What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Why new and begun?
That is most likely again the WS-10-powered no. 2021.

Deino
Sorry, but I cannot find in my photo collection of 2101 with saw tooth nozzle engine. I must have missed out something?

By the way, I believe "Has Begun" is correct grammatically, when referring to past and continuously to present action:-
Begun is always used with have when someone's action has happened in the past and has a link to the present or had happened before something else,

Last edited:
Sorry, but I cannot find in my photo collection of 2101 with saw tooth nozzle engine. I must have missed out something?

Not 2101 but 2021 ! That's the latest prototype unveiled in September.

By the way, I believe "Has Begun" is correct grammatically, when referring to past and continuously to present action:-
Begun is always used with have when someone's action has happened in the past and has a link to the present or had happened before something else,

You are surely correct and much better in English and its grammar than me ...

Basically, the J-20’s length is around 20.7 to 20.8 meters and its wingspan is approximately 13 meters ... hopefully, this puts an end to the 23 meter and small wings interceptor theory that some posters here believe
Sometime you can uses your common sense if you are Chinese planners you have no problem with your budget and man power you shall prepare to have how many production line now.

What happened here??

J-20A strange - 20171115.jpg

For a while I thought the J20 ran off the runway. However, there is no black tyre marks caused by emergency braking on runway surface.

According to a weibo posting, the aircraft was flying across the runway at low level. The location is Dinxin air base, dated Nov 15th.

今天 05:48 来自 微博 weibo.com
11月15日,鼎新基地,一架J-20正从低空(注:不是超低空,因为地面没有阴影)飞过跑道。

Did they incorporate the 117S from the Su-35s onto the J-20?
If that were the case, the Su-35s wouldn’t be flying with the PLAAF now would they? You don’t see them gathering dust in the hangars ... they are still out and about performing excercises. The notion that China could magically swap out engines at will or has that intention is nonsensical at best. Those are obviously WS-10X engines ... all previous J-20’s has AL-31F series 3 I believe. There would be absolutely no reason for the PLAAF to waste resources

Pardon me, that flying J-20 in the pics, is that orange fire come from engine nozzles rather than blue?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom