What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

If China wants to build an aircraft equipped with heavy artillery like the A-10, I support. But integrating gun on the J-20, I'm not sure

I don't think gun is needed in the first place. It's 21 century, Air to Air missile is way better than gun.
J-20 is not designed for ground attack.
I still don't see this though. Otherwise, why would China place so much resources into an operational TVC for the J-20? If the plan was just to rely on AAM, they would definitely not choose this route, going with something like the F-35. The current PLAAF doctrine I think is using AAMs as the mainstay but having a backup option in the form of a cannon. Even Yankeesama says the later production variants will hold a gun and that there is a place reserved on the J-20 for this.
If China wants to build an aircraft equipped with heavy artillery like the A-10, I support. But integrating gun on the J-20, I'm not sure
With the J-16, I highly doubt the PLAAF will be going for an A-10 like aircraft anytime soon. Especially since the A-10 is not a very versatile aircraft these days ... after all, it was designed for basically the sole purpose of decimating huge Soviet armored columns in Europe.

害,要我我就跟他说美国跟俄罗斯牛逼不就完了?虽然有点无聊但是来来回回嘴炮杠精看起来更= =?话说你们不觉得那个德国人有点像间谍吗?大家各种踊跃提供情报😅

So you have different tactics than western and Russian counterparts
It might be shoot and scoot tactics at bvr arena???
1. AAMs have become much more mature than ever before.
2. When all AAMs have been spent, why would you choose dog fights by using gun, instead of leaving the battle?
3. After having fired all available bullets, would you suggest that the pilots should use a handgun in cockpit?
timg.jpg

1. AAMs have become much more mature than ever before.
2. When all AAMs have been spent, why would you choose dog fights by using gun, instead of leaving the battle?
3. After having fired all available bullets, would you suggest that the pilots should use a handgun in cockpit?
View attachment 692263
And for the rest of the enemy in the air???

Any summary?
New J-20 can supercruise ,better than Typhoon. Data sharing and situation awareness improve a lot compare to previous batch.

J-16 is good but not as good as J-20. Price is half or less than J-20.

FC-31 new version will be more than just upgrade. From sensor and data sharing will be a level up.

J-10 is definitely one of the best 3th(4th gen western) fighter.
J-10D will have improve range and more weapon payload increase.

you still avoiding my main question, J-20 have a storage of 6-8 AAMs in its WEAPON BAYS if we can assume that 4 AAMs are on the wings for non stealthy missions thats makes 10-12 AAMs , IF J-20 could expand all these AAMs so how can J-20 defend itself from rest of the enemy

sorry dude you have no logic and knowledge of military tactics and strategies

I remember an old time when I played the supposedly Jet Fighter Simulator game, but actually more arcade than a simulation. As the game let you, a single pilot with single fighter fight the whole enemy elements in the battlefield.

I don't think a real war work like that. J-20 won't sortie alone. There should be another elements in the battlefield. In some posts that I read, J-20 will sortie with a bunch of J-16, PLAAF Missiles truck. With today level of data-link capability of PLA, Even with 6 - 8 missiles in each J-20 will be enough for an engagement. Because her job is not only to deliver missiles and kill the enemy, but also can become a "playmaker" on the field.

If you say that 6 - 8 missiles for J-20 is not enough, then what about the 4 missiles for F-35? Do you think that F-35 is way more superior in dog fight against excellent 4th generation of fighters out there? Why don't let the expensive 5th generation fighters to do her job with her superior stealth and radar technology and let cheaper 3rd / 4th generations ones to handle risker jobs like WVR and dogfight?

Back
Top Bottom