What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Sorry, but that's exactly what I said You were claiming ... so why did You then say I misquoted You ???

Care to tell again what's Your calculation: 210kN for both engines in dry thrust or 210kN for each engine in wet (aka maximum AB) thrust ???

The first one would be realistic, the second is pure phantasy ! ... what You are suggesting would be an engine close to the Russian NK-25 or NK-32.

I had shown in my calculations, many times, how I came to the conclusion, that each WS-15 engine, must has a maximum thrust or wet thrust, with afterburner > 210kN.

How is that a fantasy?

The F-35's F135 engine is rated as a 190kN (probably a bit more) class engine, which is just 10% less than 210kN, and it was already developed in the 1990's and fully operational for over 10 years.

One F135 engine wad enough to push the F-35C, which has an empty weight of 15.8 tons.

How come I don't hear you claiming that "frankenstein" F135 engine is "impossible", "pure fantasy"?

Your mind got blown away, when I suggested WS-15 has maximum thrust > 210kN. I am sorry to say, it's probably because you have little imagination and no technical ability.

Last edited:
No sir, i am not trying to be sarcastic or something, currently J-20 interim engine is non stealthy, i don't know about WS-15 that it will have stealth nozzle or not, get real sir:angel::china:

May I know how stealthy is F-35 nozzle? And yet J-20 is consider just basic stealth. While western considered F-35 supapupa stealthy? The western article claimed J-20 is the most slightly better than F-16 which means it's still inferior to even 4.5th gen fighter like Rafale and typhoon which hardly is stealthy and not to mention no internal weapon bay which significantly increase RCS.

Last edited:
May I know how stealthy is F-135 nozzle? And yet J-20 is consider just basic stealth. While western considered F-35 supapupa stealthy? The western article claimed J-20 is the most slightly better than F-16 which means it's still inferior to even 4.5th gen fighter like Rafael and typhoon which hardly is stealthy and not to mention no internal weapon bay which significantly increase RCS.

Another B.S. article written by know nothing Journalist, to cover their apprehension for J-20, by deny it's technical merits.

Yea, sure, denial will work.

I had shown in my calculations, many times, how I came to the conclusion, that each WS-15 engine, must has a maximum thrust or wet thrust, with afterburner > 210kN.

But why then complaining I misquoted You when You are Yourself requiting again what I quoted???

May I know how stealthy is F-35 nozzle? And yet J-20 is consider just basic stealth. While western considered F-35 supapupa stealthy? The western article claimed J-20 is the most slightly better than F-16 which means it's still inferior to even 4.5th gen fighter like Rafale and typhoon which hardly is stealthy and not to mention no internal weapon bay which significantly increase RCS.
No sir i am not comparing F-35 nozzle with J-20 interim engine, i am comparing it to F-22's F-119 engine, yes sir you are right F-35 has not a broad band stealth like F-22 have its has narrow band stealth for specific radars and its not stealth jet in CAS, strike role at all and the peoples who are saying that J-20 slightly better than F-16 and inferior to RAFALE and EF-2000, you knows those people better than me sir, those people are Indian, Taiwanese and US, an i think J-20 in the same class as F-22 and PAK-FA:china::tup:
I showed, but since you may have a simpler mind so you just simply cannot understand that or connect the dots, so again, I do it for simple-mindeds such as you:rofl::

On J-20's plasma stealth:

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2014-04-17/0824774434.html

So again, throw baseless accusation towards me truly show what a simple mind you are.

And it is you who are wet-dreaming too much, now I give you a intelligent challenge: try stop wasting my time with repeative dumb questtions, can you?:rofl:

Btw, the next generation US stealth tech is made in China
http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_12377354_1.html

It just show us the pathetic state of the US stealth tech now comparing to that of China:rofl:
This your source:lol::rofl: good for your mental health kid keep living in your fantasy world and wet dream go check your mental health from your doctor:sleep:take a nap bro you need a good sleep kid:sarcastic::lazy2:

To All, dont waste my time on this:

Chinese have invented smart ways for plasma stealth generator:

< snipped >

For any new tech, the US dont have such head start, China can surpass then leave them in the dust easily.:lol:

So yes, truth hurts
The truth hurts, but it is your China that is hurting.

Truth is, your China is still behind.

Plasma ? Pffftt...

The US passed that. Old tech.

Am in the semiconductor manufacturing sector. We are going to use semicon manufacturing techniques to create conducting circuits at the composite material's substrate level, just like how we build capacitors and transistors in the various semicon products. This will be passive until there is a radar signal on contact, then the circuits will conduct and negate those signals.

Note: That Chinese quantum radar you guys been boasting about ? Useless.

no plasma stealth.
dont waste ur time to prove a false information.

There is a direct relationship between the size of the intake, amount of airflow, and maximum thrust of the engine. Increasingly powerful engines will generally require more airflow. The entire history of aviation design backs this up.

Lockheed Martin designed both the F-16 and F-22. Lockheed Martin knows the airflow requirements for the F100/F110 versus the F119. Look at the size difference of the intakes between the F-16 and F-22. I am going to post pictures of people directly inside the intake so you can establish scale.

An airman performing an intake inspection on the F-16. Note the size of the intake.
OtVv0BL.jpg

Now look at the size of the intake for the F-22. The intake is significantly larger because the F119 has significantly greater airflow requirements to generate the extra thrust. It's that simple.
rS8fPKr.jpg

Likewise, CAC designed both the J-10 and J-20. CAC knows the airflow requirements for the AL-31 and both aircraft. CAC purposely designed the J-20 to have larger intakes than the J-10.

WuGwUEd.jpg

eliyvSF.jpg

zCsuQnQ.jpg

3W07WZt.jpg

Want the perfect contrast to the J-20's large intakes? Take a look at the Mitsubishi X-2 Shinshin. It's like a little trainer aircraft. I don't even need to check the thrust of the engines to know it is weak. Small intakes mean small airflow for weak engines. The scale is completely off in the picture below, the size of the X-2 is overrepresented, and the J-20's intakes are still bigger.
FOREIGN201604271114000362563956618.jpg

I showed, but since you may have a simpler mind so you just simply cannot understand that or connect the dots, so again, I do it for simple-mindeds such as you:rofl::

On J-20's plasma stealth:

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2014-04-17/0824774434.html

So again, throw baseless accusation towards me truly show what a simple mind you are.

And it is you who are wet-dreaming too much, now I give you a intelligent challenge: try stop wasting my time with repeative dumb questtions, can you?:rofl:

Btw, the next generation US stealth tech is made in China
http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_12377354_1.html

It just show us the pathetic state of the US stealth tech now comparing to that of China:rofl:
you believe this chinese blog's rumors its your Choice:lol::lol::rofl:, show me that PLAAF or CCTV or some semi official source that says J-20 is or will be using PLASMA STEALTH:disagree:

Want the perfect contrast to the J-20's large intakes? Take a look at the Mitsubishi X-2 Shinshin. It's like a little trainer aircraft. I don't even need to check the thrust of the engines to know it is weak. Small intakes mean small airflow for weak engines. The scale is completely off in the picture below, the size of the X-2 is overrepresented, and the J-20's intakes are still bigger.
View attachment 386134

That is just a technology demonstrator and not going to be the plane Japan will use. However there are concepts where their future gen plane will be a bit bigger.
Japan-F-3E.png

83a419e05eaa8a71038b1555b86cc984.jpg

Wet dream
Not really, Japan will revive its mighty Godzilla through the Fukushima power along with the Robotechnology-inspired aircraft based on its discovery of an alien starship in the South Pacific island.

Just watch out: Japan just resurrected from WWII ashes its largest battleship Izumo-class Kaga helicopter carrier!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom