What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Does anyone know what the little pod device behind the bottom bay is? Looks like some sort of countermeasure device (ECM?)

That's a Luneberg lense or in fact a device to maximise RCS in order to hide the true one.
It's deep within Chinese airspace where these photos were taken, so I doubt it's about hiding RCS. It makes it easier for air traffic control to keep track of the plane.

It's deep within Chinese airspace where these photos were taken, so I doubt it's about hiding RCS. It makes it easier for air traffic control to keep track of the plane.
Su-57 and FC-31: Where is the Luneberg lens?

img-04dcd2a7c7927cdb4c9e5e746b66fca2.jpg

Via @ColorFuL_晴朗 from Weibo

Tbf F-35 and F-22 do fly with Luneberg lens especially when within US airspace. J-20 probably most likely flies with them attached so as to keep its exact RCS classified, and also like what you said about keeping track of the plane too on ATC radar.

@Su33KUB and @seven0seven

You are again and still potsing off topic. Stop this ... there is no need to post endless pages in this thread on how different aircraft and their rudder /or tails work.

You are again and still potsing off topic. Stop this ... there is no need to post endless pages in this thread on how different aircraft and their rudder /or tails work.
ok sorry:angel:

'but you should stop @Su33KUB first he is always bring irrelevant topic to the J-20 thread sir

I have to say this -- but YOU enabled the diversion with your post 12012. It was you who pique curiosity. I have a good idea on how and why such a displacement occurred, but no need to enlightened the readers, is there?

I have to say this -- but YOU enabled the diversion with your post 12012. It was you who pique curiosity. I have a good idea on how and why such a displacement occurred, but no need to enlightened the readers, is there?

Pardon, but posting a certain detail of interest - at least for me it was new - and asking a question as @Fsjal did is probably the meaning of a forum? Or do you have another perception of discussing certain details of interest?
At least IMO it is way different to posting endless pages of images and long text of explanations, which is more diverting into regular flight control and aerodynamics but an answer to @Fsjal's question "what maneuver that J-20 was executing on the pic".

In the end it seems as if - and that's quite understandable - we are oll here with a different focus: While I'm indeed mostly interested in (you would maybe say naive or simple things) things like news, great images, certain details and serial numbers, others try to go deep into technical issues (which I rate less interesting probably since I do not understand them as much) and other want to lecture ...

Pardon, but posting a certain detail of interest - at least for me it was new - and asking a question as @Fsjal did is probably the meaning of a forum? Or do you have another perception of discussing certain details of interest?
At least IMO it is way different to posting endless pages of images and long text of explanations, which is more diverting into regular flight control and aerodynamics but an answer to @Fsjal's question "what maneuver that J-20 was executing on the pic".

In the end it seems as if - and that's quite understandable - we are oll here with a different focus: While I'm indeed mostly interested in (you would maybe say naive or simple things) things like news, great images, certain details and serial numbers, others try to go deep into technical issues (which I rate less interesting probably since I do not understand them as much) and other want to lecture ...
you asked a question my answer was right, in fact i was not off topic since you were the one that asked, I never did anything wrong, i fact i wonder why you never said you are wrong or right, why my answer was wrong, are not people to exchange ideas in forums?

In fact I gave you an understanding at least that PAKFA, F-18 or even F-35 use V tails, but if you think that is wrong, then this thread should be re-name no discussion J-20 photo album and to be honest it will become so boring, that is why I like secret projects forum, there they have a much better tolerance and overscan was pretty smart in the thread he has about J-20 DSI intake quiet en-lighting in fact pretty smart guy and all the forum members there quiet respectful, here is a bunch of insults and intolerance and pretty much low level conversation with a lot of fantasy and little technical detail, I think you should first look for people respect each other and later try to make it people learn otherwise it is to be honest kinder garden level photo album of J-20

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom