to slip through and jump on friendlies forcing to dogfight. If you got into enemy's rear below 0.5/0.8nm, you can't use IR guided missile and have to switch to gun.

In Vietnam war, F-4B that ran out of missiles could flee if its squadron and friendlies outnumbered enemy fighters. If outnumbered or same, friendlies busy engaging enemy fighters in dogfight, your last missile missed and you tried to flee, the MIG would get to your tail and start shooting. Sometimes it's another Mig that was trying to get to F-4's tail while that F-4 trying to get to a Mig's tail. Numbers of fighters being shot down while trying to flee due to out of missiles and low on fuel. North Vietnam best fighter pilot died while fleeing in his Mig-17 due to low on fuel and has no ejection seat. Also when friendlies in danger of being shot down with enemy fighters trying to get to their tails, you ran out of missile, you could still switch to gun to save them. No gun, they won't make it back alive.

So with these two posts, which are useless to the J-20 discussion but only an historical lecture You are already close as one can only get to your next vacation!

And I promise You if you once again insult others - which was the main reason for the ban - and repeatedly post endless off-topic post, I will do it again!

So with these two posts, which are useless to the J-20 discussion but only an historical lecture You are already close as one can only get to your next vacation!

What is your occupation in reality world? Whether it's military or business world, you ignore history completely without bother to identify mistakes, you're likely to repeat the same thing in history. J-20 is designed and made out of past war involving fighters. What is irrelevant? I'm in the army, the strategists studied war tactics in the past taken from combat in my country, neighboring and others especially guerilla and urban warfare on how not to get killed and win. You want to say irrelevant? J-20 is made to counter world's largest military, don't assume they don't look into all these.

What is your occupation in reality world? Whether it's military or business world, you ignore history completely without bother to identify mistakes, you're likely to repeat the same thing in history. J-20 is designed and made out of past war involving fighters. What is irrelevant? I'm in the army, the strategists studied war tactics in the past taken from combat in my country, neighboring and others especially guerilla and urban warfare on how not to get killed and win. You want to say irrelevant? J-20 is made to counter world's largest military, don't assume they don't look into all these.

Yes it is irrelevant since neither a long story about the F-4 Phanton nor what type carries what gun is relevant and especially the J-20 and a gun or not is irrelevant since in modern warfare - esp. aerial warfare - the J-20 will not be used for "guerilla and urban warfare ". :crazy:

The problem therefore is that You post stuff that is irrelevant, in endless long lecture-like posts and even after a kind reminder to come back to the topic you don't stop. :hitwall:

As such STOP it or you are out.

J-20 engine is not ready lol..

And what is this? ... even if it is not yet the desired WS-15, it is already a working engine and at least more of an indigenous engine than Turkey will have within the next 10 years.

So much on lol. :smitten:

J-20A + WS-10B - 20191229 - 2.jpg
J-20A + WS-10B - 20191229 - 2 part.JPG

J-20 engine is not ready lol..

I'm not sure if you are a real new Turkish member or one of the numerous shameless false flag Indians pretending to be one and tried to incite hatred and stir the pot. So, I don't want to insult the Turkish here and fell in the trap.

For your troll comment. The next generation WS-15 engine for future J-20 upgrade is not ready yet. But is very close. Mean while, China already using domestic engines WS-10 variant on J-20. That's better than 99.9% of the countries including India who can't made their own bullets.:p:

Yes it is irrelevant since neither a long story about the F-4 Phanton nor what type carries what gun is relevant and especially the J-20 and a gun or not is irrelevant since in modern warfare - esp. aerial warfare - the J-20 will not be used for "guerilla and urban warfare ". :crazy:

The problem therefore is that You post stuff that is irrelevant, in endless long lecture-like posts and even after a kind reminder to come back to the topic you don't stop. :hitwall:

As such STOP it or you are out.

There numbers of F-22, F-35, F/A-18E/F, F-16C/D/V, F-15C/E deployed to China theater combined in worst case scenario are outnumbering China modern comparable fighters so most likely J-20 would have to score more kills coz enemies aren't going to let fly home rearm and refuel. Same goes to real assault case, you fall down, your assailant won't wait for you to get up but pounce on you and keep beating and it's over for you if you can't do floor fighting. Out of missile, the gun is your chance to kill the last enemy fighter or when your missile doesn't work on F-22/35.

[QUOTE = "jaybird, gönderi: 12861327, üye: 189124"]
Gerçekten yeni bir Türk üye misiniz, yoksa sayısız utanmaz sahte bayraklı Kızılderililerden biri gibi davranıp nefreti kışkırtmaya ve potu karıştırmaya çalıştığınızda emin değilim. Yani burada Türklere hakaret edip tuzağa düşmek istemiyorum.

Trol yorumunuz için. Gelecekteki J-20 yükseltmesi için gelecek nesil WS-15 motoru henüz hazır değil. Ama çok yakın. Bu arada, Çin zaten J-20'de WS-10 modelini yerli motor kullanıyor. Bu, Hindistan dahil kendi mermilerini yapamayan ülkelerin% 99,9'undan daha iyi.: p:
[/ALINTI]

t I'm a Turk, don't worry. I just said my opinion and it was correct :)

Back
Top Bottom