What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

What makes you say that?

F-14 Tomcat flew off aircraft carriers.
F-14 tomcat maximum weight is
Max. takeoff weight: 74,350 lb (33,720 kg)

Projected J-20 Max. takeoff weight is
Max takeoff weight: 36,288 kg (80,001 lb) upper estimate

China currently have not Nimitz size aircraft carrier, not possible on current Chinese AC

China currently have not Nimitz size aircraft carrier, not possible on current Chinese AC

Hey come on, that could be rated as an insult to any Chinese technology achievements !! If I had posted this ... not to think about?? :blink:

With the proclaimed +210 kN WS-15 with super-stealthy TVC-technology a J-20 can surely even jump out of my parking lot; and whoever does not believe this is a China-basher and Western ignorant. :omghaha:

Deino

An older image of J-20 2001 repainted grey ...

J-20 2001 repainted grey - posted 2017.jpg

The 4th LRIP J-20.

O.k. ??? Thanks.
But what are then the numbers 78271 to 78274 ?? Which LRIP birds are these ??
Especially if this is the fourth LRIP aircraft and the fifth had just its maiden flight in yellow, so both are still at CAC ?

Deino

Last edited:
O.k. ??? Thanks.
But what are then the numbers 78271 to 78274 ?? Which LRIP birds are these ??
Especially if this is the fourth LRIP aircraft and the fifth had just its maiden flight in yellow, so both are still at CAC ?

Deino
As the author mentioned, it is a series of old photos.

J-20 will have far more powerful engines to enable it to launch from aircraft carrier - assume 180kN each from J-20 as opposed to 130kN each from F-14 Tomcat. Also,we are talking about future carriers that will be larger than the current one.

@Deino: Your reply was childish and not suitable for that of a mod.

J-20 will have far more powerful engines to enable it to launch from aircraft carrier - assume 180kN each from J-20 as opposed to 130kN each from F-14 Tomcat. Also,we are talking about future carriers that will be larger than the current one.

@Deino: Your reply was childish and not suitable for that of a mod.
yes but in lesser numbers medium weight class jets is on more favorable than heavies on AC

All large US Carriers have Steam Powered Catapult, and the Ford class carrier have ElectroMagnetic Catapult to assist aircrafts to take off.

Some people don't seems understand what does the Catapult do, and what my post is talking about. Please don't call yourself a fanboy, if you don't even know these basic stuffs. It is insulting to the rest of us. :hitwall: :hitwall:

upload_2017-1-29_14-37-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-29_14-35-8.png
    upload_2017-1-29_14-35-8.png
    636.4 KB · Views: 23
All large US Carriers have Steam Powered Catapult, and the Ford class carrier have ElectroMagnetic Catapult to assist aircrafts to take off.

Some people don't seems understand what does the Catapult do, and what my post is talking about. Please don't call yourself a fanboy, if you don't even know these basic stuffs. It is insulting to the rest of us. :hitwall: :hitwall:

View attachment 372912
bro with due respect you are hyping too much about the capabilities of J-20 true capability of J-20 know only and only PLAAF no ones knows other than PLAAF and you know all the basic of military aviation:sarcastic::omghaha: you are the real fanboy for J-20:lol::rofl:

I don't know, but does J-20 really-really was prepared to be equipped with a 3D TVC engine? Because 3D TVC engine is way different to AL31 series and WS-10. 3D TVC engine has more weight, means that it will change everything. including the center of weight to the aircraft. If you replace the current engine (which supposedly to be WS-10 or AL-31) then you have modify everything, to correct the center of weight of the aircraft. That mean, J-20 will have to change her everything. Wing placement, fuselage model, etc

So I think there are two possible reality about J-20 here. Either it is not designed to have a 3D TVC engine from the beginning, or it has already has 3D TVC Engine

But I think even if J-20 is not designed to has a 3D TVC engine, it is not inferior aircraft. Look at F-22. Even with TVC Engine, it didn't give a guarantee win against an aircraft without TVC. Look at her record against European Typhoon and other older aircraft from the Europe. To defense F-22 loses, they said that it supposed to fight in BVR area, as it is the F-22 strong point. But then, what is the purpose of 3D TVC engine, if it's not to help the aircraft win a dog fight scenario?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom