What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Finally a new image of our old friend ....

View attachment 391626

During 90s, when I saw American's artistic concept of ATF, I said to myself there is no chance for China to make something like that due to the fact that China only got j-7 and J-8-I and under international embargo. And time has been passed so fast, I'm very please to see China progress as we're now.

atf_p.jpg

Are these recent images or older ones just posted now?

I just came across this picture, don't think i've seen it before? a PS one?
ylaLhZc.jpg

No, why do You think so ?? By the way, I think it's an older one, even if I'm no longer able to find each and every image I have saved over the years.

By the way, what's the current number of J-20A's build ??

The so far final bird delivered is 78275 in mid March.

During 90s, when I saw American's artistic concept of ATF, I said to myself there is no chance for China to make something like that due to the fact that China only got j-7 and J-8-I and under international embargo. And time has been passed so fast, I'm very please to see China progress as we're now.

atf_p.jpg
Bro, times have changed. I was watching a few CCTV documentaries on how they build the JH-7A, DF-5, T-99, etc. Those guys had it so tough, no proper computers, it was their first time seeing a CAD program. They had to start from scratch. They worked really hard. I am confident that China can cut short alot of R&D time because we work harder, we have some of the best talent, and now we have proper funding and facilities. That's why these past 10 years, all of a sudden, the fruits of our hardship start to pop-up . Would you have imagined a Y-20 5 years ago. I believe by end of the year, China will officially unveil a domestic engine for Y-20.

Bro, times have changed. I was watching a few CCTV documentaries on how they build the JH-7A, DF-5, T-99, etc. Those guys had it so tough, no proper computers, it was their first time seeing a CAD program. They had to start from scratch. They worked really hard. I am confident that China can cut short alot of R&D time because we work harder, we have some of the best talent, and now we have proper funding and facilities. That's why these past 10 years, all of a sudden, the fruits of our hardship start to pop-up . Would you have imagined a Y-20 5 years ago. I believe by end of the year, China will officially unveil a domestic engine for Y-20.
WS-20 engine is not that critical for Y-20. Its vary will be more critical for C919 to be fully indigenous. The WS-18 is currently more than enough for PLAAF strategic need.

Back
Top Bottom