What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

WS-20 engine is not that critical for Y-20. Its vary will be more critical for C919 to be fully indigenous. The WS-18 is currently more than enough for PLAAF strategic need.
But please keep in mind that commercial, passenger jet like COMAC C919 needs the FAA & EASA certifications to cater the respective markets as clearly explained by @52051 in succinct paragraphs here and his subsequent post, something irrelevant to the military ones!

By the way, what's the current number of J-20A's build ??

The so far final bird delivered is 78275 in mid March.
How do we elaborate chinese jets serials? Lets say in PAF , a thunder is labelled as 16-230 , 16 is 2016 , 2 is block 2 and 30 is 30th unit ....how about J20 , j10 , and chinese flankers...tell me specially for j10 and 20

How do we elaborate chinese jets serials? Lets say in PAF , a thunder is labelled as 16-230 , 16 is 2016 , 2 is block 2 and 30 is 30th unit ....how about J20 , j10 , and chinese flankers...tell me specially for j10 and 20

Usually - for Divisions and Regiments - these numbers consist of 5 numbers in a XabXc-pattern. The first and fourth number = XX minus 11 denotes the Division a type is assigned to. For example: the J-11BS numbered "10326" has XX = 12, so 12 - 11 = 1. Fighter Division.

The numbers abc - aka the second, third and fifth number - are for 3 blocks of 50 each and are denoting the Regiment: abc = 001 to 049 = first Regiment within a Division, abc = 051 to 099 = second Regiment within a Division and finally abc = 101 to 150 = third Regiment within a Division.

The newer system for the Bases and their subordinated Brigades is a bit different. Here the pattern is of a XXaXb system, where XXX minus 611 denotes the Brigade and the numbers 'ab' represent the individual aircraft-number within that Brigade.
For example: the J-20A numbered "78275" has XXX = 787, so 787 - 611 = 176. Brigade and the "ab" = 25 means aircraft no. 25 within Brigade, however not the 25th J-20A.

Hope that helps.

Deino

By the way, I'm away for one week from tomorrow morning; a school-trip with my class into the deepest forest without any internet-access ... I'm sure during these days, FC-31V2 will fly again, the J-15A or B will be unveiled and a lot more ... as usual when I'm off-line.

All the best.

Usually - for Divisions and Regiments - these numbers consist of 5 numbers in a XabXc-pattern. The first and fourth number = XX minus 11 denotes the Division a type is assigned to. For example: the J-11BS numbered "10326" has XX = 12, so 12 - 11 = 1. Fighter Division.

The numbers abc - aka the second, third and fifth number - are for 3 blocks of 50 each and are denoting the Regiment: abc = 001 to 049 = first Regiment within a Division, abc = 051 to 099 = second Regiment within a Division and finally abc = 101 to 150 = third Regiment within a Division.

The newer system for the Bases and their subordinated Brigades is a bit different. Here the pattern is of a XXaXb system, where XXX minus 611 denotes the Brigade and the numbers 'ab' represent the individual aircraft-number within that Brigade.
For example: the J-20A numbered "78275" has XXX = 787, so 787 - 611 = 176. Brigade and the "ab" = 25 means aircraft no. 25 within Brigade, however not the 25th J-20A.

Hope that helps.

Deino

By the way, I'm away for one week from tomorrow morning; a school-trip with my class into the deepest forest without any internet-access ... I'm sure during these days, FC-31V2 will fly again, the J-15A or B will be unveiled and a lot more ... as usual when I'm off-line.

All the best.
haha the moment your eyes go off from chinese section , the very next moment something big happens ..BTW thnx very very much sir for this detailed info

Since there is hardly New pictures coming up, how about a real nice HD old picture from the Airshow China last year? if being posted before, please ignore
TULu4Kq.jpg

Since there is hardly New pictures coming up, how about a real nice HD old picture from the Airshow China last year? if being posted before, please ignore

Thanks a lot for posting :smitten::yahoo: and You are correct ... we are again in a time, where we barely get any News, no new images, no news reports on additional LRIP-birds ... nearly nothing. :cray:

But I'm sure some day we get the news ...

Deino

Hey guys, does anyone has access to "现代兵器" magazine?
"201706" J-20 has been unveiled
v6UHaVh.png

For what does 201706 stand? The 6th LRIP altogether, first spotted in 2017?

201706 stands for 2017 June issue of "现代兵器"(Modern Weapons) magazine.
For Weapons they would likely just use "武器", meaning weapons like guns and bombs.
I think they use "兵器" to mean Armed Forces Equipment/Devices, to include warships and jetfighters.
How about "Modern Arms" ?

Back
Top Bottom