What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

New system radar - there is no hiding for F-22s, F-35s and B-2s entering spaces hundreds of kms from Chinese shores :D:lol:

View attachment 432647

National Science and Technology Progress Award Class I :enjoy:

Pardon, but what does this image show ... and how is it related to the J-20 or the J-20's radar?

I think it is some kind of radar that can detect F-22 or F-35s. Maybe OTH? I'm not sure ...

Sorry, but where is there a radar? All I see is a satellite image showing "maybe" an alleged radar even if I cannot see anyone. But even if this is a radar, how is it related to the J-20 since it surely cannot fit into a J-20's radome.

Sorry, but where is there a radar? All I see is a satellite image showing "maybe" an alleged radar even if I cannot see anyone. But even if this is a radar, how is it related to the J-20 since it surely cannot fit into a J-20's radome.
Wrong thread maybe?

The field is the antenna. The individual rods inside the field are elements. An OTH system. A single cruise missile can disable the system.

Looks like ~100MHz array? Will this overlap with civilian bandwidth?

Maybe the best solution will be a huge radio telescope array on the moon?

The field is the antenna. The individual rods inside the field are elements. An OTH system. A single cruise missile can disable the system.
Same thing Chinese can do with US OTH system with their ship and air launched cruise missile:pop::enjoy:

Exactly my point and therefor my question.

Anti Stealth Radar.

Same thing Chinese can do with US OTH system with their ship and air launched cruise missile:pop::enjoy:

And with their Land Based Cruise Missile also (DF-10A Cruise Missile) :enjoy:

IMG_4137.JPG

IMG_4138.JPG

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

And with their Land Based Cruise Missile also (DF-10A Cruise Missile) :enjoy:

img_4137-jpg.432767

img_4138-jpg.432768

img_4139-jpg.432769

img_4140-jpg.432770

img_4142-jpg.432772

img_4141-jpg.432771
:disagree: land based cruise missile can't reach west coast of USA like Hawaii and Alaska:disagree: with a range of 1000-1500 km not possible:disagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti Stealth Radar.

But that all is irrelevant to the J-20 or in reverse, if China claims it can detect a F-22 with such a radar, why should the USA not be able to do the same with an J-20?

But that all is irrelevant to the J-20 or in reverse, if China claims it can detect a F-22 with such a radar, why should the USA not be able to do the same with an J-20?
Not sure on its relevancy with the J-20, but about the stealthy thing, we never knows, all these recent few years with the rapid technological progresses all are just one's claims vs the other's claims,,,, the masses never know the real ones...

Or are we really sure that the major powers cannot detect the aerial stealth things all these late years? Or they just see no advantage to unveil that kind of claims by other major competitor?

And just think what's the real advantage of any major power to openly & undeniably declare (furnished with hard proofs) that the competitor's stealth is ineffective at the current stage?
Is there any strong justification and benefit?

The aerial stealth things in particular, among the major powers are more like a religious faith, the high priests keep on preaching their listeners that their holy books are the most correct ones as well as their God... but we never really know the truth for no involved party is willing to do so... just no net benefits to point out the weakness of the other's perceived major striking force... all are just own claims & statements... :argh::blah: :rofl:

but of course they're still effective against the majority lesser nations

(that's why the imposing looks of the many CSG or those huge truly long-range strategic bombers with nuke strike capabilities pose their own merits regardless their huge total costs... among others they all pose the physical presence that cannot be denied... at the minimum they give the perceived advantage or superiority that's sufficient to keep the many lesser nations in order :D though we don't really know how effective they're among the major powers in today's technological context! Sorry to sidetrack a bit)

Last edited:
Not sure on its relevancy with the J-20, but about the stealthy thing, we never knows, all these recent few years with the rapid technological progresses all are just one's claims vs the other's claims,,,, the masses never know the real ones...

Or are we really sure that the major powers cannot detect the aerial stealth things all these late years? Or they just see no advantage to unveil that kind of claims by other major competitor?

And just think what's the real advantage of any major power to openly & undeniably declare (furnished with hard proofs) that the competitor's stealth is ineffective at the current stage?
Is there any strong justification and benefit?

The aerial stealth things in particular, among the major powers are more like a religious faith, the high priests keep on preaching their listeners that their holy books are the most correct ones as well as their God... but we never really know the truth for no involved party is willing to do so... just no net benefits to point out the weakness of the other's perceived major striking force... all are just own claims & statements... :argh::blah: :rofl:

but of course they're still effective against the majority lesser nations

(that's why the imposing looks of the many CSG or those huge truly long-range strategic bombers with nuke strike capabilities pose their own merits regardless their huge total costs... among others they all pose the physical presence that cannot be denied... at the minimum they give the perceived advantage or superiority that's sufficient to keep the many lesser nations in order :D though we don't really know how effective they're among the major powers in today's technological context! Sorry to sidetrack a bit)

Once you have all those nuclear warheads, ICBMs and long range cruise missiles, from a strategic view, being aerial stealthy or not will be relatively not that important to you.

Stealth technology is a major technical blackmail to the second and third world countries, no matter whether they are allies or competitors.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom