What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

An interesting report made by Wu Jianqi, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and a radar expert, at the Academy.
The photos show the content displayed by the air situation system at that time, and describe in detail how the anti-stealth radar of the Chinese Air Force found the f-22 in the air defense identification zone of South Korea hundreds of kilometers away in 2013, and guided the Air Force aircraft to observe the f-22 closely.
f-22.jpeg

An interesting report made by Wu Jianqi, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and a radar expert, at the Academy.
The photos show the content displayed by the air situation system at that time, and describe in detail how the anti-stealth radar of the Chinese Air Force found the f-22 in the air defense identification zone of South Korea hundreds of kilometers away in 2013, and guided the Air Force aircraft to observe the f-22 closely.
View attachment 840978

Well did F-22 fly with Luneburg lens? That makes a whole lot of difference in this situation.

Well did F-22 fly with Luneburg lens? That makes a whole lot of difference in this situation.
There is no Luneburg lens, because according to Wu's speech, the conventional radar working at the same time cannot find the target. Therefore, after the anti-stealth radar found this special target, the Air Force plane was guided to observe it in order to determine the target type.

There is no Luneburg lens, because according to Wu's speech, the conventional radar working at the same time cannot find the target. Therefore, after the anti-stealth radar found this special target, the Air Force plane was guided to observe it in order to determine the target type.

In fact I‘m surprised … why was that F-22/J-20 encounter? From all we know it was a F-35 but not with a Raptor. Can anyone explain more?

In fact I‘m surprised … why was that F-22/J-20 encounter? From all we know it was a F-35 but not with a Raptor. Can anyone explain more?
The photo of Academician Wu's speech makes it clear that the f-22 was discovered in 2013, not the f-35. I think this should be a confirmed result of the Air Force's close observation.

View attachment 840978
And that was 2013, long b4 J20, and we still have kids who think f22 is some kind of mystery to PLA.
Like I always said, f22 has been to that part of the world for 10 yrs or more.
U dont really need semi confidential news like above. Public domain news of the progress made by China in East China Sea over the yrs already indicate how PLAAF vs usaf, incl f22, is like over there.

This tracking of the F-22 happened in 2013, so it has nothing to do with the j-20. The encounter with the j-20 and f-35 is very recent.

This tracking of the F-22 happened in 2013, so it has nothing to do with the j-20. The encounter with the j-20 and f-35 is very recent.

From what I learned, there was no tracking of an F-22 by a J-20, but this - even mot mentioned which - radar was used to track F-22s on that occasion and that they were monitored. Later the J-20 was also "tested against" that radar and this report mentions in relation to this radar, how the J-20 and F-22 fared.

There was NOTHING about the F-22s being monitored by J-20s.

From what I learned, there was no tracking of an F-22 by a J-20, but this - even mot mentioned which - radar was used to track F-22s on that occasion and that they were monitored. Later the J-20 was also "tested against" that radar and this report mentions in relation to this radar, how the J-20 and F-22 fared.

Testing the j-20's performance in real-world use with a radar capable of spotting the f-22 is a logical move.

The guy is talking about a meter wave radar in a multi-static arrangement, nothing earth shattering. It is a known vulnerability of stealth fighters, but multi-static radar is fixed, can be easily spoofed / jammed and degraded and cannot be reliably used to direct fire. Tell you what, a gaggle of F-22's or F-35's is also capable of accurate active/ passive geolocation ..so like I said nothing earth shattering...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom