What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Has anyone got a picture of J20 with canards not open...!!!!!!!!

"not open"?????

no hd photo, just picked out from the very old video:
http://v.pptv.com/show/nkXkYsowoN5Bv0M.html

eb1bb6389b504fc24cce9d19e7dde71191ef6dca.jpg
QQ截图20161122121721.jpg
QQ截图20161122121756.jpg
QQ截图20161122121842.jpg
0b7b02087bf40ad10321315f572c11dfa8ecce41.jpg

That doesn't sound like a convincing argument.

It's simple physics. The engine, like the diaphragm of a speaker, vibrates, which rhythmically push on air molecules thereby generating sound. Those air molecules' movements get altered by the structures it must pass through to reach your ears, thus altering the sound you hear in pitch, tone, and amplitude.

I'm sorry, but where exactly is the top layer and bottom layer? The top layer should be HIGHER than the bottom layer, and the edges of the overlap should be visible. I see a single layer.....

Don't get me wrong, but what do You want to show??? That both engines are different in certain very minor details ? This in fact I won't deny, but it still proofs that the J-20's engine is an AL-31.

Or Do You want to show that these minor differences are a hint that it is a WS-10 or WS-1X ???

Why all these comparisons ??

What do you mean canard not open bro?:what:

Sir! ....I may not have expressed myself properly.

All the photos of J20 I have seen have their "front wings" OPEN (like wings of a bird are open when flying).

I wanted to see the photos (if possible) that front wings are closed (like the rear ones) for cruising. I may be totally wrong here.

All the photos of J20 I have seen have their "front wings" OPEN (like wings of a bird are open when flying).

I wanted to see the photos (if possible) that front wings are closed (like the rear ones) for cruising. I may be totally wrong here.

You gotta be kidding.:hitwall::hitwall:[:hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aircraft with variable sweep wings = F-111, F-14, Tornado etc. were designs of 1970 and 1980 era.

J20 does not have such wing or canard mechanism. Thus it cannot sweep forward (opened) or sweep back (closed) its wings or canards (front wings).

None of current stealth fighters in service or under development have variable sweep wings.

Last edited:

bro what are you talking about:hitwall: when you see J-20 rear wings closed Please post those pics:crazy: they're all fixed surfaces and how can J-20 fly without main/rear wing, and J-20 is a canard delta wing plan-form like J-10,EF-2000, RAFALE and GRIPPEN, are you referring to variable swept wing fighter jet like F-14, F-111, Su-24,and Mig-23/27?, planes are not birds:disagree::devil: sorry to say bro you doesn't have the basic knowledge about fighter jets:p::man_in_love::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's simple physics. The engine, like the diaphragm of a speaker, vibrates, which rhythmically push on air molecules thereby generating sound. Those air molecules' movements get altered by the structures it must pass through to reach your ears, thus altering the sound you hear in pitch, tone, and amplitude.

Yes. and Simple physics understanding will also tell you that sounds can also be altered by air conditions, weather, etc.

If China was indeed using a domestic engine for its top of the line fighter, you can bet your *** that they'll plaster that info all over the media.

Yes. and Simple physics understanding will also tell you that sounds can also be altered by air conditions, weather, etc.

If China was indeed using a domestic engine for its top of the line fighter, you can bet your *** that they'll plaster that info all over the media.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It could be your eyes are closed, and your ears are shut. And maybe you should keep your month shut too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom