What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Im a cryptologist yet I failed to decipher :3

Wat does it mean

Pardon? Does the image do not show up? ... it's just a factory fresh J-20A taking off and all I added was a "smiley". So, nothing to decipher....:what:

Pardon? Does the image do not show up? ... it's just a factory fresh J-20A taking off and all I added was a "smiley". So, nothing to decipher....:what:
I see, I thought there was a meaning with that photo

125839i7yy7dp79u3jdih0.jpg

Taking off in heavy rain today :D

From Dafeng Cao's tweet on 2018-07-27:

“A decent photo of rear view J-20 #2021 fitted with WS-10 engines.”

Then the following thread as some netizen asked him there:

Q: “What's the accepted terminology, WS-10B vs WS-10X...or is the X for the TVC-version?”

Cao's reply: “I would say WS-10B is more proper. The X term I saw it only once refers to the unknown/undefined terminology, it's not an official designation, I don't use it in my post.”

Then some American guy posted there: “Important information!” and c/c it to our famous professor :p: Andrew Erickson, the Professor of Strategy at the US Naval War College and China Maritime Studies Institute, Associate in Research at Harvard and Fairbank Center! And a Term Member of the CFR — the Council on Foreign Relations, the extraordinary influential policy-shaping organization in the USA, whereas most of the presidents of the USA were once being members before going to presidency, and almost all presidents within the last 20 years to my memory (both Bush, father & son, Clinton & Hillary, Obama except Trump).

The related tweet:

Last edited:
Guys, anyone want to guess what the super-cruise speed of J-20 is with the WS-10B that has 87.5kN dry and 140kN wet thrust?

I think it will be around Mach 1.3-1.4 and so quite a bit behind F-22 at Mach 1.8.

btw - congrats to China on the J-20 successful development as it can beat any fighter bar F-22 right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom