What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Damn that other jet looks so much better

Nah - honestly the J20 looks much much better. The other SAC jet that was rejected looks like a gimped up Su-27 series with canards - just like the Su-57 was and it would have met the same fate as the Su-57 as a failed project.

The J20 is a clean sheet design that is now at the 5th gen level by western standards and will have a growth path for the next 30 years.

Nah - honestly the J20 looks much much better. The other SAC jet that was rejected looks like a gimped up Su-27 series with canards - just like the Su-57 was and it would have met the same fate as the Su-57 as a failed project.

The J20 is a clean sheet design that is now at the 5th gen level by western standards and will have a growth path for the next 30 years.

Su-57 is not as good as J-20 but it's far more capable than Eurofighter which is what your country has.

Su-57 is not as good as J-20 but it's far more capable than Eurofighter which is what your country has.

Looking at the performance of Russian systems in Ukraine - it shows the Typhoon outclasses the Su-57 many times over. There is no engagement model where Su-57 can overcome the Typhoon in actual combat conditions.

When you consider that most of the Russian military systems seem to be powered by CPU's harvested from washing machines ...... your faith in the "actual" capabilities of the Su-57 are misplaced.

7f7cadddly1h5mh170prkj22pg1uynpd.jpg

Via @人民画报 from Weibo

As per @scramble_nl, the 8th Air Brigade at Changxing has started conversion to J-20A fighters as the PLAAF‘s overall 6th combat unit and the second within the ETC.

4EAA0F7D-54A3-4EBF-97FC-63828C05D772.jpeg

No, not the same one. I don't see the video where he misquoted you in the channel so I think he removed it.

Thanks, but at least in this one I heard my name, but since I do not understand his spoken words, it would be fine to know what he is telling.

Thanks, but at least in this one I heard my name, but since I do not understand his spoken words, it would be fine to know what he is telling.
I remember watching the video. He misquoted you saying you thought J-20S needed ws-15 due to extra weight and will have AI instead of second pilot. He's comment was J-20S would be fine with ws-10 and he agreed with you that the AI pilot is possible.

If I hear any chinese source quoting you in the future i'll post it on this forum and tag you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom