What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

WS-10X is reverse engineered from F-15 & Su-27 engines ...

Can you finally stop posting plain stupid BS? :crazy: :hitwall: ...and where did they get a Pratt & Whitney F100-engine from? Please don't try to spin a new conspiration theory they got it from Pakistan.

Repeated Violations
Nonsense ... the WS-10 is based off a reverse engineered CFM-56 core but that is hardly enough to call it a reverse engineered engine.

Where do you think technology of CFM-56 coming from when China had nothing to begin with if US did not provide the Pratt & Whitney F100 engine as part of friendship technology transfer? It's considered reward to China for pleasing US by attacking Vietnam at that time.

The same goes to how Soviet jet engine technology started with British giving technology to Stalin as token of appreciation in fighting Hitler's forces. Soviet immediately came up with advanced turboprop aircrafts followed by Mig-15 fighter.
Can you finally stop posting plain stupid BS? :crazy: :hitwall: ...and where did they get a Pratt & Whitney F100-engine from? Please don't try to spin a new conspiration theory they got it from Pakistan.

Facts are facts and we can't deny that. You shouldn't spin things around instead by dragging Pakistan into this. My post to Figaro contained historical political because these tech provided part of political good ties at that time that are part of the engine origin so don't try to give me warning, etc.

Where do you think technology of CFM-56 coming from when China had nothing to begin with if US did not provide the Pratt & Whitney F100 engine as part of friendship technology transfer? It's considered reward to China for pleasing US by attacking Vietnam at that time.

The same goes to how Soviet jet engine technology started with British giving technology to Stalin as token of appreciation in fighting Hitler's forces. Soviet immediately came up with advanced turboprop aircrafts followed by Mig-15 fighter.

What the fxxx!?? You know - or at least should know and check - that the CFM-56 is built by CFM International (CFMI), a 50–50 joint-owned company of Safran Aircraft Engines (formerly known as Snecma) of France, and GE Aviation (GE) of the United States.

Pratt & Whitney has nothing to do with this engine and as such even less with the J-20's engine.

No PW F100 was provided by the US to China and especially not "as part of friendship technology transfer".
The CFM-56 delivered to China and allegedly "lost" were delivered together with some B737s and from all we know China reverse engineered the WS-10's core by using the CFM-56's core.

OMG, get the facts correct or check what you are posting .. :hitwall: :crazy:

Facts are facts and we can't deny that. You shouldn't spin things around instead by dragging Pakistan into this. My post to Figaro contained historical political because these tech provided part of political good ties at that time that are part of the engine origin so don't try to give me warning, etc.

Yes, facts are facts but it seems this is not valid for you ... "F100 by Pratt Whitney provided to China as a gift for friendship based on the FCM-56 and used to develop the WS-10 by mating it with the AL-31 nozzle." :drag: So much on your facts! :omghaha:

I'll give you warning exactly for that reason ... you are posting BS, fake and off topic stuff and either you know it or you simply do it for fun, which is trolling.

Also your post towards @Figaro contained NO "historical political" things but simply plain wrong BS.

I have a few questions. I will be glad if you answer.

1- J-20 fifth generation airplane ?
2- Is there any improvement in engine ?
3- Has it started mass production?

Thanks...

I have a few questions. I will be glad if you answer.

1- J-20 fifth generation airplane ?
2- Is there any improvement in engine ?
3- Has it started mass production?

Thanks...
@lcloo provided a short response and I'll provide more detailed answer.
  1. Yes. The J-20 is classified by the US DoD as a fifth generation fighter and has all the attributes of a fifth generation fighter. You can read what characteristics the J-20 was designed from below, written by the former head of Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (i.e. the institute responsible for the J-20) and also the chief designer for the J-10. https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/translation-of-j-20-article-by-dr-song-wencong.165231/
  2. Yes. Actually there are four improvements to be precise. The first is from the AL-31F on the prototypes and LRIP models to the WS-10C, which offers higher thrust and reliability. The second is from the WS-10C to the 3D thrust vectoring WS-10C variant, which is around the same level as the Su-35's 117S engine. The third and final switch will be from this engine to the WS-15, which is the intended engine (i.e. 180 kN, T/W 10, 3D TVC, low SFC, much greater reliability). The first two switches have been completed (the J-20 WS-10 TVC version has started production in the summer) so only the switch the WS-15 is left.
  3. Yes. LRIP began in 2016 and a report stated the plan is for 30 J-20s being produced this year alone. The total number of J-20s by the end of this year should be greater than 60.

New WS-10 J-20s

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Did a WS-15 equipped J-20 also made test flight? Looks like there is not a alot of time before we see ws-15 Test.
685FCEBB-044E-4530-A671-AA58F2C0EE8F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom