What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

rear side is less prone than front side sir

Maybe @gambit can explain it better and even correct it, but overall a radar reflecting part is a radar reflecting part regardless where it is mounted. I agree that for certain typical profiles the "rear side [may be] less prone than front side" but a canard must not necessarily be less stealthy. You surely know the Northrop NATF proposal had canards, one of the earlier concepts from Boeing for the 6th generation fighter had canards ...

Maybe @gambit can explain it better and even correct it, but overall a radar reflecting part is a radar reflecting part regardless where it is mounted. I agree that for certain typical profiles the "rear side [may be] less prone than front side" but a canard must not necessarily be less stealthy. You surely know the Northrop NATF proposal had canards, one of the earlier concepts from Boeing for the 6th generation fighter had canards ...
Hi, Deino, finally saw your personal photo a few days ago.

rear side is less prone than front side sir
How about this
1651564019247.png

How about this.
1651564095157.png

Stealthy is designed by computer and tested in lab, not by looking, bro.

F-22 has fixed intake ramp, I forgetting aviation term of this intake design, but it has minimal effect on stealth and same goes to F-35 bumps on underbelly
I just want to show you that if canard is possible an issue, then f-22 has issues too by looking.

You don't know the materials of F-22 intake, I don't know the canard of J-20 either.

But I do know there are lots of means to avoid radar reflection, not only by shape.

Do you know the front area of B-2 has half meter thick Radiation-absorbent material? We just can't judge by naked eyes.

This alone will generate much stronger radar reflection or resonance to X band radars than any canards at any angles, and RAM coating cannot mitigate it substantially.
Unless you got hard data to back it up , it is the other way around. The canard is worse and I bet you cannot explain either way.

Unless you got hard data to back it up , it is the other way around. The canard is worse and I bet you cannot explain either way.

What's the hard data to back up your point then?

canard is metal or metal composite typically titanium and then creeping waves plus actuation….duh!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom