What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

J-20's pre WS-15 production will be around 200-400 units````radar, optical sensors, stealth and supersonic maneuverability is exceeding expectation````the future AC based stealth fighter FC-31 will use quite a lot techs from J-20's project``
Hope we will see in the near future the pics of deployed J20 with WS10B.

J-20's pre WS-15 production will be around 200-400 units````radar, optical sensors, stealth and supersonic maneuverability is exceeding expectation````the future AC based stealth fighter FC-31 will use quite a lot techs from J-20's project``

There is no evidence that the FC-31 has been selected as the basis for the J-XX program. A few "insiders" have been claiming this fact but it was later revealed that their rumors were based off an unreliable SAC visit.

Wow that turn around 1:06 to 1:09 is impressive. Desperately want them to show off the performance in Zhuhai shows in future.
I don’t think they will. The PLAAF does not show off grand air maneuvers to impress people like Russia does ... they’re more low-key so to speak.

There is no evidence that the FC-31 has been selected as the basis for the J-XX program. A few "insiders" have been claiming this fact but it was later revealed that their rumors were based off an unreliable SAC visit.
indeed there is no evidence avaliable for public, but it is a fact```AC based project was long approved by the top and the money was already released```without a solid project with a prototyp these cannt be happening, this is something you dont know how the system works

indeed there is no evidence avaliable for public, but it is a fact```AC based project was long approved by the top and the money was already released```without a solid project with a prototyp these cannt be happening, this is something you dont know how the system works

The funding for the project might've been attained, but that doesn't give us a clue as to which design (FC-31 or J-20) the PLAN will ultimately select. A SAC demonstration of the FC-31 1.0 & 2.0 to PLAN officials impressed the latter, but it was later made clear that this is not a commitment of the PLAN to the FC-31 design.

The funding for the project might've been attained, but that doesn't give us a clue as to which design (FC-31 or J-20) the PLAN will ultimately select. A SAC demonstration of the FC-31 1.0 & 2.0 to PLAN officials impressed the latter, but it was later made clear that this is not a commitment of the PLAN to the FC-31 design.
forget J-20's configration, and again, the top wont approve the project if there is no working prototyp, as simple as that, and if the PLAN was not "happy", the project wont have the first stamp from PLAN's top boss, the government will only stamp the project after PLAN approved, fact

thats why I said, you have no clue of how the system works

forget J-20's configration, and again, the top wont approve the project if there is no working prototyp, as simple as that, and if the PLAN was not "happy", the project wont have the first stamp from PLAN's top boss, the government will only stamp the project after PLAN approved, fact

thats why I said, you have no clue of how the system works

The construction of a prototype does not mean that its design has been selected by the PLAN (just take a look at the development of the FC-31 v2.0 despite getting no government funding). "Gongke101", allegedly a "big shrimp", has repeatedly stated that the results are not in yet.

The construction of a prototype does not mean that its design has been selected by the PLAN (just take a look at the development of the FC-31 v2.0 despite getting no government funding). "Gongke101", allegedly a "big shrimp", has repeatedly stated that the results are not in yet.
the project was solid and proved, and SAC is in charge as simple as that, ``工科 works in engine department```without government funding there wondnt be 2.0/3.0/or whatever version you want to say

the project was solid and proved, and SAC is in charge as simple as that, ``工科 works in engine department```without government funding there wondnt be 2.0/3.0/or whatever version you want to say

We'll wait and see, I guess. I'll bear my doubts until solid evidence proves otherwise.

We'll wait and see, I guess. I'll bear my doubts until solid evidence proves otherwise.
as usual, the "evidence" will come out after the plane takes to the sky```so yes, no point of arguing over it, but the fact is that SAC is in charge of this project

J-20 has technological edge over F-22, F-35A is the hard nut that PLAAF and PLAN fears the most`````most people believe the "fat" thunder is clumsy at air-to-air fight, however, the reality is that it opens the new era of aerial combat`````

J-20 has technological edge over F-22, F-35A is the hard nut that PLAAF and PLAN fears the most`````most people believe the "fat" thunder is clumsy at air-to-air fight, however, the reality is that it opens the new era of aerial combat`````
At this point, only Russia is stuck in the WVR nostalgia days ... just look at their Su-57. Apparently, the fighter is so "excellent" and "advanced" that only 12 will be produced. The J-20 and the F-35 will be the two foremost BVR fighters for the foreseeable future ...

At this point, only Russia is stuck in the WVR nostalgia days ... just look at their Su-57. Apparently, the fighter is so "excellent" and "advanced" that only 12 will be produced. The J-20 and the F-35 will be the two foremost BVR fighters for the foreseeable future ...
Russia's S-57 has its own shine too, they chose different approach to achieve battle awareness to China and the U.S````the latter ones pour loads of money and resources on stealth, optical techs and 5th gen battle networks, Russia did not have that luxury, so it works on conventional radars and areodynamics````

:-)

J-20A yellow - 20180727.jpg

Back
Top Bottom