What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

J-20 in motions

JWanXxS.gif

J-20 updates EDIT: found a few motion gif ones instead
Disclaimer: I do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.
sE0zt50.gif

MpCcnWE.gif
bBugiN2.gif
ZEZdCu4.gif

Last edited:
From flying J-16 upgraded to J-20 (机头到底有啥玄机,一上央视就打码?)
#制胜空天# 自信的歼20飞行员表态不过学习捍卫祖国领空
good_org.gif

Disclaimer: I do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.

oDRm8PU.jpg

A pair of freshly minted J-20s caught flying yesterday(only one shown in the pic):D:D

View attachment 433531

Interesting. Do You have any more recent information on the current J-10C production? Seems as it has been slowed down a bit but given 2-59 spotted already in late 2016 they must be already producing batch 03 aircraft.

Can't you just copy and paste the file onto PDF? They seem to have a bunch of bandwidth ...

To admit I see nothing but that x. There is no image, no file, not even anything my PC can open and if I copy and paste the link it makes nothing.....

Do you see anything?

PS: :-)

25A26F1C-ED50-4A1A-A33F-F8CED3559B51.png

New J-20 WS-10X Engine Better Stealth, with 14-15 Ton Vector Thrust
Posted: September 22, 2017 | Author: chankaiyee2 | Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: China, J-20, WS-10X |7 Comments

Successful test flight of J-20 no. 2021 prototype. Photo: fyjs.cn

Successful landing of J-20 no. 2021 prototype. Photo: fyjs.cn

I reblogged Popular Science’s September-9 article “China’s J-20 stealth fighter may be getting a new engine” on September 12. According to the article, there was a new J-20 prototype no. 2021 installed with a new WS-10X engine better stealth with 14-15 ton vector thrust that enables J-20 to conduct supersonic supercruise without using fuel-thirsty afterburners.

On September 20, mil.huanqiu.com published the above photos of the successful test of the new J-20 prototype no. 2021.

Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Successful test flight of J-20 no. 2021 fighter jet” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese).
https://tiananmenstremendousachieve...-better-stealth-with-14-15-ton-vector-thrust/

How is the credibility of this news?

Unreliable. Very much.

The WS-10X has no TVC and most likely about 138 kN of thrust.
The WS-10B has a thrust of slightly less than 14 tonnes or around 138 kN. Since this is the WS-10B+, the engine's thrust is around 140-142kN ... a small but noticeable difference.

New J-20 WS-10X Engine Better Stealth, with 14-15 Ton Vector Thrust
Posted: September 22, 2017 | Author: chankaiyee2 | Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: China, J-20, WS-10X |7 Comments

Successful test flight of J-20 no. 2021 prototype. Photo: fyjs.cn

Successful landing of J-20 no. 2021 prototype. Photo: fyjs.cn

I reblogged Popular Science’s September-9 article “China’s J-20 stealth fighter may be getting a new engine” on September 12. According to the article, there was a new J-20 prototype no. 2021 installed with a new WS-10X engine better stealth with 14-15 ton vector thrust that enables J-20 to conduct supersonic supercruise without using fuel-thirsty afterburners.

On September 20, mil.huanqiu.com published the above photos of the successful test of the new J-20 prototype no. 2021.

Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Successful test flight of J-20 no. 2021 fighter jet” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese).
https://tiananmenstremendousachieve...-better-stealth-with-14-15-ton-vector-thrust/

How is the credibility of this news?
Anything from "tiananmentremendosachievements" should be regarded as not credible ...

Unreliable. Very much.

The WS-10X has no TVC and most likely about 138 kN of thrust.

The WS-10B has a thrust of slightly less than 14 tonnes or around 138 kN. Since this is the WS-10B+, the engine's thrust is around 140-142kN ... a small but noticeable difference.

Anything from "tiananmentremendosachievements" should be regarded as not credible ...

How about this:

Additionally, the WS-10X (possibly officially designated WS-10G or WS-10IPE) has sawtoothed serrations on the edges of its afterburning nozzles, like the F-35's F119 engine. The sawtooth edges provide a gain in stealthiness, as they redirect radar waves away from the nozzles. (The straight edges on non-stealthy engines like the AL-31 are major contributors to the radar cross section of a fighter).

In addition to the gains in stealth, the WS-10X is believed to provide about 14-15 tons of thrust. This may be enough power to allow the J-20 to engage in low supersonic supercruise at Mach 1-1.2 speeds. The Eurofighter Typhoon has a similar low supercruise capability, which means it can hit supersonic speeds without using fuel-thirsty afterburners.
https://www.popsci.com/china-stealth-fighter-new-engine

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom